|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did the grandmother kill the hen?
(a) She thew it in a pot of boiling water.
(b) With a sharp knife.
(c) She hit it on the head with a pan.
(d) She strangled it.
2. How was the outside in comparison to the hallway?
3. How did Jacques feel about the light?
(a) He felt it disguised the true darkness around him.
(b) It made his heart grow lighter.
(c) It glared harshly on their poverty.
(d) It was a waste of money.
4. Who did Jacques walk to school with?
(a) His mother.
(b) His teacher.
(c) His neighbor.
(d) His grandmother.
5. What was Josephin's relationship to Ernest?
(a) They were best friends.
(b) Ernest was Josephin's father.
(c) They were enemies.
(d) They were brothers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Jacques and Pierre take to get to school?
2. Why was Jacques one of the teacher's pets?
3. What did Jacques like in his library books?
4. What did Jacques have to write down to describe his mother's work?
5. Where did Pierre and Jacques spend some of their free time?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Ernest's relationship like with his sister?
2. What does Jacques do on Thursdays?
3. Why does Jacques go to Jacques, and what does he find?
4. Describe the attitude of the vets in the soldier's home.
5. Describe how Jacques got to school each day.
6. How does Jacques feel about his summer work?
7. How does Jacques feel about his classmates?
8. Why did Jacques like M. Bernard so much?
9. Describe how Lucie reacts to the task and how it makes Jacques feel.
10. Why did the French come to Algeria, and what did they find?
This section contains 562 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)