|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did the husband go to find a doctor?
2. What did the children do in their meeting place?
3. What was Jacques like with his mother?
4. What did Malan think about marriage?
5. Who was the traveler?
Short Essay Questions
1. What kind of town did Victor Malan live in?
2. How did Malan feel about his wife?
3. How did Jacques perceive the relationship between his mother and father?
4. What did Malan think about Jacques' idea to learn more about his father?
5. Why did Henri and Lucie leave Algiers?
6. How did Jacques feel about naps?
7. What did Jacques remember about going to the theater with the family?
8. How did Jacques and his mother greet each other? How did Lucie prepare for him?
9. Explain where Jacques' father was buried and why.
10. What was the journey like on the way to the new house?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain how M. Bernard completely changed Jacques' world. What was he like as a teacher? How did he treat the students? How was he an advocate for Jacques? Why did Jacques continue to visit him even when he was old?
Essay Topic 2
When Jacques greeted Lucie after his trip to the grave, how did they greet each other? How did she act right after the initial greeting? What did Jacques hold himself back from doing, although he did it when he was younger?
Essay Topic 3
Ernest made a big impact on Jacques' life. Explain his role in young Jacques' developmental years. Cite some examples of Ernest's caring.
This section contains 587 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)