|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose grave was the traveler looking for?
(a) The Arab.
(b) Henri Cormery.
(c) Lucie Cormery.
(d) Jacques Cormery.
2. Where was Henri's family from?
3. How did the wife respond to her pain.
(a) She wouldn't stop complaining.
(b) She ignored it.
(c) She screamed.
(d) She tried not to show it.
4. What was the sea like?
(a) Gentle and warm.
(b) Treacherous and cold.
(c) Gentle yet cold.
(d) Treacherous yet warm.
5. How did the man travel?
(a) Third Class.
(b) Second Class.
(d) First Class.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jacques tell Malan he's willing to give him?
2. How did Jacques feel about siestas?
3. How old is Malan?
4. What did Lucie do in the evenings when Etienne wasn't there?
5. What did Jacques realize about his father?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Jacques perceive the relationship between his mother and father?
2. What did Jacques remember about going to the theater with the family?
3. Why does Jacques get in trouble when he goes home, and what was his punishment? How does his mother react to the punishment?
4. How did Jacques and his mother greet each other? How did Lucie prepare for him?
5. What were Jacques' friends like?
6. What kind of town did Victor Malan live in?
7. Why did Henri and Lucie leave Algiers?
8. How did Lucie feel about the war her husband died in?
9. Describe how Jacques felt about France, and how he felt about Algiers.
10. How does Jacques feel about Malan?
This section contains 597 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)