|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did feel about getting a hen from the yard?
(a) He was afraid of the hens.
(b) He dreaded it.
(c) He refused to do it.
(d) He thought it was fun to chase the hens.
2. What religious education did Jacques have to go through?
(a) Classes for his baptism.
(b) Classes for Arabic.
(c) Sunday school.
(d) Classes for his first communion.
3. What did Pierre and Jacques treat themselves with when they had extra money?
(a) A plain fritter.
(b) A newspaper.
(c) A new book.
(d) Nothing. They saved all the money they could get.
4. Who did Jacques walk to school with?
(a) His teacher.
(b) His neighbor.
(c) His mother.
(d) His grandmother.
5. What happened to Jacques at the cooperage?
(a) He was robbed.
(b) His finger was crushed.
(c) He was offered a full-time job.
(d) He fell into the fire.
Short Answer Questions
1. What disability did Ernest have?
2. What did Jacques learn about his father from Veillard?
3. What did Jacques feel about summer camp?
4. What did the uncle and grandmother say Jacques had?
5. What did people think about Ernest?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did M. Bernard feel about the children of war victims?
2. Describe how Lucie reacts to the task and how it makes Jacques feel.
3. Why does Jacques go to Jacques, and what does he find?
4. Why didn't Jacques' mother and grandmother want him to go to the lycee?
5. How does Jacques feel about his summer work?
6. Describe what happens when Jacques needs a permission slip signed.
7. What does Jacques do on Thursdays?
8. Why did Jacques like M. Bernard so much?
9. How did Ernest feel about his mother?
10. What handicap did Ernest have, and how did it affect his life?
This section contains 628 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)