|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jacques tell Malan he's willing to give him?
(a) Money for a train ride.
(b) Everything he has.
(d) Rent money.
2. How were the children in the theater kept in line?
(a) They were kicked out if they were noisy.
(b) They had to stand in a corner if they didn't behave.
(c) They were bribed with candy.
(d) With a whip
3. How did Jacques' discovery about his father change his feelings toward him?
(a) He suddenly regretted that he never really knew his father.
(b) It helped him understand the man more.
(c) He felt compassion for the man instead of ambivalence.
(d) His hero-worship turned to disdain.
4. Where was Henri's family from?
5. Where did the traveler walk to when he left his hotel?
(a) The cemetery.
(b) The park.
(c) The movie theater.
(d) The grocery store.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Malan ask for forgiveness?
2. How did the husband respond when the doctor asked if he had other children?
3. Who had the most influence in Jacques' childhood?
4. What was the baby like?
5. How old is Malan?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Lucie feel about the war her husband died in?
2. How did Jacques perceive the relationship between his mother and father?
3. How did Jacques and his mother greet each other? How did Lucie prepare for him?
4. Describe what happened as dusk fell at the graveyard.
5. What were Jacques' friends like?
6. What did Jacques realize about his father's age, and how did he react to this knowledge?
7. Why does Jacques get in trouble when he goes home, and what was his punishment? How does his mother react to the punishment?
8. Lucie lived in the same place where Jacques grew up. What was still the same about it, and what was different?
9. What did Jacques lie to his grandmother about, and what did he learn from the experience?
10. How does Jacques feel about Malan?
This section contains 689 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)