|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Louis feel about getting a hen from the yard?
2. How did Tamzal feel about war?
3. What did Pierre and Jacques pass on the way to school?
4. What separated the two worlds in Jacques?
5. Who was around to tell Pierre and Jacques what to expect from the lycee?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Jacques and Pierre feel about school in general?
2. What handicap did Ernest have, and how did it affect his life?
3. Describe the grandmother's response to his task, and how Jacques feels about it.
4. Describe the attitude of the vets in the soldier's home.
5. How did Ernest feel about his mother?
6. Describe how Jacques got to school each day.
7. How does Jacques feel about his family coming to the awards ceremony?
8. Explain what the lycee is and why it was a privilege to go there.
9. What does Jacques realize about his father?
10. Why does Jacques go to Jacques, and what does he find?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the home Jacques grew up in when he lived in Algiers. Who lived with him? What was the neighborhood like? What were some of the challenges they faced living there? Was he happy? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
There was a shift in roles as Jacques stood by the grave and realized his father was younger than he when he died. Describe how he felt about his father at this point, and explain how it was that Henri was viewed more as a child and Jacques more as the father.
Essay Topic 3
Describe in detail Jacques' idea of a great summer day as he explains it in the book in the chapter "The Child's Games."
This section contains 592 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)