|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters Sixteen through Twenty.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did the warriors refuse to remove any more weeds?
(a) They did not want to help Europeans.
(b) It would hurt their pride.
(c) It was a waste of time.
(d) They wanted more money.
2. About how many miles a day could the oxen handle?
3. What did the Kikuyu do if someone died inside a hut?
(a) They moved the hut to another location.
(b) They gave the hut to survivors.
(c) They buried the person in the hut.
(d) They burned the hut down.
4. According to Tilly, what was a main cause of the native children's bloated stomachs?
(a) Enlarged spleen from malaria.
(d) Eating too much.
5. What did Robin initially try to use to "break the ice" with the natives?
(a) A sewing machine.
(b) A radio.
(c) A telephone.
(d) A gramaphone.
Short Answer Questions
1. What word was used to describe a quarrel or discussion?
2. How many unmarried daughters did Robin's Aunt Veronica have?
3. What was a mundu-mago?
4. What did Kamau want the bwana to bring him from Nairobi?
5. What did Lettice say Hugh suffered from while she was away?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)