|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters Eleven through Fifteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Kupanya lift the curse?
(a) He hired a shaman.
(b) He convinced Njombo that it was fake.
(c) He convinced Sammy to lift it.
(d) He hired a wizard.
2. How did Captain Palmer plan to build his house?
(a) He hired a Nairobi contractor.
(b) He hired the natives.
(c) He did the work himself.
(d) He hired other settlers.
3. What animals did the Huxley family take with them to Africa?
4. Where did the jiggas dig into the body?
(a) Under the fingernail.
(b) On the scalp.
(c) Under the toenail.
(d) In the ears.
5. What was the name of the Irishwoman known for her fearlessness?
(a) Pioneer Mary.
(b) Pioneer Moire.
(c) Pioneer Maureen.
(d) Pioneer Brigid.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what African country had Robin mined for metals?
2. To what kind of fish did Elspeth compare the men lounging in the shade in the middle of the day?
3. What color are Elspeth Huxley's eyes?
4. What items did Mrs. Palmer say would need their own stable?
5. What did the priests at the Italian mission plant?
This section contains 192 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)