|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the relationship like between Ernest and Jacques?
(a) They were close.
(b) Ernest thought Jacques was a burden.
(c) Ernest tolerated the boy.
(d) They were polite to each other, but didn't get close.
2. What were people drawn to in Ernest, including Jacques' grandmother?
(a) His beauty.
(b) His infectious humor that never left.
(c) His patience.
(d) His ability to debate.
3. How did the grandmother embarrass Jacques during the awards ceremony?
(a) She kept crying.
(b) She was obviously illiterate.
(c) She talked to the people next to her.
(d) She was dressed wrong.
4. Where did Josephin work?
(a) He worked at the bank.
(b) He worked for the railroad.
(c) He worked in the market.
(d) He worked at the beach.
5. What happened when Jacques told his mother and grandmother that he had a chance at getting a higher education?
(a) They hugged him.
(b) They said he had to work.
(c) They took him out to dinner.
(d) They laughed at him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of relationship did students have with teachers at the lycee?
2. What did Jacques like in his library books?
3. What did Jacques pass on his way to Mondavi?
4. What made the mother and grandmother proud?
5. What did Jacques ask Veillard about?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain what the lycee is and why it was a privilege to go there.
2. What were the Arabs in the area like?
3. How did Ernest feel about his mother?
4. What does Jacques feel as he goes down the hallway and outside?
5. Why did Jacques like M. Bernard so much?
6. How did M. Bernard feel about the children of war victims?
7. Why does Jacques go to Jacques, and what does he find?
8. How does Jacques feel about his summer work?
9. Why didn't Jacques' mother and grandmother want him to go to the lycee?
10. Describe what happens when Jacques needs a permission slip signed.
This section contains 658 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)