|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did the wife respond to her pain.
(a) She ignored it.
(b) She screamed.
(c) She wouldn't stop complaining.
(d) She tried not to show it.
2. How did the man react to all the waiting he had to do in his travels?
(a) It made him angry, and he started yelling at the others in line.
(b) He became depressed.
(c) He was patient.
(d) He demanded to talk with the manager.
3. How did Lucie and her husband travel on the last stage of their trip to their new home?
4. How does Malan describe Jacques?
5. Whose grave was the traveler looking for?
(a) The Arab.
(b) Henri Cormery.
(c) Jacques Cormery.
(d) Lucie Cormery.
6. How did the husband respond when the doctor asked if he had other children?
(a) He said he had a four-year-old boy in Algiers with his mother-in-law.
(b) He said he had no other children.
(c) He asked why the doctor needed to know.
(d) He started crying.
7. What did the children do in their meeting place?
(a) They talked about their future.
(b) They created gaming strategies.
(c) They made plans for mischief.
(d) They shared candy and made forts.
8. How does Malan feel about Jacques finding out more about his father?
(a) He doesn't think it's wise.
(b) He think the idea is funny.
(c) He thinks it's a great idea.
(d) He doesn't understand why he would want to.
9. What did Jacques like about Malan?
(a) He could do any type of job necessary.
(b) He really reached out and cared for others.
(c) He was super intelligent.
(d) He did his own thing.
10. How old is Malan?
11. How did the husband respond to the wife?
(a) He told her to stop her whining.
(b) He was concerned about her.
(c) He ignored.
(d) He yelled at her angrily.
12. Why did Jacques go to visit his father?
(a) He wanted to find out more about the man.
(b) He wanted to make peace with his father.
(c) He wanted to tell his dad how he felt.
(d) His mother had asked him to.
13. Why was Lucie afraid?
(a) She had nightmares about her husband's death when she slept.
(b) She didn't want to die.
(c) She was worried that she wouldn't have money to survive.
(d) Two bombs had exploded in her area that week.
14. Why did the women laugh when the doctor arrived?
(a) He was joking with them.
(b) They thought he was a fool.
(c) The baby was already born.
(d) He looked like a drowned rat.
15. What was Victor Malan's job?
(c) Customs administration.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the weather like as Lucie and her husband traveled to their new home?
2. What was Jacques' job at the theater?
3. What was the husband's new job?
4. What year did Lucie say she was born?
5. What disability did Jacques's uncle have?
This section contains 549 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)