|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Jacques like in his library books?
2. What did Jacques and Pierre take to get to school?
3. How did Louis feel about getting a hen from the yard?
4. Who tried to protect the chickens from thieves?
5. Who else understands their instinctive bond to the area?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
When Jacques attends the lycee, he realizes how different his life is from the other students. Describe in detail at least three different ways that he is different and how he reacts to this difference. Be sure to include his reaction to his mother's work.
Essay Topic 2
Describe the differences between Malan's love for Jacques and Jacques' love for Malan? How do they deal with the difference?
Essay Topic 3
Why does Jacques go get a chicken, and how does he feel about it? What is his family's reaction to his task, and did it provide the outcome he was desiring? Why or why not?
This section contains 792 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)