|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was around to tell Pierre and Jacques what to expect from the lycee?
(a) The grandmother.
(b) M. Bernard.
(c) No one.
(d) Jacques' mother.
2. What did Jacques have to give up to be friends with Georges?
(a) Eating meat.
(b) His love of reading.
(c) His sandwich at lunchtime.
(d) Saying dirty words.
3. What did the farmer do?
(a) He offered his wine to the guerillas.
(b) He went out to care for his vines.
(c) He dug up his vine and empties his vats.
(d) He rescued his animals.
4. How did feel about getting a hen from the yard?
(a) He dreaded it.
(b) He refused to do it.
(c) He thought it was fun to chase the hens.
(d) He was afraid of the hens.
5. What did the Cormerys do on vacation?
(a) They worked on their house.
(b) They didn't get vacations.
(c) They took trips to the beach.
(d) They went to the mountains.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the common enemy in the neighborhood?
2. What type of book mostly appealed to Jacques?
3. Why was M. Bernard's class so interesting for the children?
4. What did Jacques ask Veillard about?
5. How did Louis feel about getting a hen from the yard?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Jacques like M. Bernard so much?
2. What does Jacques do on Thursdays?
3. How did Ernest feel about his mother?
4. Describe what happens when Jacques needs a permission slip signed.
5. How did M. Bernard feel about the children of war victims?
6. How does Jacques feel about his family coming to the awards ceremony?
7. What does Jacques realize about his father?
8. Describe how Lucie reacts to the task and how it makes Jacques feel.
9. What did Jacques feel about Ernest?
10. What handicap did Ernest have, and how did it affect his life?
This section contains 606 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)