|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Malan look like?
(a) A troubadour.
(b) An Arab.
(c) A Chinese man.
(d) The stereotypical Frenchman.
2. How were Jacques and his father similar?
(a) They both were farmers.
(b) They both loved art.
(c) They were both soldiers.
(d) Jacques looked like his father.
3. What happened when the husband knocked on the door at the doctor's house?
(a) The doctor came out, full of concern.
(b) People came scurrying out.
(c) Nothing. No one answered at first.
(d) They yelled at him to leave.
4. What game was Pierre good at?
(a) Poor man's basketball.
(d) Poor man's tennis.
5. What disability did Jacques's uncle have?
(a) He was half mute.
(b) He was blind.
(c) He was deaf.
(d) He was a mute.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Henri feel about some of the actions he saw in the war?
2. What was Victor Malan's job?
3. What did Lucie think about movies?
4. How does Malan feel about Jacques finding out more about his father?
5. What was the mattress in the new house like?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Jacques remember about going to the theater with the family?
2. Explain what the lycee is and why it was a privilege to go there.
3. How does Jacques see his life as a child, and how does he respond to his situation?
4. How did the caretaker help Jacques?
5. Why was soccer an issue in the household?
6. Explain where Jacques' father was buried and why.
7. Why did Henri and Lucie leave Algiers?
8. Describe the attitude of the vets in the soldier's home.
9. What does Jacques do on Thursdays?
10. How did M. Bernard feel about the children of war victims?
This section contains 630 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)