|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters One through Five.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was the District Commissioner located?
(a) Fort Mitchell.
(b) Fort Smith.
(c) Fort Carter.
(d) Fort Hall.
2. What did the author refer to as "that sovereign remedy for almost everything"?
(a) Cod-liver oil.
(d) Epsom salts.
3. What kind of chickens did Tilly bring from England?
(b) Speckled Essex.
(c) Rhode Island Reds.
(d) Speckled Sussex.
4. Why did Mr. Roos kick Sammy?
(a) Sammy yelled at Mr. Roos.
(b) Sammy ignored an order.
(c) Sammy went home.
(d) Sammy stole money.
5. What faith did Juma claim to be?
Short Answer Questions
1. How long did it take the workers to build their own huts?
2. How did Randall Smith spend his Sundays?
3. What did Elspeth say she wanted more than anything?
4. What are siafu?
5. About how many miles a day could the oxen handle?
This section contains 158 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)