|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Veillard's ancestors come from?
2. How did Louis feel about getting a hen from the yard?
(a) He refused to do it.
(b) He was afraid of the hens.
(c) He dreaded it.
(d) He thought it was fun to chase the hens.
3. What was the political situation like?
(a) Things were about to blow apart into warfare.
(b) It was a time of peace.
(c) There were negotiations for peace.
(d) It was a time of unrest, and it wasn't safe to live there.
4. What made the mother and grandmother proud?
(a) They had a strong background.
(b) They met some very important people and got along with them.
(c) They had the nicest clothes.
(d) Jacques won an award.
5. How did the grandmother kill the hen?
(a) With a sharp knife.
(b) She strangled it.
(c) She hit it on the head with a pan.
(d) She thew it in a pot of boiling water.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened after the fight between Ernest and Josephin?
2. What was the relationship like between Ernest and Jacques?
3. Who was the common enemy in the neighborhood?
4. What type of book mostly appealed to Jacques?
5. What did Jacques pass on his way to Mondavi?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jacques do on Thursdays?
2. Why does Jacques go to Jacques, and what does he find?
3. Why did the French come to Algeria, and what did they find?
4. What does Jacques feel as he goes down the hallway and outside?
5. Why didn't Jacques' mother and grandmother want him to go to the lycee?
6. How does Jacques feel about his classmates?
7. How did Jacques and Pierre feel about school in general?
8. Describe the grandmother's response to his task, and how Jacques feels about it.
9. Describe how Jacques got to school each day.
10. How did M. Bernard feel about the children of war victims?
This section contains 599 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)