|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Jacques feel about summer camp?
2. What did the grandmother think of Lucie's haircut?
3. What did Jacques like in his library books?
4. How did Jacques feel when he got the hen?
5. What pastime did Ernest thoroughly enjoy?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Jacques feel about his classmates?
2. What does Jacques feel as he goes down the hallway and outside?
3. What was Ernest's relationship like with his sister?
4. Why does Jacques go to Jacques, and what does he find?
5. Why did Jacques like M. Bernard so much?
6. Describe how Lucie reacts to the task and how it makes Jacques feel.
7. What does Jacques realize about his father?
8. How does Jacques feel about his family coming to the awards ceremony?
9. How did M. Bernard feel about the children of war victims?
10. Describe the grandmother's response to his task, and how Jacques feels about it.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why does Jacques go get a chicken, and how does he feel about it? What is his family's reaction to his task, and did it provide the outcome he was desiring? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
When Jacques greeted Lucie after his trip to the grave, how did they greet each other? How did she act right after the initial greeting? What did Jacques hold himself back from doing, although he did it when he was younger?
Essay Topic 3
When Jacques attends the lycee, he realizes how different his life is from the other students. Describe in detail at least three different ways that he is different and how he reacts to this difference. Be sure to include his reaction to his mother's work.
This section contains 607 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)