|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What religious education did Jacques have to go through?
2. What did Jacques like in his library books?
3. How did Tamzal feel about war?
4. What set Jacques apart from his schoolmates?
5. Where did Veillard's ancestors come from?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Jacques go to Jacques, and what does he find?
2. What does Jacques do on Thursdays?
3. What does Jacques feel as he goes down the hallway and outside?
4. How did M. Bernard feel about the children of war victims?
5. What did Jacques feel about Ernest?
6. What handicap did Ernest have, and how did it affect his life?
7. How did Ernest feel about his mother?
8. How did Jacques and Pierre feel about school in general?
9. Why didn't Jacques' mother and grandmother want him to go to the lycee?
10. Describe how Jacques got to school each day.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe how Jacques felt about his father. How did his mother's relationship to his father influence him? How did he change as he learned more about his father?
Essay Topic 2
When Jacques greeted Lucie after his trip to the grave, how did they greet each other? How did she act right after the initial greeting? What did Jacques hold himself back from doing, although he did it when he was younger?
Essay Topic 3
How does Malan react to Jacques' interest in finding out more about Henri? What pieces of advice does he offer to Jacques regarding the search for more information?
This section contains 533 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)