|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the weather like as Lucie and her husband traveled to their new home?
(a) It was raining.
(b) A tornado was chasing them.
(c) It was a beautiful day.
(d) It was starting to snow.
2. What is one of Malan's faults according to Jacques?
(a) He it thrifty.
(b) He doesn't realize others aren't as smart as he is.
(c) He eats too much.
(d) He is too arrogant.
3. Why was it difficult for Catherine to understand the films?
(a) She was illiterate.
(b) The actor's vocabulary was too advanced for her.
(c) She was distracted by the children around her.
(d) She couldn't hear.
4. What did Jacques realize about his grandmother?
(a) She thought he was a nuisance.
(b) She resented his presence in her life.
(c) She loved him.
(d) It was painful for her to be with him since he was so similar to his father.
5. How would Jacques learn more about his father?
(a) From his grandmother.
(b) From his uncle.
(c) He would have to research the man on his own.
(d) From his mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Jacques feel about his father?
2. How did the man surprise the chambermaid at the hotel?
3. Where did Henri grow up?
4. What did Lucie think about movies?
5. How did Jacques' grandmother respond to his escapades?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe what happened as dusk fell at the graveyard.
2. What memory of his father did Jacques receive from his grandmother?
3. What were Jacques' friends like?
4. What was making Lucie anxious when he visited her?
5. How did Henri show his love for Lucie?
6. How did Lucie react to the situation she was in?
7. Why did Jacques feel indebted to Malan?
8. What did Malan think about Jacques' idea to learn more about his father?
9. What did the way Jacques demonstrate about his personality?
10. What kind of games did Jacques and his friends play?
This section contains 670 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)