Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What were people drawn to in Ernest, including Jacques' grandmother?
2. What did Jacques dread each day when he went home from the lycee?
3. Why did the Cormerys show up early for the awards ceremony?
4. What disability did Ernest have?
5. What did Jacques help Michel with?
Essay Topic 1
Describe how Lucie and Henri related to the locals, and how the locals treated them in return. Use examples from the story to show their acceptance or antagonism towards each other.
Essay Topic 2
Describe in detail Jacques' idea of a great summer day as he explains it in the book in the chapter "The Child's Games."
Essay Topic 3
Explain how M. Bernard completely changed Jacques' world. What was he like as a teacher? How did he treat the students? How was he an advocate for Jacques? Why did Jacques continue to visit him even when he was old?
This section contains 798 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)