|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did the grandmother embarrass Jacques during the awards ceremony?
(a) She was obviously illiterate.
(b) She kept crying.
(c) She talked to the people next to her.
(d) She was dressed wrong.
2. How did feel about getting a hen from the yard?
(a) He was afraid of the hens.
(b) He refused to do it.
(c) He dreaded it.
(d) He thought it was fun to chase the hens.
3. What did the uncle and grandmother say Jacques had?
4. What happened to Jacques at the cooperage?
(a) He was robbed.
(b) His finger was crushed.
(c) He fell into the fire.
(d) He was offered a full-time job.
5. What made the mother and grandmother proud?
(a) They met some very important people and got along with them.
(b) They had a strong background.
(c) Jacques won an award.
(d) They had the nicest clothes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Veillard's ancestors come from?
2. What element of nature did Jacques truly appreciate?
3. How did Jacques feel when he got the hen?
4. How did Jacques feel about the light?
5. Who was around to tell Pierre and Jacques what to expect from the lycee?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Jacques and Pierre feel about school in general?
2. Describe the grandmother's response to his task, and how Jacques feels about it.
3. Why did the French come to Algeria, and what did they find?
4. Describe how Jacques got to school each day.
5. Why does Jacques go to Jacques, and what does he find?
6. What does Jacques realize about his father?
7. How does Jacques feel about his summer work?
8. Describe what happens when Jacques needs a permission slip signed.
9. How does Jacques feel about his family coming to the awards ceremony?
10. What was Ernest's relationship like with his sister?
This section contains 595 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)