|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters Sixteen through Twenty.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of dogs did the Palmers bring to Africa?
2. What did Robin initially try to use to "break the ice" with the natives?
(a) A telephone.
(b) A gramaphone.
(c) A sewing machine.
(d) A radio.
3. How did Randall Smith spend his Sundays?
(a) Planting gardens.
(b) Attending church services.
(c) Searching for lions and buffaloes.
(d) Negotiating business deals.
4. What did Ian say the native beer tasted like?
(b) European beer.
(d) Sour yeast.
5. Who had once killed a lion at the meeting place of the two rivers?
(a) Vladimir Lenin.
(b) Winston Churchill.
(c) Theodore Roosevelt.
(d) Woodrow Wilson.
Short Answer Questions
1. What birds did Crawford and Elspeth observe doing a mating ritual?
2. What game did Mrs. Palmer play with Tilly to get her mind off the dying man?
3. What did Elspeth say she wanted more than anything?
4. What did Elspeth receive as a gift at the New Year's party?
5. How did the settlers assume Mr. Nimmo was making money?
This section contains 192 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)