|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Jacques realize about his grandmother?
2. Why did Jacques go to visit his father?
3. What does Malan think about Henri's early death?
4. What year did the husband and wife move from Algiers?
5. How did the man react to all the waiting he had to do in his travels?
Short Essay Questions
1. What handicap did Ernest have, and how did it affect his life?
2. What does Jacques do on Thursdays?
3. How did Henri show his love for Lucie?
4. What memory of his father did Jacques receive from his grandmother?
5. How did Jacques and Pierre feel about school in general?
6. How did Ernest feel about his mother?
7. Why did Henri and Lucie leave Algiers?
8. Who did Jacques live with in Algiers? What was their neighborhood like?
9. Why didn't Jacques' mother and grandmother want him to go to the lycee?
10. Why does Jacques go to Jacques, and what does he find?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Ernest made a big impact on Jacques' life. Explain his role in young Jacques' developmental years. Cite some examples of Ernest's caring.
Essay Topic 2
Jacques spent many of his free days at the soldier's home. Describe his experiences there and how he reacted to them. How does this tie in to his own life situation and his family history?
Essay Topic 3
Describe in detail Jacques' idea of a great summer day as he explains it in the book in the chapter "The Child's Games."
This section contains 1,196 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)