|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the grandmother think of Lucie's haircut?
2. How did Jacques feel when he got into the school of higher education?
3. What did the uncle and grandmother say Jacques had?
4. How was the outside in comparison to the hallway?
5. What made the mother and grandmother proud?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the grandmother's response to his task, and how Jacques feels about it.
2. What did Jacques feel about Ernest?
3. What was Ernest's relationship like with his sister?
4. Describe how Lucie reacts to the task and how it makes Jacques feel.
5. Describe how Jacques got to school each day.
6. Explain what the lycee is and why it was a privilege to go there.
7. What does Jacques feel as he goes down the hallway and outside?
8. How did Ernest feel about his mother?
9. What were the Arabs in the area like?
10. What handicap did Ernest have, and how did it affect his life?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe in detail Jacques' idea of a great summer day as he explains it in the book in the chapter "The Child's Games."
Essay Topic 2
Describe what Jacques discovered when he went back to the town of his birth. What was the political situation? What did he learn about his father? How did the visit change him?
Essay Topic 3
When Lucie and Henri moved, they had to deal with many different changes. Explain what they had to face culturally, physically, mentally, and socially.
This section contains 547 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)