|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Jacques feel about his father?
2. How long had Malan and Jacques been friends?
3. How did Jacques' mother seem as she gazed out the window?
4. How did Jacques feel about being on a boat?
5. Why did he like his small town?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was soccer an issue in the household?
2. How does Malan respond to Jacques' acknowledgment of how he felt about him?
3. What was making Lucie anxious when he visited her?
4. What did the way Jacques demonstrate about his personality?
5. What memory of his father did Jacques receive from his grandmother?
6. What was the journey like on the way to the new house?
7. How did Jacques feel about naps?
8. What did Jacques realize about his father's age, and how did he react to this knowledge?
9. Why does Jacques get in trouble when he goes home, and what was his punishment? How does his mother react to the punishment?
10. What were Jacques' friends like?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
When Jacques attends the lycee, he realizes how different his life is from the other students. Describe in detail at least three different ways that he is different and how he reacts to this difference. Be sure to include his reaction to his mother's work.
Essay Topic 2
How does Malan react to Jacques' interest in finding out more about Henri? What pieces of advice does he offer to Jacques regarding the search for more information?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the differences between Malan's love for Jacques and Jacques' love for Malan? How do they deal with the difference?
This section contains 571 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)