|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What disability did Jacques's uncle have?
(a) He was a mute.
(b) He was half mute.
(c) He was blind.
(d) He was deaf.
2. What was the sea like?
(a) Treacherous yet warm.
(b) Gentle yet cold.
(c) Gentle and warm.
(d) Treacherous and cold.
3. How did the man travel?
(a) First Class.
(b) Second Class.
(d) Third Class.
4. Why did the women laugh when the doctor arrived?
(a) He looked like a drowned rat.
(b) He was joking with them.
(c) The baby was already born.
(d) They thought he was a fool.
5. Who was standing in the corridor of the Saint-Brieuc train 40 years after Henri and Lucie had their child?
(a) A priest.
(b) The Arab.
(c) A man.
(d) A soldier.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why didn't Jacques' grandmother want him to play soccer?
2. What message did he give Jacques?
3. What did Jacques realize about his father?
4. What game was Pierre good at?
5. What did Lucie think about movies?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Jacques feel about naps?
2. What was the journey like on the way to the new house?
3. How did Lucie react to the situation she was in?
4. Lucie lived in the same place where Jacques grew up. What was still the same about it, and what was different?
5. How does Jacques feel about Malan?
6. Explain where Jacques' father was buried and why.
7. How did Lucie feel about the war her husband died in?
8. Why did Jacques feel indebted to Malan?
9. How did Malan feel about his wife?
10. What did the way Jacques demonstrate about his personality?
This section contains 600 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)