|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Jacques walk to school with?
2. What separated the two worlds in Jacques?
3. Where did Veillard's ancestors come from?
4. How did the grandmother kill the hen?
5. How did Jacques feel when he got the hen?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Jacques feel about Ernest?
2. Explain what the lycee is and why it was a privilege to go there.
3. What does Jacques realize about his father?
4. Describe the grandmother's response to his task, and how Jacques feels about it.
5. How does Jacques feel about his classmates?
6. Describe what happens when Jacques needs a permission slip signed.
7. Describe the attitude of the vets in the soldier's home.
8. Describe how Lucie reacts to the task and how it makes Jacques feel.
9. What were the Arabs in the area like?
10. How did Ernest feel about his mother?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
When Jacques greeted Lucie after his trip to the grave, how did they greet each other? How did she act right after the initial greeting? What did Jacques hold himself back from doing, although he did it when he was younger?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the home Jacques grew up in when he lived in Algiers. Who lived with him? What was the neighborhood like? What were some of the challenges they faced living there? Was he happy? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Explain what happened when Jacques has a coin. What does he do with it? What does he tell his grandmother about it? How does she react, and what does he learn from the experience.
This section contains 552 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)