|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Jacques define his religious preferences?
2. What made the mother and grandmother proud?
3. What did Jacques consider his country?
4. What had changed since Henri and Lucie lived there?
5. What did Jacques pass on his way to Mondavi?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain what the lycee is and why it was a privilege to go there.
2. Describe how Lucie reacts to the task and how it makes Jacques feel.
3. What did Jacques feel about Ernest?
4. What was Ernest's relationship like with his sister?
5. How did Ernest feel about his mother?
6. How does Jacques feel about his summer work?
7. What handicap did Ernest have, and how did it affect his life?
8. Describe the attitude of the vets in the soldier's home.
9. Why did the French come to Algeria, and what did they find?
10. How did M. Bernard feel about the children of war victims?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Jacques spent many of his free days at the soldier's home. Describe his experiences there and how he reacted to them. How does this tie in to his own life situation and his family history?
Essay Topic 2
Why does Jacques go get a chicken, and how does he feel about it? What is his family's reaction to his task, and did it provide the outcome he was desiring? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
When Lucie and Henri moved, they had to deal with many different changes. Explain what they had to face culturally, physically, mentally, and socially.
This section contains 571 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)