Chapters One through Five
1. In what year was the Huxley family heading to Thika?
2. How long was the journey from Nairobi to Thika?
(a) Five days.
(b) Three days.
(c) Two days.
(d) One day.
3. What animals did the Huxley family take with them to Africa?
4. How many acres of land did Robin buy from Roger Stilbeck?
5. What crop did Stilbeck insist would be easy to grow on the farm?
6. About how many miles a day could the oxen handle?
7. Why were the Orams leaving Ruiri?
(a) They missed the Transvaal.
(b) They were getting more land in the Free State.
(c) They were returning to the Netherlands.
(d) It was getting overcrowded.
8. What had the missionaries and the Government convinced the Kikuyu to adopt?
9. What faith did Juma claim to be?
10. What did Juma falsely claim the Kikuyu ate?
(c) Human corpses.
This section contains 3,461 words
(approx. 12 pages at 300 words per page)