|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did the traveler walk to when he left his hotel?
(a) The movie theater.
(b) The cemetery.
(c) The park.
(d) The grocery store.
2. How did Henri feel about some of the actions he saw in the war?
(a) He accepted the actions as something soldiers must do.
(b) He thought the enemy deserved all they got.
(c) He was horrified and said no man would act like that.
(d) He was disgusted but not surprised.
3. What was the sea like?
(a) Treacherous yet warm.
(b) Gentle and warm.
(c) Treacherous and cold.
(d) Gentle yet cold.
4. What was the mattress in the new house like?
(a) It was brand new.
(b) It was very comfortable.
(c) It smelled like damp hair.
(d) It was filthy and covered with mold.
5. How did they split the fries?
(a) They didn't share, and the ones without money had to watch the other boys eat.
(b) They boy who bought got half, and the rest was split evenly.
(c) They each got an even share.
(d) Each boy got one fry, and the one who bought them got the rest.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did the Arab go to find?
2. What year did Lucie say she was born?
3. How did Jacques' mother seem as she gazed out the window?
4. Who was standing in the corridor of the Saint-Brieuc train 40 years after Henri and Lucie had their child?
5. Why was it difficult for Catherine to understand the films?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was making Lucie anxious when he visited her?
2. Describe what happened as dusk fell at the graveyard.
3. Why does Jacques get in trouble when he goes home, and what was his punishment? How does his mother react to the punishment?
4. How did Jacques feel about naps?
5. What kind of town did Victor Malan live in?
6. What memory of his father did Jacques receive from his grandmother?
7. What were Jacques' friends like?
8. Explain where Jacques' father was buried and why.
9. How did Lucie react to the situation she was in?
10. How did Lucie feel about the war her husband died in?
This section contains 626 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)