|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the grandmother embarrass Jacques during the awards ceremony?
2. What had changed since Henri and Lucie lived there?
3. Who was the old man with the canary that Jacques went to visit?
4. What did Pierre and Jacques pass on the way to school?
5. What happened when Jacques told his mother and grandmother that he had a chance at getting a higher education?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Jacques like M. Bernard so much?
2. Describe how Jacques got to school each day.
3. How does Jacques feel about his classmates?
4. Why does Jacques go to Jacques, and what does he find?
5. What does Jacques feel as he goes down the hallway and outside?
6. What did Jacques feel about Ernest?
7. How did Ernest feel about his mother?
8. What does Jacques do on Thursdays?
9. What handicap did Ernest have, and how did it affect his life?
10. Describe how Lucie reacts to the task and how it makes Jacques feel.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the family trip to the theater. Explain what it was like for the mother, the grandmother, and for Jacques..
Essay Topic 2
When Jacques greeted Lucie after his trip to the grave, how did they greet each other? How did she act right after the initial greeting? What did Jacques hold himself back from doing, although he did it when he was younger?
Essay Topic 3
Describe how Lucie and Henri related to the locals, and how the locals treated them in return. Use examples from the story to show their acceptance or antagonism towards each other.
This section contains 531 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)