|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose grave was the traveler looking for?
2. Where did the husband go to find a doctor?
3. Where did Henri grow up?
4. How did they split the fries?
5. How did Jacques feel about his father?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did the caretaker help Jacques?
2. Why was soccer an issue in the household?
3. What kind of games did Jacques and his friends play?
4. How does Jacques feel about Malan?
5. Describe how Jacques felt about France, and how he felt about Algiers.
6. What was the journey like on the way to the new house?
7. What did Malan think about Jacques' idea to learn more about his father?
8. What memory of his father did Jacques receive from his grandmother?
9. Lucie lived in the same place where Jacques grew up. What was still the same about it, and what was different?
10. What did Jacques lie to his grandmother about, and what did he learn from the experience?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the family trip to the theater. Explain what it was like for the mother, the grandmother, and for Jacques..
Essay Topic 2
Describe in detail Jacques' idea of a great summer day as he explains it in the book in the chapter "The Child's Games."
Essay Topic 3
Describe what happened when Lucie became interested in a relationship. How did she change herself physically and mentally? How did her family react?
This section contains 605 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)