|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the journey like for the original settlers?
2. What disability did Ernest have?
3. What happened to Jacques at the cooperage?
4. What was the hallway like?
5. Who was the common enemy in the neighborhood?
Essay Topic 1
Describe the family trip to the theater. Explain what it was like for the mother, the grandmother, and for Jacques..
Essay Topic 2
Explain what happened when Jacques has a coin. What does he do with it? What does he tell his grandmother about it? How does she react, and what does he learn from the experience.
Essay Topic 3
Describe how Lucie and Henri related to the locals, and how the locals treated them in return. Use examples from the story to show their acceptance or antagonism towards each other.
This section contains 790 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)