|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Jacques have to write down to describe his mother's work?
(a) Postal employee.
(c) Stay-at-home mom.
2. What did Jacques ask Veillard about?
(d) His father.
3. Where did Josephin work?
(a) He worked in the market.
(b) He worked at the bank.
(c) He worked at the beach.
(d) He worked for the railroad.
4. What separated the two worlds in Jacques?
(a) The Mediterranean.
(b) The cultures.
(d) Transportation limitations.
5. Who did Jacques walk to school with?
(a) His neighbor.
(b) His mother.
(c) His grandmother.
(d) His teacher.
6. What did Jacques learn about his father from Veillard?
(a) He learned that his father was a strictly religious man.
(b) He learned that his father had a great sense of humor.
(c) Nothing. The man knew nothing about the Henri.
(d) He learned that his father was a hard worker.
7. What did the farmer do?
(a) He rescued his animals.
(b) He went out to care for his vines.
(c) He dug up his vine and empties his vats.
(d) He offered his wine to the guerillas.
8. What kind of lighting did they have in the house?
(a) The grandmother would light a lamp.
(b) They used a generator for electricity.
(c) They tapped into the city's electricity.
(d) They had no light sources.
9. How did Jacques feel about making money for his family?
(a) He was happy to do it.
(b) He felt it was his obligation.
(c) He resented the fact that he had to do it.
(d) He took great pride in it.
10. What element of nature did Jacques truly appreciate?
(a) The wind.
(b) The rain.
(c) The snow.
(d) The sun.
11. What did Jacques and Pierre take to get to school?
(a) A taxi.
(c) A train.
(d) A trolley.
12. What type of book mostly appealed to Jacques?
(a) Cloak and dagger novels.
(b) Science fiction.
13. Who was the old man with the canary that Jacques went to visit?
(a) His best friend from childhood.
(b) His old boss.
(c) His former teacher.
(d) His uncle.
14. How did feel about getting a hen from the yard?
(a) He was afraid of the hens.
(b) He thought it was fun to chase the hens.
(c) He dreaded it.
(d) He refused to do it.
15. What did the uncle and grandmother say Jacques had?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the hens start to do when Jacques came near?
2. What was the journey like for the original settlers?
3. Why did Jacques and Pierre have to leave their neighborhood on a daily basis?
4. What were people drawn to in Ernest, including Jacques' grandmother?
5. What did Jacques about male friendship when he was out with his uncle?
This section contains 521 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)