|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What disability did Ernest have?
2. What was Josephin's relationship to Ernest?
3. How did Jacques feel when he got into the school of higher education?
4. What did the uncle and grandmother say Jacques had?
5. What did Jacques feel about summer camp?
Short Essay Questions
1. What were the Arabs in the area like?
2. How does Jacques feel about his classmates?
3. Why did Jacques like M. Bernard so much?
4. Explain what the lycee is and why it was a privilege to go there.
5. What was Ernest's relationship like with his sister?
6. How did Ernest feel about his mother?
7. How does Jacques feel about his summer work?
8. How does Jacques feel about his family coming to the awards ceremony?
9. What does Jacques feel as he goes down the hallway and outside?
10. Describe the grandmother's response to his task, and how Jacques feels about it.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe in detail Jacques' idea of a great summer day as he explains it in the book in the chapter "The Child's Games."
Essay Topic 2
Describe what Jacques discovered when he went back to the town of his birth. What was the political situation? What did he learn about his father? How did the visit change him?
Essay Topic 3
How does Malan react to Jacques' interest in finding out more about Henri? What pieces of advice does he offer to Jacques regarding the search for more information?
This section contains 562 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)