|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Pierre and Jacques spend some of their free time?
(a) Studying in the cellar.
(b) At the soldier's home.
(c) They rode the trolley around town.
(d) At the lycee, talking with tutors.
2. What disability did Ernest have?
(a) He was completely deaf.
(b) He had heart problems.
(c) He was blind.
(d) He was missing an arm.
3. Who was the common enemy in the neighborhood?
(a) The school teacher.
(b) The dogcatcher.
(c) The gang from the next neighborhood.
(d) The police.
4. What did Jacques have to give up to be friends with Georges?
(a) His sandwich at lunchtime.
(b) Eating meat.
(c) Saying dirty words.
(d) His love of reading.
5. What did Jacques dread each day when he went home from the lycee?
(a) The silence in the house.
(c) His grandmother's beatings.
(d) Death and the unknown.
Short Answer Questions
1. What had changed since Henri and Lucie lived there?
2. What did the grandmother think of Lucie's haircut?
3. What happened to Jacques at the cooperage?
4. What did Jacques pass on his way to Mondavi?
5. What was the relationship like between Ernest and Jacques?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Jacques feel about his family coming to the awards ceremony?
2. Why does Jacques go to Jacques, and what does he find?
3. Describe how Jacques got to school each day.
4. How does Jacques feel about his classmates?
5. Why is Jacques sent out to get a hen?
6. Why did Jacques like M. Bernard so much?
7. Explain what the lycee is and why it was a privilege to go there.
8. What does Jacques feel as he goes down the hallway and outside?
9. What were the Arabs in the area like?
10. What handicap did Ernest have, and how did it affect his life?
This section contains 608 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)