Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What year did the husband and wife move from Algiers?
2. What did the children do in their meeting place?
3. What instrument did Jacques do best with?
4. How did Lucie and her husband travel on the last stage of their trip to their new home?
5. Why did the women laugh when the doctor arrived?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Jacques go to Jacques, and what does he find?
2. Describe the grandmother's response to his task, and how Jacques feels about it.
3. Explain what the lycee is and why it was a privilege to go there.
4. How did the caretaker help Jacques?
5. How did Henri show his love for Lucie?
6. What did Jacques lie to his grandmother about, and what did he learn from the experience?
7. How does Malan respond to Jacques' acknowledgment of how he felt about him?
8. What did Jacques remember about going to the theater with the family?
9. Describe what happens when Jacques needs a permission slip signed.
10. How does Jacques see his life as a child, and how does he respond to his situation?
Essay Topic 1
When Jacques greeted Lucie after his trip to the grave, how did they greet each other? How did she act right after the initial greeting? What did Jacques hold himself back from doing, although he did it when he was younger?
Essay Topic 2
There was a shift in roles as Jacques stood by the grave and realized his father was younger than he when he died. Describe how he felt about his father at this point, and explain how it was that Henri was viewed more as a child and Jacques more as the father.
Essay Topic 3
Describe what happened when Lucie became interested in a relationship. How did she change herself physically and mentally? How did her family react?
This section contains 676 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)