|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the relationship like between Ernest and Jacques?
(a) They were close.
(b) Ernest tolerated the boy.
(c) Ernest thought Jacques was a burden.
(d) They were polite to each other, but didn't get close.
2. What happened after the fight between Ernest and Josephin?
(a) Ernest had to go to the hospital.
(b) Josephin had to go to the hospital.
(c) They both began to cry and made up.
(d) Josephin stopped eating at the house.
3. What did Pierre and Jacques treat themselves with when they had extra money?
(a) A plain fritter.
(b) A new book.
(c) A newspaper.
(d) Nothing. They saved all the money they could get.
4. What religious education did Jacques have to go through?
(a) Classes for Arabic.
(b) Sunday school.
(c) Classes for his baptism.
(d) Classes for his first communion.
5. What happened to Jacques at the cooperage?
(a) He fell into the fire.
(b) His finger was crushed.
(c) He was robbed.
(d) He was offered a full-time job.
Short Answer Questions
1. What would Jacques tell his family about the lycee during dinner?
2. Who was around to tell Pierre and Jacques what to expect from the lycee?
3. What did the uncle and grandmother say Jacques had?
4. How did Jacques feel about the light?
5. What did Jacques about male friendship when he was out with his uncle?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)