|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Jacques feel about going back to Algiers?
2. What was Jacques like with his mother?
3. What did the boys fill their pockets with?
4. How did Jacques' mother seem as she gazed out the window?
5. How did Max gain his popularity?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Lucie react to the situation she was in?
2. How did Jacques feel about naps?
3. What did Jacques realize about his father's age, and how did he react to this knowledge?
4. What did Jacques remember about going to the theater with the family?
5. Why does Jacques get in trouble when he goes home, and what was his punishment? How does his mother react to the punishment?
6. What memory of his father did Jacques receive from his grandmother?
7. Describe how Jacques felt about France, and how he felt about Algiers.
8. What did the way Jacques demonstrate about his personality?
9. Explain where Jacques' father was buried and why.
10. What did Malan think about Jacques' idea to learn more about his father?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Jacques spent many of his free days at the soldier's home. Describe his experiences there and how he reacted to them. How does this tie in to his own life situation and his family history?
Essay Topic 2
Describe how Jacques felt about his father. How did his mother's relationship to his father influence him? How did he change as he learned more about his father?
Essay Topic 3
When Lucie and Henri moved, they had to deal with many different changes. Explain what they had to face culturally, physically, mentally, and socially.
This section contains 590 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)