|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What book did the teacher read to the students?
(a) A book about World War I.
(b) The Holy Bible.
(c) A book on etiquette.
(d) McGuffey's Reader.
2. What did Pierre and Jacques treat themselves with when they had extra money?
(a) Nothing. They saved all the money they could get.
(b) A new book.
(c) A newspaper.
(d) A plain fritter.
3. Why was Jacques one of the teacher's pets?
(a) Because he never got into trouble.
(b) He considered all the boys with fathers who died in the war his pets.
(c) Because of his good grades.
(d) Because the teacher loved Jacques' mother.
4. Where did Veillard's ancestors come from?
5. What did Jacques dread each day when he went home from the lycee?
(a) His grandmother's beatings.
(c) The silence in the house.
(d) Death and the unknown.
Short Answer Questions
1. What religious education did Jacques have to go through?
2. Why was M. Bernard's class so interesting for the children?
3. What had changed since Henri and Lucie lived there?
4. What pastime did Ernest thoroughly enjoy?
5. What type of relationship did students have with teachers at the lycee?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)