|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the grandmother kill the hen?
2. How did the grandmother embarrass Jacques during the awards ceremony?
3. What did Jacques like in his library books?
4. How did Tamzal feel about war?
5. How did Jacques feel when he got the hen?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Jacques go to Jacques, and what does he find?
2. Explain what the lycee is and why it was a privilege to go there.
3. Describe how Lucie reacts to the task and how it makes Jacques feel.
4. Why is Jacques sent out to get a hen?
5. How did Ernest feel about his mother?
6. What handicap did Ernest have, and how did it affect his life?
7. How does Jacques feel about his family coming to the awards ceremony?
8. How did M. Bernard feel about the children of war victims?
9. Why did the French come to Algeria, and what did they find?
10. Why didn't Jacques' mother and grandmother want him to go to the lycee?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain how M. Bernard completely changed Jacques' world. What was he like as a teacher? How did he treat the students? How was he an advocate for Jacques? Why did Jacques continue to visit him even when he was old?
Essay Topic 2
Describe what Jacques discovered when he went back to the town of his birth. What was the political situation? What did he learn about his father? How did the visit change him?
Essay Topic 3
When Jacques attends the lycee, he realizes how different his life is from the other students. Describe in detail at least three different ways that he is different and how he reacts to this difference. Be sure to include his reaction to his mother's work.
This section contains 652 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)