|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jacques think about Henri's early death?
(a) He thinks he was spared suffering.
(b) He thinks that's what one deserves when he goes off to war.
(c) He thinks it's tragic.
(d) He is sad when thinking about the joys in life that Henri missed.
2. What did the boys fill their pockets with?
3. What was the baby like?
(a) It was a sickly girl.
(b) It was a sickly boy.
(c) It was a sturdy boy.
(d) It was a sturdy girl.
4. How did Jacques' grandmother respond to his escapades?
(a) She laughed at them.
(b) She whipped him.
(c) She sent him to his room.
(d) She wanted to join him next time.
5. Where did the traveler walk to when he left his hotel?
(a) The movie theater.
(b) The park.
(c) The cemetery.
(d) The grocery store.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where would all the children gather?
2. What did they name the child?
3. What aura did the man emanate?
4. What part of the cemetery did the traveler specifically go to?
5. How did the man travel?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain where Jacques' father was buried and why.
2. How did Lucie feel about the war her husband died in?
3. Describe how Jacques felt about France, and how he felt about Algiers.
4. Why does Jacques get in trouble when he goes home, and what was his punishment? How does his mother react to the punishment?
5. Lucie lived in the same place where Jacques grew up. What was still the same about it, and what was different?
6. What did Jacques lie to his grandmother about, and what did he learn from the experience?
7. How did Jacques and his mother greet each other? How did Lucie prepare for him?
8. What kind of town did Victor Malan live in?
9. How does Jacques feel about Malan?
10. How did Lucie react to the situation she was in?
This section contains 629 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)