|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Jacques see in his half-dream state?
2. Where did Pierre and Jacques spend some of their free time?
3. What happened when Jacques told his mother and grandmother that he had a chance at getting a higher education?
4. What did the farmer do?
5. What was the political situation like?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Jacques feel about his family coming to the awards ceremony?
2. What does Jacques feel as he goes down the hallway and outside?
3. Describe what happens when Jacques needs a permission slip signed.
4. How did M. Bernard feel about the children of war victims?
5. What does Jacques realize about his father?
6. What did Jacques feel about Ernest?
7. How did Ernest feel about his mother?
8. Describe how Lucie reacts to the task and how it makes Jacques feel.
9. Why did the French come to Algeria, and what did they find?
10. Why didn't Jacques' mother and grandmother want him to go to the lycee?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the home Jacques grew up in when he lived in Algiers. Who lived with him? What was the neighborhood like? What were some of the challenges they faced living there? Was he happy? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Explain what happened when Jacques has a coin. What does he do with it? What does he tell his grandmother about it? How does she react, and what does he learn from the experience.
Essay Topic 3
Describe the differences between Malan's love for Jacques and Jacques' love for Malan? How do they deal with the difference?
This section contains 611 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)