|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How was the outside in comparison to the hallway?
2. What religious education did Jacques have to go through?
(a) Classes for Arabic.
(b) Sunday school.
(c) Classes for his baptism.
(d) Classes for his first communion.
3. Who was the old man with the canary that Jacques went to visit?
(a) His former teacher.
(b) His uncle.
(c) His best friend from childhood.
(d) His old boss.
4. Where did Pierre and Jacques spend some of their free time?
(a) They rode the trolley around town.
(b) At the soldier's home.
(c) Studying in the cellar.
(d) At the lycee, talking with tutors.
5. What did Pierre and Jacques treat themselves with when they had extra money?
(a) A newspaper.
(b) A new book.
(c) Nothing. They saved all the money they could get.
(d) A plain fritter.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the grandmother kill the hen?
2. Why did Jacques and Pierre have to leave their neighborhood on a daily basis?
3. What type of book mostly appealed to Jacques?
4. How did feel about getting a hen from the yard?
5. What did Jacques feel about summer camp?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jacques realize about his father?
2. Why does Jacques go to Jacques, and what does he find?
3. Why is Jacques sent out to get a hen?
4. Describe what happens when Jacques needs a permission slip signed.
5. Describe the attitude of the vets in the soldier's home.
6. Why did the French come to Algeria, and what did they find?
7. How did Ernest feel about his mother?
8. How did Jacques and Pierre feel about school in general?
9. What handicap did Ernest have, and how did it affect his life?
10. How did M. Bernard feel about the children of war victims?
This section contains 636 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)