Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What year did the husband and wife move from Algiers?
2. What did the children do in their meeting place?
3. What instrument did Jacques do best with?
4. How did Lucie and her husband travel on the last stage of their trip to their new home?
5. Why did the women laugh when the doctor arrived?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Jacques go to Jacques, and what does he find?
2. Describe the grandmother's response to his task, and how Jacques feels about it.
3. Explain what the lycee is and why it was a privilege to go there.
4. How did the caretaker help Jacques?
5. How did Henri show his love for Lucie?
6. What did Jacques lie to his grandmother about, and what did he learn from the experience?
7. How does Malan respond to Jacques' acknowledgment of how he felt about him?
8. What did Jacques remember about going to the theater with the family?
9. Describe what happens when Jacques needs a permission slip signed.
10. How does Jacques see his life as a child, and how does he respond to his situation?
Essay Topic 1
When Jacques attends the lycee, he realizes how different his life is from the other students. Describe in detail at least three different ways that he is different and how he reacts to this difference. Be sure to include his reaction to his mother's work.
Essay Topic 2
Why does Jacques go get a chicken, and how does he feel about it? What is his family's reaction to his task, and did it provide the outcome he was desiring? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Describe how Lucie and Henri related to the locals, and how the locals treated them in return. Use examples from the story to show their acceptance or antagonism towards each other.
This section contains 671 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)