|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How were Jacques and his father similar?
2. What aura did the man emanate?
3. Why was it difficult for Catherine to understand the films?
4. What did Jacques like about Malan?
5. Who was standing in the corridor of the Saint-Brieuc train 40 years after Henri and Lucie had their child?
Short Essay Questions
1. What parenting experience did Henri and Lucie have?
2. How did Jacques feel about naps?
3. What was the journey like on the way to the new house?
4. How did Jacques perceive the relationship between his mother and father?
5. Lucie lived in the same place where Jacques grew up. What was still the same about it, and what was different?
6. What did Jacques remember about going to the theater with the family?
7. What did Malan think about Jacques' idea to learn more about his father?
8. What kind of games did Jacques and his friends play?
9. How did Jacques and his mother greet each other? How did Lucie prepare for him?
10. Why does Jacques get in trouble when he goes home, and what was his punishment? How does his mother react to the punishment?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
When Jacques greeted Lucie after his trip to the grave, how did they greet each other? How did she act right after the initial greeting? What did Jacques hold himself back from doing, although he did it when he was younger?
Essay Topic 2
Describe how Lucie and Henri related to the locals, and how the locals treated them in return. Use examples from the story to show their acceptance or antagonism towards each other.
Essay Topic 3
Describe what happened when Lucie became interested in a relationship. How did she change herself physically and mentally? How did her family react?
This section contains 604 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)