|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What religious education did Jacques have to go through?
(a) Classes for Arabic.
(b) Classes for his baptism.
(c) Classes for his first communion.
(d) Sunday school.
2. What did Jacques and Pierre take to get to school?
(a) A taxi.
(c) A trolley.
(d) A train.
3. What type of book mostly appealed to Jacques?
(a) Cloak and dagger novels.
(c) Science fiction.
4. Why was M. Bernard's class so interesting for the children?
(a) They got to decide what they wanted to learn.
(b) They got to do great experiments.
(c) He truly had a passion for his work.
(d) They never knew what he was going to do next.
5. What was Jacques' punishment for the fight he was in?
(a) He was sent home.
(b) He had to stay in the corner and miss recess.
(c) He was suspended from school.
(d) He was whipped.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Jacques feel about the light?
2. What did Jacques see in his half-dream state?
3. What made the mother and grandmother proud?
4. Who was the old man with the canary that Jacques went to visit?
5. What did Pierre and Jacques treat themselves with when they had extra money?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Ernest's relationship like with his sister?
2. Why did the French come to Algeria, and what did they find?
3. How did Ernest feel about his mother?
4. Explain what the lycee is and why it was a privilege to go there.
5. Why does Jacques go to Jacques, and what does he find?
6. Describe what happens when Jacques needs a permission slip signed.
7. What does Jacques realize about his father?
8. What does Jacques do on Thursdays?
9. Describe how Lucie reacts to the task and how it makes Jacques feel.
10. Describe how Jacques got to school each day.
This section contains 627 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)