|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters Sixteen through Twenty.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many goats did Tilly say the District Commissioner would fine Kupanya if the curse were not lifted?
2. How did Elspeth protect Twinkle?
(a) By refusing to let Twinkle wander.
(b) By building a fence.
(c) With a charm.
(d) By praying.
3. Why did the priests refuse to help Njombo?
(a) He was not white.
(b) He was not Italian.
(c) He was not baptized.
(d) He had been married to several women.
4. According to Tilly, what was a main cause of the native children's bloated stomachs?
(a) Eating too much.
(d) Enlarged spleen from malaria.
5. How did the settlers assume Mr. Nimmo was making money?
(a) From ivory poaching.
(b) From coffee harvests.
(c) From mineral extraction.
(d) From bribes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did the warriors refuse to remove any more weeds?
2. What did the settlers hunt in Chapter 12?
3. What did Mr. Roos add to the trap to make it more effective?
4. What natural phenomenon did Tilly and Ian comment on at the end of Chapter 12?
5. What did Kamau want the bwana to bring him from Nairobi?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)