|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the traveler?
(d) The Arab.
2. How did the man react to all the waiting he had to do in his travels?
(a) He was patient.
(b) He became depressed.
(c) It made him angry, and he started yelling at the others in line.
(d) He demanded to talk with the manager.
3. What made the African troops stand out?
(a) Their brightly colored uniforms.
(b) Their strategic fighting skills.
(c) Their aggressive fighting style.
(d) Their optimism.
4. What did Jacques realize about his father?
(a) He was younger than Jacques when he died.
(b) The man was prone to anger.
(c) His father was a hero to many.
(d) His father made a positive impact on many people's lives.
5. Why did Jacques go to visit his father?
(a) His mother had asked him to.
(b) He wanted to make peace with his father.
(c) He wanted to find out more about the man.
(d) He wanted to tell his dad how he felt.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened when the husband knocked on the door at the doctor's house?
2. What year did Lucie say she was born?
3. Where did Henri grow up?
4. What was Jacques' job at the theater?
5. Whose grave was the traveler looking for?
Short Essay Questions
1. What kind of town did Victor Malan live in?
2. What parenting experience did Henri and Lucie have?
3. How does Malan respond to Jacques' acknowledgment of how he felt about him?
4. How did the caretaker help Jacques?
5. Why did Jacques feel indebted to Malan?
6. What memory of his father did Jacques receive from his grandmother?
7. What kind of games did Jacques and his friends play?
8. How does Jacques feel about Malan?
9. How did Lucie feel about the war her husband died in?
10. Explain where Jacques' father was buried and why.
This section contains 590 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)