|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Jacques help Michel with?
(b) The horses.
(c) Moving furniture.
(d) The shopping.
2. What did Jacques see in his half-dream state?
(a) His father.
(b) His grandmother.
(c) The guerillas.
(d) His teacher.
3. How did Jacques feel when he got into the school of higher education?
(a) He felt like he deserved it.
(b) Happy, but bereft as his teacher left.
(c) He regretted his decision to try for it.
(d) It made him somewhat sad.
4. What did Jacques learn about his father from Veillard?
(a) He learned that his father had a great sense of humor.
(b) He learned that his father was a strictly religious man.
(c) He learned that his father was a hard worker.
(d) Nothing. The man knew nothing about the Henri.
5. How was the outside in comparison to the hallway?
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Jacques have time to do what he wanted?
2. Who was the common enemy in the neighborhood?
3. What happened to Jacques at the cooperage?
4. What would Jacques tell his family about the lycee during dinner?
5. Why was Jacques one of the teacher's pets?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jacques feel as he goes down the hallway and outside?
2. Describe the grandmother's response to his task, and how Jacques feels about it.
3. What does Jacques do on Thursdays?
4. Why did Jacques like M. Bernard so much?
5. How does Jacques feel about his summer work?
6. How does Jacques feel about his classmates?
7. Why didn't Jacques' mother and grandmother want him to go to the lycee?
8. What does Jacques realize about his father?
9. How did Jacques and Pierre feel about school in general?
10. Describe what happens when Jacques needs a permission slip signed.
This section contains 590 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)