|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Lucie think about movies?
(a) She wanted to be a movie star.
(b) She felt that the theater was too crowded.
(c) The theater wasn't a treat for her.
(d) She appreciated her escape from reality.
2. How were the children in the theater kept in line?
(a) They were bribed with candy.
(b) With a whip
(c) They were kicked out if they were noisy.
(d) They had to stand in a corner if they didn't behave.
3. Where did he and his friends stop on the way to the field?
(a) The post office.
(b) The waterspout.
(c) The market.
(d) The candy store.
4. What year did Lucie say she was born?
(b) She didn't know when she was born.
5. How long had Malan and Jacques been friends?
(a) 10 years.
(b) 40 years.
(c) 20 years.
(d) 5 years.
6. What year did the husband and wife move from Algiers?
7. What did Jacques like about Malan?
(a) He really reached out and cared for others.
(b) He did his own thing.
(c) He could do any type of job necessary.
(d) He was super intelligent.
8. Why was it difficult for Catherine to understand the films?
(a) She was distracted by the children around her.
(b) She couldn't hear.
(c) She was illiterate.
(d) The actor's vocabulary was too advanced for her.
9. What did Jacques realize about his grandmother?
(a) She resented his presence in her life.
(b) She thought he was a nuisance.
(c) She loved him.
(d) It was painful for her to be with him since he was so similar to his father.
10. What made the African troops stand out?
(a) Their brightly colored uniforms.
(b) Their optimism.
(c) Their strategic fighting skills.
(d) Their aggressive fighting style.
11. Where did Jacques' mother live?
(a) In the house where he grew up.
(b) In the nursing home.
(c) In a little cottage.
(d) Right near the beach.
12. Where was Henri's family from?
13. What was the sea like?
(a) Treacherous and cold.
(b) Treacherous yet warm.
(c) Gentle yet cold.
(d) Gentle and warm.
14. How old is Malan?
15. What aura did the man emanate?
(a) One of insecurity.
(b) One of menace.
(c) One of competence and vigor.
(d) One of intrigue.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why didn't Jacques' grandmother want him to play soccer?
2. Whose grave was the traveler looking for?
3. What handicap did Lucie have?
4. What does Jacques think about Henri's early death?
5. How did Jacques' grandmother respond to his escapades?
This section contains 466 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)