|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Jacques about male friendship when he was out with his uncle?
2. What did Jacques have to give up to be friends with Georges?
3. Why did Jacques and Pierre have to leave their neighborhood on a daily basis?
4. Why was M. Bernard's class so interesting for the children?
5. What was the hallway like?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Jacques sent out to get a hen?
2. What were the Arabs in the area like?
3. What does Jacques do on Thursdays?
4. Describe how Lucie reacts to the task and how it makes Jacques feel.
5. Describe what happens when Jacques needs a permission slip signed.
6. Describe how Jacques got to school each day.
7. How did Jacques and Pierre feel about school in general?
8. What handicap did Ernest have, and how did it affect his life?
9. How does Jacques feel about his summer work?
10. What did Jacques feel about Ernest?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe what Jacques discovered when he went back to the town of his birth. What was the political situation? What did he learn about his father? How did the visit change him?
Essay Topic 2
Describe what happened when Lucie became interested in a relationship. How did she change herself physically and mentally? How did her family react?
Essay Topic 3
Jacques spent many of his free days at the soldier's home. Describe his experiences there and how he reacted to them. How does this tie in to his own life situation and his family history?
This section contains 578 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)