|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What gift did the teacher give the older Jacques?
2. What did Pierre and Jacques treat themselves with when they had extra money?
3. What made the mother and grandmother proud?
4. Why did the Cormerys show up early for the awards ceremony?
5. What was the political situation like?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jacques do on Thursdays?
2. Why didn't Jacques' mother and grandmother want him to go to the lycee?
3. What does Jacques realize about his father?
4. How did M. Bernard feel about the children of war victims?
5. Describe the grandmother's response to his task, and how Jacques feels about it.
6. How does Jacques feel about his classmates?
7. How did Ernest feel about his mother?
8. How did Jacques and Pierre feel about school in general?
9. Why does Jacques go to Jacques, and what does he find?
10. Why did the French come to Algeria, and what did they find?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe how Jacques felt about his father. How did his mother's relationship to his father influence him? How did he change as he learned more about his father?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the differences between Malan's love for Jacques and Jacques' love for Malan? How do they deal with the difference?
Essay Topic 3
Describe how Henri felt about fighting and warfare. What did Jacques learn about his father from the war stories told to him by his teacher?
This section contains 579 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)