|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What would Jacques tell his family about the lycee during dinner?
(a) Anecdotes highlighting other students.
(c) His most interesting teacher of the day.
(d) His homework
2. What did Jacques learn about his father from Veillard?
(a) He learned that his father was a strictly religious man.
(b) He learned that his father had a great sense of humor.
(c) He learned that his father was a hard worker.
(d) Nothing. The man knew nothing about the Henri.
3. What did the uncle and grandmother say Jacques had?
4. Who was the old man with the canary that Jacques went to visit?
(a) His former teacher.
(b) His uncle.
(c) His best friend from childhood.
(d) His old boss.
5. What book did the teacher read to the students?
(a) McGuffey's Reader.
(b) A book on etiquette.
(c) The Holy Bible.
(d) A book about World War I.
6. What element of nature did Jacques truly appreciate?
(a) The rain.
(b) The snow.
(c) The wind.
(d) The sun.
7. Who was the common enemy in the neighborhood?
(a) The police.
(b) The dogcatcher.
(c) The school teacher.
(d) The gang from the next neighborhood.
8. What did Jacques feel about summer camp?
(a) He couldn't wait to go.
(b) It was his escape from his poverty.
(c) He hoped to work at the camp someday.
(d) He thought it more of a punishment than a privilege.
9. What did Pierre and Jacques treat themselves with when they had extra money?
(a) A plain fritter.
(b) A newspaper.
(c) A new book.
(d) Nothing. They saved all the money they could get.
10. What was the relationship like between Ernest and Jacques?
(a) Ernest thought Jacques was a burden.
(b) They were close.
(c) Ernest tolerated the boy.
(d) They were polite to each other, but didn't get close.
11. What kind of lighting did they have in the house?
(a) They tapped into the city's electricity.
(b) They used a generator for electricity.
(c) The grandmother would light a lamp.
(d) They had no light sources.
12. What could Jacques identify by smell?
(a) The different rooms in the school.
(c) The weather.
13. What disability did Ernest have?
(a) He was missing an arm.
(b) He was completely deaf.
(c) He had heart problems.
(d) He was blind.
14. What happened after the fight between Ernest and Josephin?
(a) They both began to cry and made up.
(b) Josephin stopped eating at the house.
(c) Ernest had to go to the hospital.
(d) Josephin had to go to the hospital.
15. How was the outside in comparison to the hallway?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the hallway like?
2. What did Jacques have to give up to be friends with Georges?
3. What did Jacques see in his half-dream state?
4. What world did Jacques become most part of?
5. What was the journey like for the original settlers?
This section contains 504 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)