|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Jacques feel when the evening came?
2. What did Jacques like about Malan?
3. What was Victor Malan's job?
4. What couldn't Jacques control?
5. How did Jacques feel about his father?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Jacques and his mother greet each other? How did Lucie prepare for him?
2. How did Malan feel about his wife?
3. What were Jacques' friends like?
4. What was making Lucie anxious when he visited her?
5. Lucie lived in the same place where Jacques grew up. What was still the same about it, and what was different?
6. Why did Henri and Lucie leave Algiers?
7. How did Lucie react to the situation she was in?
8. What memory of his father did Jacques receive from his grandmother?
9. Explain where Jacques' father was buried and why.
10. How did Lucie feel about the war her husband died in?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the family trip to the theater. Explain what it was like for the mother, the grandmother, and for Jacques..
Essay Topic 2
Describe how Lucie and Henri related to the locals, and how the locals treated them in return. Use examples from the story to show their acceptance or antagonism towards each other.
Essay Topic 3
How does Malan react to Jacques' interest in finding out more about Henri? What pieces of advice does he offer to Jacques regarding the search for more information?
This section contains 587 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)