|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Jacques realize about his father?
(a) The man was prone to anger.
(b) His father was a hero to many.
(c) He was younger than Jacques when he died.
(d) His father made a positive impact on many people's lives.
2. How did they split the fries?
(a) They didn't share, and the ones without money had to watch the other boys eat.
(b) Each boy got one fry, and the one who bought them got the rest.
(c) They each got an even share.
(d) They boy who bought got half, and the rest was split evenly.
3. What was the weather like as Lucie and her husband traveled to their new home?
(a) It was raining.
(b) A tornado was chasing them.
(c) It was a beautiful day.
(d) It was starting to snow.
4. Whose grave was the traveler looking for?
(a) Lucie Cormery.
(b) The Arab.
(c) Jacques Cormery.
(d) Henri Cormery.
5. What was Victor Malan's job?
(b) Customs administration.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Malan look like?
2. How would Jacques learn more about his father?
3. Who would Jacques take a siesta with when he was younger?
4. How did Jacques' mother seem as she gazed out the window?
5. How did Jacques feel about Paris?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Malan respond to Jacques' acknowledgment of how he felt about him?
2. How does Jacques feel about his summer work?
3. How did Ernest feel about his mother?
4. What does Jacques feel as he goes down the hallway and outside?
5. What did Jacques realize about his father's age, and how did he react to this knowledge?
6. What was Ernest's relationship like with his sister?
7. How does Jacques feel about his family coming to the awards ceremony?
8. What handicap did Ernest have, and how did it affect his life?
9. Describe how Jacques felt about France, and how he felt about Algiers.
10. How did Jacques feel about naps?
This section contains 596 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)