|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How would Jacques learn more about his father?
2. What was Jacques like with his mother?
3. What year did Lucie say she was born?
4. What did Lucie do in the evenings when Etienne wasn't there?
5. How were Jacques and his father similar?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Henri show his love for Lucie?
2. Why was soccer an issue in the household?
3. Why did Henri and Lucie leave Algiers?
4. What did Jacques remember about going to the theater with the family?
5. Why does Jacques get in trouble when he goes home, and what was his punishment? How does his mother react to the punishment?
6. How did Malan feel about his wife?
7. How did Lucie react to the situation she was in?
8. How does Malan respond to Jacques' acknowledgment of how he felt about him?
9. What memory of his father did Jacques receive from his grandmother?
10. Describe how Jacques felt about France, and how he felt about Algiers.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the differences between Malan's love for Jacques and Jacques' love for Malan? How do they deal with the difference?
Essay Topic 2
How does Malan react to Jacques' interest in finding out more about Henri? What pieces of advice does he offer to Jacques regarding the search for more information?
Essay Topic 3
When Jacques attends the lycee, he realizes how different his life is from the other students. Describe in detail at least three different ways that he is different and how he reacts to this difference. Be sure to include his reaction to his mother's work.
This section contains 624 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)