|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How were the children in the theater kept in line?
(a) They were kicked out if they were noisy.
(b) With a whip
(c) They were bribed with candy.
(d) They had to stand in a corner if they didn't behave.
2. Where did the boys sneak away to in the summer?
(a) The stables.
(b) The beach.
(c) The ball field.
(d) The market.
3. What does Jacques tell Malan he's willing to give him?
(a) Rent money.
(b) Money for a train ride.
(d) Everything he has.
4. What did the boys fill their pockets with?
5. Where did Jacques' mother live?
(a) Right near the beach.
(b) In a little cottage.
(c) In the nursing home.
(d) In the house where he grew up.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Lucie and her husband travel on the last stage of their trip to their new home?
2. What was the population like around their new home?
3. Why was it difficult for Catherine to understand the films?
4. What did Jacques say happened to the coin?
5. How did the man react to all the waiting he had to do in his travels?
Short Essay Questions
1. What were Jacques' friends like?
2. Lucie lived in the same place where Jacques grew up. What was still the same about it, and what was different?
3. Why does Jacques get in trouble when he goes home, and what was his punishment? How does his mother react to the punishment?
4. What was making Lucie anxious when he visited her?
5. How did Jacques and his mother greet each other? How did Lucie prepare for him?
6. What did Jacques remember about going to the theater with the family?
7. What kind of town did Victor Malan live in?
8. How did Jacques feel about naps?
9. Explain where Jacques' father was buried and why.
10. Why was soccer an issue in the household?
This section contains 655 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)