|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who else understands their instinctive bond to the area?
(a) The French.
(b) The missionaries.
(c) Nobody else.
(d) The Arabs.
2. How did the grandmother kill the hen?
(a) She strangled it.
(b) With a sharp knife.
(c) She hit it on the head with a pan.
(d) She thew it in a pot of boiling water.
3. What did people think about Ernest?
(a) He was mean.
(b) He was stupid.
(c) He was a recluse.
(d) He was good-natured and generous.
4. Who was around to tell Pierre and Jacques what to expect from the lycee?
(a) No one.
(b) M. Bernard.
(c) The grandmother.
(d) Jacques' mother.
5. What did Jacques help Michel with?
(a) The horses.
(b) Moving furniture.
(d) The shopping.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the grandmother embarrass Jacques during the awards ceremony?
2. What was the relationship like between Ernest and Jacques?
3. What separated the two worlds in Jacques?
4. What gift did the teacher give the older Jacques?
5. What was Josephin's relationship to Ernest?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe how Jacques got to school each day.
2. How did Jacques and Pierre feel about school in general?
3. What does Jacques feel as he goes down the hallway and outside?
4. Describe what happens when Jacques needs a permission slip signed.
5. How did Ernest feel about his mother?
6. Why does Jacques go to Jacques, and what does he find?
7. Describe the grandmother's response to his task, and how Jacques feels about it.
8. What did Jacques feel about Ernest?
9. Describe how Lucie reacts to the task and how it makes Jacques feel.
10. What does Jacques realize about his father?
This section contains 550 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)