|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Jacques feel when he got the hen?
(c) He was sick with disgust and fear.
2. What world did Jacques become most part of?
(a) The world of the lycee.
(b) The world of work.
(c) The world of his neighborhood.
(d) The world of the water
3. What had changed since Henri and Lucie lived there?
(a) The house was bigger.
(b) Everything was even more dilapidated.
(d) Everything. All the original buildings were gone.
4. What did Jacques have to give up to be friends with Georges?
(a) His love of reading.
(b) Eating meat.
(c) His sandwich at lunchtime.
(d) Saying dirty words.
5. Who did Jacques walk to school with?
(a) His neighbor.
(b) His mother.
(c) His teacher.
(d) His grandmother.
6. What was Josephin's relationship to Ernest?
(a) They were best friends.
(b) They were enemies.
(c) They were brothers.
(d) Ernest was Josephin's father.
7. How did the grandmother kill the hen?
(a) With a sharp knife.
(b) She strangled it.
(c) She thew it in a pot of boiling water.
(d) She hit it on the head with a pan.
8. What did Pierre and Jacques pass on the way to school?
(a) A series of shops.
(b) The beach.
(d) The girls' school.
9. How did feel about getting a hen from the yard?
(a) He was afraid of the hens.
(b) He refused to do it.
(c) He thought it was fun to chase the hens.
(d) He dreaded it.
10. What did Jacques dread each day when he went home from the lycee?
(b) His grandmother's beatings.
(c) Death and the unknown.
(d) The silence in the house.
11. What was Jacques' punishment for the fight he was in?
(a) He had to stay in the corner and miss recess.
(b) He was suspended from school.
(c) He was sent home.
(d) He was whipped.
12. Who was the old man with the canary that Jacques went to visit?
(a) His former teacher.
(b) His uncle.
(c) His old boss.
(d) His best friend from childhood.
13. Who else understands their instinctive bond to the area?
(a) The French.
(b) Nobody else.
(c) The Arabs.
(d) The missionaries.
14. What did Jacques ask Veillard about?
(b) His father.
15. What did the farmer do?
(a) He offered his wine to the guerillas.
(b) He went out to care for his vines.
(c) He rescued his animals.
(d) He dug up his vine and empties his vats.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the hallway like?
2. What would Jacques tell his family about the lycee during dinner?
3. What did people think about Ernest?
4. What happened to Jacques at the cooperage?
5. What did Jacques consider his country?
This section contains 453 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)