|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Jacques say he's different around Malan?
2. What token did Lucie receive from the war?
3. Why did Malan ask for forgiveness?
4. How did Jacques feel when the evening came?
5. Where would all the children gather?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Jacques remember about going to the theater with the family?
2. What were Jacques' friends like?
3. What kind of town did Victor Malan live in?
4. Who did Jacques live with in Algiers? What was their neighborhood like?
5. How did Jacques feel about naps?
6. How did Lucie feel about the war her husband died in?
7. What were their first impressions of their new home and homeland?
8. What parenting experience did Henri and Lucie have?
9. What was the journey like on the way to the new house?
10. How did Lucie react to the situation she was in?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the differences between Malan's love for Jacques and Jacques' love for Malan? How do they deal with the difference?
Essay Topic 2
Describe how Jacques felt about his father. How did his mother's relationship to his father influence him? How did he change as he learned more about his father?
Essay Topic 3
Ernest made a big impact on Jacques' life. Explain his role in young Jacques' developmental years. Cite some examples of Ernest's caring.
This section contains 572 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)