|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What world did Jacques become most part of?
(a) The world of his neighborhood.
(b) The world of the lycee.
(c) The world of the water
(d) The world of work.
2. What was the hallway like?
3. What did Jacques see in his half-dream state?
(a) His grandmother.
(b) His teacher.
(c) His father.
(d) The guerillas.
4. How did feel about getting a hen from the yard?
(a) He dreaded it.
(b) He was afraid of the hens.
(c) He refused to do it.
(d) He thought it was fun to chase the hens.
5. What did Jacques consider his country?
6. What did Pierre and Jacques pass on the way to school?
(b) A series of shops.
(c) The girls' school.
(d) The beach.
7. Who tried to protect the chickens from thieves?
(a) The barber.
(b) The grandmother.
(c) The Arab next door.
8. What set Jacques apart from his schoolmates?
(a) His brilliance.
(b) His sense of humor.
(c) His poverty.
(d) His family traditions and values.
9. How did the grandmother embarrass Jacques during the awards ceremony?
(a) She was obviously illiterate.
(b) She kept crying.
(c) She talked to the people next to her.
(d) She was dressed wrong.
10. What did Jacques like in his library books?
(a) Lots of content with small margins and lots of words.
(b) Poetry books.
(c) Books with lots of quotes.
(d) Books with many images.
11. Where did Veillard's ancestors come from?
12. What type of relationship did students have with teachers at the lycee?
(a) They almost had a parent/child relationship.
(b) The teachers were aloof and had no respect for the students.
(c) They weren't close, but there was respect.
(d) They students silently resented the teachers.
13. Who was around to tell Pierre and Jacques what to expect from the lycee?
(a) Jacques' mother.
(b) M. Bernard.
(c) The grandmother.
(d) No one.
14. How did Tamzal feel about war?
(a) He abhorred it.
(b) He thought war was a strange beast.
(c) He thought is was something everyone should engage in.
(d) He felt it was more normal than peace.
15. What did the uncle and grandmother say Jacques had?
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Jacques feel about making money for his family?
2. What did the Cormerys do on vacation?
3. What was the relationship like between Ernest and Jacques?
4. How was the outside in comparison to the hallway?
5. What did Jacques pass on his way to Mondavi?
This section contains 462 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)