|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What part of the cemetery did the traveler specifically go to?
2. Where would all the children gather?
3. Where did the husband go to find a doctor?
4. What game was Pierre good at?
5. What does Malan laugh with Jacques about?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did the caretaker help Jacques?
2. How did Lucie react to the situation she was in?
3. What was making Lucie anxious when he visited her?
4. Why did Henri and Lucie leave Algiers?
5. How did Jacques feel about naps?
6. What were Jacques' friends like?
7. What parenting experience did Henri and Lucie have?
8. What did Malan think about Jacques' idea to learn more about his father?
9. How did Jacques perceive the relationship between his mother and father?
10. How does Malan respond to Jacques' acknowledgment of how he felt about him?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain how M. Bernard completely changed Jacques' world. What was he like as a teacher? How did he treat the students? How was he an advocate for Jacques? Why did Jacques continue to visit him even when he was old?
Essay Topic 2
Ernest made a big impact on Jacques' life. Explain his role in young Jacques' developmental years. Cite some examples of Ernest's caring.
Essay Topic 3
Jacques spent many of his free days at the soldier's home. Describe his experiences there and how he reacted to them. How does this tie in to his own life situation and his family history?
This section contains 580 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)