|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How would Jacques learn more about his father?
2. How were Jacques and his father similar?
3. How did Max gain his popularity?
4. Where did Henri grow up?
5. What year did Lucie say she was born?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Jacques feel indebted to Malan?
2. How did Jacques perceive the relationship between his mother and father?
3. How does Jacques feel about Malan?
4. What did Jacques realize about his father's age, and how did he react to this knowledge?
5. How did Henri show his love for Lucie?
6. Why did Henri and Lucie leave Algiers?
7. How did Jacques feel about naps?
8. Why was soccer an issue in the household?
9. What were their first impressions of their new home and homeland?
10. Explain where Jacques' father was buried and why.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe how Henri felt about fighting and warfare. What did Jacques learn about his father from the war stories told to him by his teacher?
Essay Topic 2
Jacques compares life to a relationship with a woman. Explain the comparison and add a paragraph about whether or not you agree with his comparison. Explain the reasoning behind your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Describe how Jacques felt about his father. How did his mother's relationship to his father influence him? How did he change as he learned more about his father?
This section contains 534 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)