|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Jacques have to write down to describe his mother's work?
(a) Stay-at-home mom.
(c) Postal employee.
2. What did the hens start to do when Jacques came near?
(b) Run away.
(c) Come toward him for food.
(d) Nothing. They were used to him.
3. How did Louis feel about getting a hen from the yard?
(a) He thought it was fun to chase the hens.
(b) He dreaded it.
(c) He refused to do it.
(d) He was afraid of the hens.
4. What made the mother and grandmother proud?
(a) They met some very important people and got along with them.
(b) Jacques won an award.
(c) They had the nicest clothes.
(d) They had a strong background.
5. How did the grandmother kill the hen?
(a) She hit it on the head with a pan.
(b) With a sharp knife.
(c) She thew it in a pot of boiling water.
(d) She strangled it.
Short Answer Questions
1. How was the outside in comparison to the hallway?
2. What was Jacques' punishment for the fight he was in?
3. What did the uncle and grandmother say Jacques had?
4. What were people drawn to in Ernest, including Jacques' grandmother?
5. What was the political situation like?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Jacques feel about his summer work?
2. Why didn't Jacques' mother and grandmother want him to go to the lycee?
3. Why did the French come to Algeria, and what did they find?
4. Why does Jacques go to Jacques, and what does he find?
5. What does Jacques do on Thursdays?
6. Describe how Lucie reacts to the task and how it makes Jacques feel.
7. How does Jacques feel about his classmates?
8. Why is Jacques sent out to get a hen?
9. How did Jacques and Pierre feel about school in general?
10. Describe the grandmother's response to his task, and how Jacques feels about it.
This section contains 599 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)