|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Jacques realize about his father?
(a) His father was a hero to many.
(b) His father made a positive impact on many people's lives.
(c) The man was prone to anger.
(d) He was younger than Jacques when he died.
2. What did Jacques say happened to the coin?
(a) He said he lost it.
(b) He said that he gave it to a beggar.
(c) He said someone stole it.
(d) He said he spent it and forgot to get change.
3. Who would Jacques take a siesta with when he was younger?
(a) His brother.
(b) His uncle.
(c) His grandmother.
(d) His mother.
4. What does Jacques tell Malan he's willing to give him?
(a) Money for a train ride.
(b) Rent money.
(d) Everything he has.
5. Why did Jacques go to visit his father?
(a) He wanted to make peace with his father.
(b) He wanted to find out more about the man.
(c) He wanted to tell his dad how he felt.
(d) His mother had asked him to.
6. What did Malan look like?
(a) An Arab.
(b) The stereotypical Frenchman.
(c) A Chinese man.
(d) A troubadour.
7. What was the sea like?
(a) Gentle yet cold.
(b) Treacherous and cold.
(c) Treacherous yet warm.
(d) Gentle and warm.
8. How did Jacques feel about being on a boat?
(a) He always got sea sick.
(b) He worried about drowning.
(c) He thought it was fine, but preferred trains.
(d) He loved the sound and feel of being on a boat.
9. What disability did Jacques's uncle have?
(a) He was a mute.
(b) He was blind.
(c) He was half mute.
(d) He was deaf.
10. How did Max gain his popularity?
(a) He punched Gigot.
(b) He stole candy for them.
(c) He was amazing at sports.
(d) He was a spy for the group.
11. What game was Pierre good at?
(a) Poor man's tennis.
(b) Poor man's basketball.
12. How did Jacques feel when the evening came?
(a) He knew that he would be back as soon as possible.
(b) He wanted to get as far away as possible.
(c) He knew in his heart that he had to bring his mother there.
(d) He wasn't ready to leave the grave.
13. What year did Lucie say she was born?
(a) She didn't know when she was born.
14. How did Jacques feel about Paris?
(a) He thrived in the atmosphere of the city.
(b) He loved it.
(c) He refused to go back there.
(d) He didn't like it.
15. What was the baby like?
(a) It was a sturdy boy.
(b) It was a sickly girl.
(c) It was a sickly boy.
(d) It was a sturdy girl.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the husband's new job?
2. What was the weather like as Lucie and her husband traveled to their new home?
3. What did Lucie do with the letter announcing her husband's death?
4. What did they name the child?
5. Why does Jacques say he's different around Malan?
This section contains 549 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)