|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Lucie think of the political situation when her husband went off to war?
(a) She wanted to leave the country.
(b) She understood why they needed to fight.
(c) She didn't know what was going on.
(d) She had been following the politically strategies closely and agreed that her husband he to go.
2. Why did he like his small town?
(a) He liked knowing his neighbors.
(b) It didn't distract him from his solitary meditation.
(c) He felt secure.
(d) He hated city pollution.
3. Where was Henri's family from?
4. How does Malan describe Jacques?
5. What was the sea like?
(a) Treacherous and cold.
(b) Gentle and warm.
(c) Gentle yet cold.
(d) Treacherous yet warm.
Short Answer Questions
1. How would Jacques learn more about his father?
2. What was the population like around their new home?
3. What made the African troops stand out?
4. Who had the most influence in Jacques' childhood?
5. What aura did the man emanate?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Malan feel about his wife?
2. Explain where Jacques' father was buried and why.
3. What did Jacques realize about his father's age, and how did he react to this knowledge?
4. Who did Jacques live with in Algiers? What was their neighborhood like?
5. Lucie lived in the same place where Jacques grew up. What was still the same about it, and what was different?
6. Why did Jacques feel indebted to Malan?
7. How does Malan respond to Jacques' acknowledgment of how he felt about him?
8. What parenting experience did Henri and Lucie have?
9. What were Jacques' friends like?
10. How did Jacques feel about naps?
This section contains 558 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)