|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Lucie do in the evenings when Etienne wasn't there?
(a) She called her family members on the phone.
(b) She knitted a blanket.
(c) She read.
(d) She lies down doing nothing.
2. Why does Jacques say he's different around Malan?
(a) Malan has a way of making him feel stupid.
(b) Malan has a way of making him feel smarter.
(c) Malan commands respect.
(d) He loves Malan.
3. Who would Jacques take a siesta with when he was younger?
(a) His grandmother.
(b) His uncle.
(c) His brother.
(d) His mother.
4. Where was Henri's family from?
5. What was the mattress in the new house like?
(a) It smelled like damp hair.
(b) It was very comfortable.
(c) It was brand new.
(d) It was filthy and covered with mold.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Lucie think of the political situation when her husband went off to war?
2. How did Jacques' grandmother respond to his escapades?
3. How were Jacques and his father similar?
4. What did Lucie think about movies?
5. What does Jacques think about Henri's early death?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Malan feel about his wife?
2. How did Jacques perceive the relationship between his mother and father?
3. What memory of his father did Jacques receive from his grandmother?
4. What was making Lucie anxious when he visited her?
5. What did the way Jacques demonstrate about his personality?
6. How did Lucie react to the situation she was in?
7. Who did Jacques live with in Algiers? What was their neighborhood like?
8. Why did Henri and Lucie leave Algiers?
9. Describe how Jacques felt about France, and how he felt about Algiers.
10. How does Malan respond to Jacques' acknowledgment of how he felt about him?
This section contains 641 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)