|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Jacques feel when he got the hen?
(c) He was sick with disgust and fear.
2. Where did Pierre and Jacques spend some of their free time?
(a) At the soldier's home.
(b) They rode the trolley around town.
(c) Studying in the cellar.
(d) At the lycee, talking with tutors.
3. What did Jacques see in his half-dream state?
(a) His teacher.
(b) His grandmother.
(c) The guerillas.
(d) His father.
4. What was the relationship like between Ernest and Jacques?
(a) They were close.
(b) Ernest tolerated the boy.
(c) Ernest thought Jacques was a burden.
(d) They were polite to each other, but didn't get close.
5. What did the farmer do?
(a) He rescued his animals.
(b) He dug up his vine and empties his vats.
(c) He went out to care for his vines.
(d) He offered his wine to the guerillas.
6. What happened after the fight between Ernest and Josephin?
(a) Ernest had to go to the hospital.
(b) Josephin stopped eating at the house.
(c) Josephin had to go to the hospital.
(d) They both began to cry and made up.
7. What did Jacques ask Veillard about?
(d) His father.
8. What did Pierre and Jacques pass on the way to school?
(b) A series of shops.
(c) The girls' school.
(d) The beach.
9. What did Jacques like in his library books?
(a) Books with many images.
(b) Poetry books.
(c) Lots of content with small margins and lots of words.
(d) Books with lots of quotes.
10. What did the Cormerys do on vacation?
(a) They didn't get vacations.
(b) They went to the mountains.
(c) They worked on their house.
(d) They took trips to the beach.
11. Why was Jacques one of the teacher's pets?
(a) Because the teacher loved Jacques' mother.
(b) He considered all the boys with fathers who died in the war his pets.
(c) Because of his good grades.
(d) Because he never got into trouble.
12. What had changed since Henri and Lucie lived there?
(b) Everything was even more dilapidated.
(c) The house was bigger.
(d) Everything. All the original buildings were gone.
13. What did Jacques have to give up to be friends with Georges?
(a) Eating meat.
(b) His love of reading.
(c) His sandwich at lunchtime.
(d) Saying dirty words.
14. What element of nature did Jacques truly appreciate?
(a) The rain.
(b) The wind.
(c) The sun.
(d) The snow.
15. What religious education did Jacques have to go through?
(a) Classes for his baptism.
(b) Classes for Arabic.
(c) Sunday school.
(d) Classes for his first communion.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened when Jacques told his mother and grandmother that he had a chance at getting a higher education?
2. What was the hallway like?
3. What did the grandmother think of Lucie's haircut?
4. What could Jacques identify by smell?
5. Where did Veillard's ancestors come from?
This section contains 504 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)