|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What disability did Jacques's uncle have?
(a) He was blind.
(b) He was deaf.
(c) He was half mute.
(d) He was a mute.
2. How did the man react to those traveling near him?
(a) He stayed as far away from them as possible.
(b) He mentally made up stories about each one them.
(c) He tried to talk with everyone.
(d) He pulled out a magazine and kept to himself.
3. How did Jacques feel when the evening came?
(a) He wasn't ready to leave the grave.
(b) He knew that he would be back as soon as possible.
(c) He wanted to get as far away as possible.
(d) He knew in his heart that he had to bring his mother there.
4. Why was the wife in pain as they traveled?
(a) She had a bad back.
(b) She suffered from migraines.
(c) She was in labor.
(d) She had a broken leg.
5. How did the wife respond to her pain.
(a) She ignored it.
(b) She wouldn't stop complaining.
(c) She screamed.
(d) She tried not to show it.
6. What message did he give Jacques?
(a) Stay away from marriage.
(b) There is no relationship better than that between a father and son.
(c) Education is more important than anything on Earth.
(d) We never really know people even when we think we know them.
7. What was Jacques' job at the theater?
(a) He was in charge of telling the family when the film was about to begin.
(b) He ran and got the snacks for his family.
(c) He read the captions to his grandmother.
(d) He helped seat everyone.
8. What sound did Jacques hear before he left the graveyard?
(a) He heard an explosion as an invisible plane broke the sound barrier.
(b) He heard his father's voice whispering to him.
(c) He heard a car crash.
(d) He heard birds preparing for the night.
9. How old is Malan?
10. How did they split the fries?
(a) They boy who bought got half, and the rest was split evenly.
(b) Each boy got one fry, and the one who bought them got the rest.
(c) They each got an even share.
(d) They didn't share, and the ones without money had to watch the other boys eat.
11. What was the sea like?
(a) Treacherous yet warm.
(b) Gentle and warm.
(c) Gentle yet cold.
(d) Treacherous and cold.
12. What was the baby like?
(a) It was a sickly boy.
(b) It was a sturdy girl.
(c) It was a sturdy boy.
(d) It was a sickly girl.
13. How did Henri feel about some of the actions he saw in the war?
(a) He accepted the actions as something soldiers must do.
(b) He was horrified and said no man would act like that.
(c) He thought the enemy deserved all they got.
(d) He was disgusted but not surprised.
14. How does Malan feel about Jacques finding out more about his father?
(a) He thinks it's a great idea.
(b) He doesn't understand why he would want to.
(c) He doesn't think it's wise.
(d) He think the idea is funny.
15. What did Lucie do in the evenings when Etienne wasn't there?
(a) She knitted a blanket.
(b) She lies down doing nothing.
(c) She read.
(d) She called her family members on the phone.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Malan ask for forgiveness?
2. Why does Jacques say he's different around Malan?
3. How did Max gain his popularity?
4. What did Lucie think about movies?
5. How did the man surprise the chambermaid at the hotel?
This section contains 663 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)