Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What year did the husband and wife move from Algiers?
2. What did the children do in their meeting place?
(a) They shared candy and made forts.
(b) They talked about their future.
(c) They created gaming strategies.
(d) They made plans for mischief.
3. What instrument did Jacques do best with?
(a) The cello.
(b) The flute.
(c) His voice.
(d) The violin.
4. How did Lucie and her husband travel on the last stage of their trip to their new home?
5. Why did the women laugh when the doctor arrived?
(a) They thought he was a fool.
(b) He looked like a drowned rat.
(c) The baby was already born.
(d) He was joking with them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What part of the cemetery did the traveler specifically go to?
2. What did Lucie think about movies?
3. What did Jacques say happened to the coin?
4. What did Malan think about marriage?
5. Why was Lucie afraid?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Jacques go to Jacques, and what does he find?
2. Describe the grandmother's response to his task, and how Jacques feels about it.
3. Explain what the lycee is and why it was a privilege to go there.
4. How did the caretaker help Jacques?
5. How did Henri show his love for Lucie?
6. What did Jacques lie to his grandmother about, and what did he learn from the experience?
7. How does Malan respond to Jacques' acknowledgment of how he felt about him?
8. What did Jacques remember about going to the theater with the family?
9. Describe what happens when Jacques needs a permission slip signed.
10. How does Jacques see his life as a child, and how does he respond to his situation?
This section contains 735 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)