|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Jacques feel when he got the hen?
2. What did Pierre and Jacques treat themselves with when they had extra money?
3. Why was M. Bernard's class so interesting for the children?
4. How did Tamzal feel about war?
5. What did Pierre and Jacques pass on the way to school?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why didn't Jacques' mother and grandmother want him to go to the lycee?
2. Why does Jacques go to Jacques, and what does he find?
3. Why did the French come to Algeria, and what did they find?
4. What handicap did Ernest have, and how did it affect his life?
5. Describe how Jacques got to school each day.
6. Describe the grandmother's response to his task, and how Jacques feels about it.
7. What does Jacques realize about his father?
8. How does Jacques feel about his classmates?
9. Explain what the lycee is and why it was a privilege to go there.
10. What does Jacques do on Thursdays?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the family trip to the theater. Explain what it was like for the mother, the grandmother, and for Jacques..
Essay Topic 2
When Jacques attends the lycee, he realizes how different his life is from the other students. Describe in detail at least three different ways that he is different and how he reacts to this difference. Be sure to include his reaction to his mother's work.
Essay Topic 3
Explain what happened when Jacques has a coin. What does he do with it? What does he tell his grandmother about it? How does she react, and what does he learn from the experience.
This section contains 604 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)