Final Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What were people drawn to in Ernest, including Jacques' grandmother?
(a) His beauty.
(b) His ability to debate.
(c) His infectious humor that never left.
(d) His patience.
2. What did Jacques dread each day when he went home from the lycee?
(b) The silence in the house.
(c) His grandmother's beatings.
(d) Death and the unknown.
3. Why did the Cormerys show up early for the awards ceremony?
(a) They had the wrong time.
(b) They wanted to grab the best seats.
(c) They wanted to talk with Jacques' teachers.
(d) They weren't used to social occasions.
4. What disability did Ernest have?
(a) He was completely deaf.
(b) He was blind.
(c) He had heart problems.
(d) He was missing an arm.
5. What did Jacques help Michel with?
(a) Moving furniture.
(b) The horses.
(d) The shopping.
6. What gift did the teacher give the older Jacques?
(a) The book he had read in class.
(b) Some money.
(c) The ruler he used to smack the children with.
(d) A handkerchief.
7. What was the relationship like between Ernest and Jacques?
(a) They were close.
(b) They were polite to each other, but didn't get close.
(c) Ernest tolerated the boy.
(d) Ernest thought Jacques was a burden.
8. What did Jacques like in his library books?
(a) Books with lots of quotes.
(b) Books with many images.
(c) Poetry books.
(d) Lots of content with small margins and lots of words.
9. What did the farmer do?
(a) He offered his wine to the guerillas.
(b) He went out to care for his vines.
(c) He dug up his vine and empties his vats.
(d) He rescued his animals.
10. When did Jacques have time to do what he wanted?
(a) Saturdays and Sundays.
(d) Thursday and Sunday afternoons.
11. What was Josephin's relationship to Ernest?
(a) They were brothers.
(b) They were best friends.
(c) Ernest was Josephin's father.
(d) They were enemies.
12. What type of relationship did students have with teachers at the lycee?
(a) They students silently resented the teachers.
(b) The teachers were aloof and had no respect for the students.
(c) They weren't close, but there was respect.
(d) They almost had a parent/child relationship.
13. What happened to Jacques at the cooperage?
(a) His finger was crushed.
(b) He fell into the fire.
(c) He was robbed.
(d) He was offered a full-time job.
14. What did Jacques and Pierre take to get to school?
(a) A train.
(c) A trolley.
(d) A taxi.
15. What happened after the fight between Ernest and Josephin?
(a) Josephin had to go to the hospital.
(b) They both began to cry and made up.
(c) Josephin stopped eating at the house.
(d) Ernest had to go to the hospital.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Jacques consider his country?
2. What pastime did Ernest thoroughly enjoy?
3. Why was Jacques one of the teacher's pets?
4. What did the uncle and grandmother say Jacques had?
5. What element of nature did Jacques truly appreciate?
This section contains 496 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)