Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What year did the husband and wife move from Algiers?
2. What did the children do in their meeting place?
3. What instrument did Jacques do best with?
4. How did Lucie and her husband travel on the last stage of their trip to their new home?
5. Why did the women laugh when the doctor arrived?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Jacques go to Jacques, and what does he find?
2. Describe the grandmother's response to his task, and how Jacques feels about it.
3. Explain what the lycee is and why it was a privilege to go there.
4. How did the caretaker help Jacques?
5. How did Henri show his love for Lucie?
6. What did Jacques lie to his grandmother about, and what did he learn from the experience?
7. How does Malan respond to Jacques' acknowledgment of how he felt about him?
8. What did Jacques remember about going to the theater with the family?
9. Describe what happens when Jacques needs a permission slip signed.
10. How does Jacques see his life as a child, and how does he respond to his situation?
Essay Topic 1
Describe what Jacques discovered when he went back to the town of his birth. What was the political situation? What did he learn about his father? How did the visit change him?
Essay Topic 2
Explain what happened when Jacques has a coin. What does he do with it? What does he tell his grandmother about it? How does she react, and what does he learn from the experience.
Essay Topic 3
Jacques spent many of his free days at the soldier's home. Describe his experiences there and how he reacted to them. How does this tie in to his own life situation and his family history?
This section contains 661 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)