|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the man travel?
2. What handicap did Lucie have?
3. What did Jacques realize about his grandmother?
4. How did Jacques feel about being on a boat?
5. Why did the women laugh when the doctor arrived?
Short Essay Questions
1. Lucie lived in the same place where Jacques grew up. What was still the same about it, and what was different?
2. What did Jacques remember about going to the theater with the family?
3. How did the caretaker help Jacques?
4. How does Malan respond to Jacques' acknowledgment of how he felt about him?
5. What did the way Jacques demonstrate about his personality?
6. What parenting experience did Henri and Lucie have?
7. What memory of his father did Jacques receive from his grandmother?
8. How did Jacques perceive the relationship between his mother and father?
9. What did Jacques realize about his father's age, and how did he react to this knowledge?
10. How did Henri show his love for Lucie?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the family trip to the theater. Explain what it was like for the mother, the grandmother, and for Jacques..
Essay Topic 2
When Lucie and Henri moved, they had to deal with many different changes. Explain what they had to face culturally, physically, mentally, and socially.
Essay Topic 3
Why does Jacques go get a chicken, and how does he feel about it? What is his family's reaction to his task, and did it provide the outcome he was desiring? Why or why not?
This section contains 628 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)