|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Jacques ask Veillard about?
(a) His father.
2. What did the Cormerys do on vacation?
(a) They didn't get vacations.
(b) They worked on their house.
(c) They went to the mountains.
(d) They took trips to the beach.
3. What did Jacques have to write down to describe his mother's work?
(b) Postal employee.
(c) Stay-at-home mom.
4. Why did the Cormerys show up early for the awards ceremony?
(a) They had the wrong time.
(b) They wanted to talk with Jacques' teachers.
(c) They weren't used to social occasions.
(d) They wanted to grab the best seats.
5. How did feel about getting a hen from the yard?
(a) He thought it was fun to chase the hens.
(b) He dreaded it.
(c) He refused to do it.
(d) He was afraid of the hens.
6. What did people think about Ernest?
(a) He was mean.
(b) He was good-natured and generous.
(c) He was stupid.
(d) He was a recluse.
7. How did Tamzal feel about war?
(a) He felt it was more normal than peace.
(b) He thought is was something everyone should engage in.
(c) He thought war was a strange beast.
(d) He abhorred it.
8. How did the grandmother kill the hen?
(a) She strangled it.
(b) With a sharp knife.
(c) She thew it in a pot of boiling water.
(d) She hit it on the head with a pan.
9. What was Josephin's relationship to Ernest?
(a) Ernest was Josephin's father.
(b) They were best friends.
(c) They were enemies.
(d) They were brothers.
10. What separated the two worlds in Jacques?
(b) The Mediterranean.
(c) Transportation limitations.
(d) The cultures.
11. What book did the teacher read to the students?
(a) A book on etiquette.
(b) McGuffey's Reader.
(c) The Holy Bible.
(d) A book about World War I.
12. Why was Jacques one of the teacher's pets?
(a) Because of his good grades.
(b) Because he never got into trouble.
(c) He considered all the boys with fathers who died in the war his pets.
(d) Because the teacher loved Jacques' mother.
13. What did Pierre and Jacques pass on the way to school?
(a) The beach.
(c) A series of shops.
(d) The girls' school.
14. Why did Jacques and Pierre have to leave their neighborhood on a daily basis?
(a) The dog catcher chased them out.
(b) They had to go to work.
(c) They had to travel to attend school.
(d) Their parents told them to stay out of the house during the week.
15. Who was the common enemy in the neighborhood?
(a) The dogcatcher.
(b) The gang from the next neighborhood.
(c) The school teacher.
(d) The police.
Short Answer Questions
1. What element of nature did Jacques truly appreciate?
2. How did Jacques feel when he got the hen?
3. What type of relationship did students have with teachers at the lycee?
4. What did the farmer do?
5. Who was the old man with the canary that Jacques went to visit?
This section contains 533 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)