|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Tamzal feel about war?
(a) He abhorred it.
(b) He felt it was more normal than peace.
(c) He thought is was something everyone should engage in.
(d) He thought war was a strange beast.
2. How did Jacques define his religious preferences?
(a) He was a non-practicing Catholic.
(b) He was an agnostic.
(c) He was an atheist.
(d) He was a strict Catholic.
3. How did Jacques feel about the light?
(a) It made his heart grow lighter.
(b) It was a waste of money.
(c) He felt it disguised the true darkness around him.
(d) It glared harshly on their poverty.
4. How did Jacques feel about making money for his family?
(a) He was happy to do it.
(b) He felt it was his obligation.
(c) He resented the fact that he had to do it.
(d) He took great pride in it.
5. What did Jacques like in his library books?
(a) Poetry books.
(b) Lots of content with small margins and lots of words.
(c) Books with lots of quotes.
(d) Books with many images.
6. What had changed since Henri and Lucie lived there?
(a) The house was bigger.
(b) Everything. All the original buildings were gone.
(c) Everything was even more dilapidated.
7. What did the hens start to do when Jacques came near?
(a) Nothing. They were used to him.
(b) Come toward him for food.
(d) Run away.
8. What made the mother and grandmother proud?
(a) They met some very important people and got along with them.
(b) They had a strong background.
(c) Jacques won an award.
(d) They had the nicest clothes.
9. Who was the old man with the canary that Jacques went to visit?
(a) His former teacher.
(b) His old boss.
(c) His uncle.
(d) His best friend from childhood.
10. How was the outside in comparison to the hallway?
11. What did Jacques pass on his way to Mondavi?
(a) A large church.
(b) Jeeps with guns.
(c) His father's grave.
(d) Beautiful landscapes.
12. What kind of lighting did they have in the house?
(a) They tapped into the city's electricity.
(b) The grandmother would light a lamp.
(c) They had no light sources.
(d) They used a generator for electricity.
13. Who was the common enemy in the neighborhood?
(a) The police.
(b) The school teacher.
(c) The gang from the next neighborhood.
(d) The dogcatcher.
14. What was the political situation like?
(a) It was a time of peace.
(b) Things were about to blow apart into warfare.
(c) There were negotiations for peace.
(d) It was a time of unrest, and it wasn't safe to live there.
15. What was Jacques' punishment for the fight he was in?
(a) He had to stay in the corner and miss recess.
(b) He was sent home.
(c) He was whipped.
(d) He was suspended from school.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was Jacques one of the teacher's pets?
2. What pastime did Ernest thoroughly enjoy?
3. What world did Jacques become most part of?
4. What did Jacques have to write down to describe his mother's work?
5. What were people drawn to in Ernest, including Jacques' grandmother?
This section contains 547 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)