|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What separated the two worlds in Jacques?
(b) The Mediterranean.
(c) The cultures.
(d) Transportation limitations.
2. Who did Jacques walk to school with?
(a) His teacher.
(b) His neighbor.
(c) His mother.
(d) His grandmother.
3. What did Jacques feel about summer camp?
(a) He couldn't wait to go.
(b) He hoped to work at the camp someday.
(c) He thought it more of a punishment than a privilege.
(d) It was his escape from his poverty.
4. What did the Cormerys do on vacation?
(a) They didn't get vacations.
(b) They took trips to the beach.
(c) They went to the mountains.
(d) They worked on their house.
5. What did Jacques like in his library books?
(a) Poetry books.
(b) Books with many images.
(c) Books with lots of quotes.
(d) Lots of content with small margins and lots of words.
6. What kind of lighting did they have in the house?
(a) They used a generator for electricity.
(b) They had no light sources.
(c) The grandmother would light a lamp.
(d) They tapped into the city's electricity.
7. What did Jacques see in his half-dream state?
(a) His father.
(b) His teacher.
(c) His grandmother.
(d) The guerillas.
8. What would Jacques tell his family about the lycee during dinner?
(a) His homework
(c) His most interesting teacher of the day.
(d) Anecdotes highlighting other students.
9. What made the mother and grandmother proud?
(a) Jacques won an award.
(b) They met some very important people and got along with them.
(c) They had the nicest clothes.
(d) They had a strong background.
10. What was the hallway like?
11. What had changed since Henri and Lucie lived there?
(a) Everything was even more dilapidated.
(b) The house was bigger.
(d) Everything. All the original buildings were gone.
12. Who else understands their instinctive bond to the area?
(a) The Arabs.
(b) Nobody else.
(c) The French.
(d) The missionaries.
13. How did Jacques feel when he got into the school of higher education?
(a) He felt like he deserved it.
(b) He regretted his decision to try for it.
(c) It made him somewhat sad.
(d) Happy, but bereft as his teacher left.
14. What happened to Jacques at the cooperage?
(a) He was offered a full-time job.
(b) His finger was crushed.
(c) He fell into the fire.
(d) He was robbed.
15. What happened when Jacques told his mother and grandmother that he had a chance at getting a higher education?
(a) They laughed at him.
(b) They took him out to dinner.
(c) They said he had to work.
(d) They hugged him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Jacques and Pierre take to get to school?
2. How did Tamzal feel about war?
3. Why was M. Bernard's class so interesting for the children?
4. What did Jacques ask Veillard about?
5. What did the uncle and grandmother say Jacques had?
This section contains 499 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)