|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What part of the cemetery did the traveler specifically go to?
(a) The section for the elitists.
(b) The section for those who died in the war or 1914.
(c) The section for the homeless.
(d) The section for the unsaved souls.
2. What did the house look like when the husband and doctor arrived?
(a) It was full of organized birthing activity.
(b) It looked disorderly.
(c) It was empty.
(d) The fire had gone out, and looked stark.
3. How were Jacques and his father similar?
(a) Jacques looked like his father.
(b) They both loved art.
(c) They both were farmers.
(d) They were both soldiers.
4. How would Jacques learn more about his father?
(a) He would have to research the man on his own.
(b) From his grandmother.
(c) From his uncle.
(d) From his mother.
5. What aura did the man emanate?
(a) One of intrigue.
(b) One of competence and vigor.
(c) One of insecurity.
(d) One of menace.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did the women laugh when the doctor arrived?
2. What year did Lucie say she was born?
3. How did Jacques' mother seem as she gazed out the window?
4. Where did he and his friends stop on the way to the field?
5. What was Jacques like with his mother?
Short Essay Questions
1. What were Jacques' friends like?
2. What kind of games did Jacques and his friends play?
3. What memory of his father did Jacques receive from his grandmother?
4. Describe how Jacques felt about France, and how he felt about Algiers.
5. How did Jacques feel about naps?
6. Why did Henri and Lucie leave Algiers?
7. Why was soccer an issue in the household?
8. How did Lucie react to the situation she was in?
9. How did the caretaker help Jacques?
10. What did Jacques lie to his grandmother about, and what did he learn from the experience?
This section contains 586 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)