|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters Sixteen through Twenty.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Kupanya lift the curse?
(a) He hired a wizard.
(b) He convinced Sammy to lift it.
(c) He hired a shaman.
(d) He convinced Njombo that it was fake.
2. What song did all of the settlers join in singing at the Palmers?
(a) Ring Around the Roses.
(b) God Save the Queen.
(d) London Bridge.
3. What did the natives take after negotiating payment for work?
(a) Tin cups.
(b) The sewing machine.
(d) The gramophone.
4. What was Sammy's new wife's name?
5. What did the leopard do to the Palmers?
(a) Ate one of their dogs.
(b) Knocked down fencing.
(c) Destroyed part of the house.
(d) Ate several of their goats.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Crawford say was a sign of a made-up story?
2. Who had once killed a lion at the meeting place of the two rivers?
3. What were the villagers sacrificing?
4. What was the rumor about Lettice's marriage to an older man at 18?
5. What creatures did Crawford say were shy?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)