|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Jacques and Pierre have to leave their neighborhood on a daily basis?
(a) They had to go to work.
(b) Their parents told them to stay out of the house during the week.
(c) The dog catcher chased them out.
(d) They had to travel to attend school.
2. How was the outside in comparison to the hallway?
3. What did Jacques consider his country?
4. What did the uncle and grandmother say Jacques had?
5. Where did Josephin work?
(a) He worked at the beach.
(b) He worked in the market.
(c) He worked at the bank.
(d) He worked for the railroad.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the old man with the canary that Jacques went to visit?
2. What did the Cormerys do on vacation?
3. Why was M. Bernard's class so interesting for the children?
4. How did feel about getting a hen from the yard?
5. Who was the common enemy in the neighborhood?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did M. Bernard feel about the children of war victims?
2. How did Jacques and Pierre feel about school in general?
3. What does Jacques do on Thursdays?
4. Why did the French come to Algeria, and what did they find?
5. Describe how Jacques got to school each day.
6. Why is Jacques sent out to get a hen?
7. How does Jacques feel about his family coming to the awards ceremony?
8. How did Ernest feel about his mother?
9. What was Ernest's relationship like with his sister?
10. Describe what happens when Jacques needs a permission slip signed.
This section contains 606 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)