|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Jacques define his religious preferences?
(a) He was an agnostic.
(b) He was a strict Catholic.
(c) He was a non-practicing Catholic.
(d) He was an atheist.
2. What did the Cormerys do on vacation?
(a) They went to the mountains.
(b) They didn't get vacations.
(c) They worked on their house.
(d) They took trips to the beach.
3. What did the farmer do?
(a) He went out to care for his vines.
(b) He dug up his vine and empties his vats.
(c) He offered his wine to the guerillas.
(d) He rescued his animals.
4. What was Josephin's relationship to Ernest?
(a) They were best friends.
(b) They were enemies.
(c) Ernest was Josephin's father.
(d) They were brothers.
5. What did Jacques consider his country?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Jacques have to write down to describe his mother's work?
2. What did Jacques and Pierre take to get to school?
3. How did the grandmother embarrass Jacques during the awards ceremony?
4. What did Pierre and Jacques treat themselves with when they had extra money?
5. What set Jacques apart from his schoolmates?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jacques do on Thursdays?
2. What handicap did Ernest have, and how did it affect his life?
3. What did Jacques feel about Ernest?
4. Why is Jacques sent out to get a hen?
5. Why did Jacques like M. Bernard so much?
6. What were the Arabs in the area like?
7. Why does Jacques go to Jacques, and what does he find?
8. How does Jacques feel about his classmates?
9. Describe how Jacques got to school each day.
10. Describe what happens when Jacques needs a permission slip signed.
This section contains 546 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)