|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Lucie do with the letter announcing her husband's death?
(a) She put it in her pocket since she couldn't read.
(b) She burned it.
(c) She read it then put it in the family album.
(d) She tore it up.
2. How did the man react to all the waiting he had to do in his travels?
(a) He demanded to talk with the manager.
(b) It made him angry, and he started yelling at the others in line.
(c) He was patient.
(d) He became depressed.
3. Why did Malan help Jacques at the beginning of their friendship?
(a) He felt like a father to Jacques.
(b) He felt like Jacques was his mirror image.
(c) He pitied Jacques.
(d) He felt that Jacques was gifted.
4. What instrument did Jacques do best with?
(a) The violin.
(b) The flute.
(c) His voice.
(d) The cello.
5. What did Jacques say happened to the coin?
(a) He said someone stole it.
(b) He said he spent it and forgot to get change.
(c) He said that he gave it to a beggar.
(d) He said he lost it.
6. What did the children do in their meeting place?
(a) They created gaming strategies.
(b) They shared candy and made forts.
(c) They talked about their future.
(d) They made plans for mischief.
7. How did they split the fries?
(a) They didn't share, and the ones without money had to watch the other boys eat.
(b) Each boy got one fry, and the one who bought them got the rest.
(c) They boy who bought got half, and the rest was split evenly.
(d) They each got an even share.
8. Who was the traveler?
(b) The Arab.
9. How did the husband respond to the wife?
(a) He was concerned about her.
(b) He ignored.
(c) He told her to stop her whining.
(d) He yelled at her angrily.
10. What was Jacques like with his mother?
(a) They refused to see each other.
(b) They loved each other very much.
(c) It was a polite yet distant relationship.
(d) It was a strained relationship.
11. How long had Malan and Jacques been friends?
(a) 20 years.
(b) 5 years.
(c) 10 years.
(d) 40 years.
12. How did the man react to those traveling near him?
(a) He stayed as far away from them as possible.
(b) He tried to talk with everyone.
(c) He pulled out a magazine and kept to himself.
(d) He mentally made up stories about each one them.
13. What message did he give Jacques?
(a) We never really know people even when we think we know them.
(b) There is no relationship better than that between a father and son.
(c) Education is more important than anything on Earth.
(d) Stay away from marriage.
14. Who would Jacques take a siesta with when he was younger?
(a) His uncle.
(b) His brother.
(c) His grandmother.
(d) His mother.
15. What was the weather like as Lucie and her husband traveled to their new home?
(a) It was starting to snow.
(b) It was raining.
(c) It was a beautiful day.
(d) A tornado was chasing them.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Jacques feel about being on a boat?
2. What did Jacques like about Malan?
3. How did the husband respond when the doctor asked if he had other children?
4. What did Lucie think about movies?
5. Why did he like his small town?
This section contains 638 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)