|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Jacques ask Veillard about?
2. How was the outside in comparison to the hallway?
3. What was Josephin's relationship to Ernest?
4. What did the uncle and grandmother say Jacques had?
5. What made the mother and grandmother proud?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe how Jacques got to school each day.
2. How does Jacques feel about his family coming to the awards ceremony?
3. How did M. Bernard feel about the children of war victims?
4. How does Jacques feel about his classmates?
5. What handicap did Ernest have, and how did it affect his life?
6. What were the Arabs in the area like?
7. Why does Jacques go to Jacques, and what does he find?
8. Why did Jacques like M. Bernard so much?
9. Describe the grandmother's response to his task, and how Jacques feels about it.
10. What was Ernest's relationship like with his sister?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe how Jacques felt about his father. How did his mother's relationship to his father influence him? How did he change as he learned more about his father?
Essay Topic 2
Explain what happened when Jacques has a coin. What does he do with it? What does he tell his grandmother about it? How does she react, and what does he learn from the experience.
Essay Topic 3
Describe how Henri felt about fighting and warfare. What did Jacques learn about his father from the war stories told to him by his teacher?
This section contains 516 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)