|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Louis feel about getting a hen from the yard?
2. What did Jacques feel about summer camp?
3. How did the grandmother kill the hen?
4. What was Josephin's relationship to Ernest?
5. Who was around to tell Pierre and Jacques what to expect from the lycee?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Jacques feel about his family coming to the awards ceremony?
2. What were the Arabs in the area like?
3. Describe what happens when Jacques needs a permission slip signed.
4. How does Jacques feel about his summer work?
5. What handicap did Ernest have, and how did it affect his life?
6. What does Jacques do on Thursdays?
7. Why did the French come to Algeria, and what did they find?
8. Describe the attitude of the vets in the soldier's home.
9. How does Jacques feel about his classmates?
10. What did Jacques feel about Ernest?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe what happened when Lucie became interested in a relationship. How did she change herself physically and mentally? How did her family react?
Essay Topic 2
Describe how Henri felt about fighting and warfare. What did Jacques learn about his father from the war stories told to him by his teacher?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the differences between Malan's love for Jacques and Jacques' love for Malan? How do they deal with the difference?
This section contains 559 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)