|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Malan think about Henri's early death?
2. Why did the women laugh when the doctor arrived?
3. Why did Malan ask for forgiveness?
4. How did the man react to all the waiting he had to do in his travels?
5. Why did he like his small town?
Short Essay Questions
1. What kind of games did Jacques and his friends play?
2. Why was soccer an issue in the household?
3. How does Malan respond to Jacques' acknowledgment of how he felt about him?
4. How did Jacques perceive the relationship between his mother and father?
5. Why did Henri and Lucie leave Algiers?
6. Describe how Jacques felt about France, and how he felt about Algiers.
7. How did Malan feel about his wife?
8. Explain where Jacques' father was buried and why.
9. What was the journey like on the way to the new house?
10. How did Henri show his love for Lucie?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe how Jacques felt about his father. How did his mother's relationship to his father influence him? How did he change as he learned more about his father?
Essay Topic 2
Ernest made a big impact on Jacques' life. Explain his role in young Jacques' developmental years. Cite some examples of Ernest's caring.
Essay Topic 3
Describe the home Jacques grew up in when he lived in Algiers. Who lived with him? What was the neighborhood like? What were some of the challenges they faced living there? Was he happy? Why or why not?
This section contains 612 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)