|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Henri's family from?
2. What did they name the child?
3. How did Jacques feel about siestas?
4. Who was standing in the corridor of the Saint-Brieuc train 40 years after Henri and Lucie had their child?
5. What is one of Malan's faults according to Jacques?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe how Jacques felt about France, and how he felt about Algiers.
2. How did Lucie react to the situation she was in?
3. What did Jacques realize about his father's age, and how did he react to this knowledge?
4. What did Malan think about Jacques' idea to learn more about his father?
5. What did Jacques remember about going to the theater with the family?
6. What parenting experience did Henri and Lucie have?
7. Explain where Jacques' father was buried and why.
8. Who did Jacques live with in Algiers? What was their neighborhood like?
9. What were Jacques' friends like?
10. How does Malan respond to Jacques' acknowledgment of how he felt about him?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
When Jacques attends the lycee, he realizes how different his life is from the other students. Describe in detail at least three different ways that he is different and how he reacts to this difference. Be sure to include his reaction to his mother's work.
Essay Topic 2
Describe what happened when Lucie became interested in a relationship. How did she change herself physically and mentally? How did her family react?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the family trip to the theater. Explain what it was like for the mother, the grandmother, and for Jacques..
This section contains 566 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)