|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What disability did Ernest have?
(a) He was missing an arm.
(b) He was completely deaf.
(c) He was blind.
(d) He had heart problems.
2. What did Jacques dread each day when he went home from the lycee?
(a) His grandmother's beatings.
(b) Death and the unknown.
(d) The silence in the house.
3. What did Jacques feel about summer camp?
(a) It was his escape from his poverty.
(b) He hoped to work at the camp someday.
(c) He thought it more of a punishment than a privilege.
(d) He couldn't wait to go.
4. What did Pierre and Jacques treat themselves with when they had extra money?
(a) A plain fritter.
(b) Nothing. They saved all the money they could get.
(c) A newspaper.
(d) A new book.
5. What happened when Jacques told his mother and grandmother that he had a chance at getting a higher education?
(a) They laughed at him.
(b) They said he had to work.
(c) They took him out to dinner.
(d) They hugged him.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Jacques feel when he got the hen?
2. What happened to Jacques at the cooperage?
3. What did the grandmother think of Lucie's haircut?
4. What did Jacques help Michel with?
5. What was the relationship like between Ernest and Jacques?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)