|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters Six through Ten.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long did it take the workers to build their own huts?
(a) One week.
(b) Six days.
(c) Two days.
(d) Five days.
2. Why did the warriors refuse to remove any more weeds?
(a) It was a waste of time.
(b) They did not want to help Europeans.
(c) It would hurt their pride.
(d) They wanted more money.
3. What items did Mrs. Palmer say would need their own stable?
(a) The couple's cars.
(b) Captain Palmer's trophies.
(c) The couple's furniture.
(d) The couple's horses.
4. What was the murder victim's name?
5. Why was Tilly upset about Roger Stilbeck's letter?
(a) He was telling her whom to be friends with.
(b) He was asking for more money.
(c) He was telling the Huxleys how wonderful the land was.
(d) He was ordering them to begin planting coffee.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was Alec Wilson in Africa?
2. What birds did Crawford and Elspeth observe doing a mating ritual?
3. What did Elspeth say she wanted more than anything?
4. What game did Mrs. Palmer play with Tilly to get her mind off the dying man?
5. Where was the District Commissioner located?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)