|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did the husband respond to the wife?
(a) He told her to stop her whining.
(b) He ignored.
(c) He yelled at her angrily.
(d) He was concerned about her.
2. How did Jacques feel when the evening came?
(a) He knew that he would be back as soon as possible.
(b) He wanted to get as far away as possible.
(c) He wasn't ready to leave the grave.
(d) He knew in his heart that he had to bring his mother there.
3. How would Jacques learn more about his father?
(a) From his grandmother.
(b) From his mother.
(c) From his uncle.
(d) He would have to research the man on his own.
4. What year did the husband and wife move from Algiers?
5. What does Jacques tell Malan he's willing to give him?
(b) Rent money.
(c) Money for a train ride.
(d) Everything he has.
6. How did Jacques feel about Paris?
(a) He refused to go back there.
(b) He thrived in the atmosphere of the city.
(c) He loved it.
(d) He didn't like it.
7. Where was Henri's family from?
8. How did Henri feel about some of the actions he saw in the war?
(a) He thought the enemy deserved all they got.
(b) He accepted the actions as something soldiers must do.
(c) He was horrified and said no man would act like that.
(d) He was disgusted but not surprised.
9. What did Jacques like about Malan?
(a) He did his own thing.
(b) He really reached out and cared for others.
(c) He could do any type of job necessary.
(d) He was super intelligent.
10. How did Max gain his popularity?
(a) He was a spy for the group.
(b) He stole candy for them.
(c) He punched Gigot.
(d) He was amazing at sports.
11. Where did the husband go to find a doctor?
(a) He went to a neighboring tribe.
(b) He went to a neighbor.
(c) He didn't go anywhere since he knew there were no doctors around.
(d) He went to the village they passed on the way to their house.
12. How did Jacques feel about siestas?
(a) He found them relaxing and pleasant.
(b) He looked forward to going to bed.
(c) He hated them.
(d) He knew he needed them.
13. Where did the boys sneak away to in the summer?
(a) The ball field.
(b) The stables.
(c) The beach.
(d) The market.
14. What instrument did Jacques do best with?
(a) The violin.
(b) The flute.
(c) The cello.
(d) His voice.
15. Why did Malan ask for forgiveness?
(a) Sometimes he cares too much.
(b) He doesn't understand what Jacques is going through.
(c) He is a bitter man.
(d) Sometimes he doesn't know how to respond to caring.
Short Answer Questions
1. What aura did the man emanate?
2. What was Jacques like with his mother?
3. How did the man surprise the chambermaid at the hotel?
4. What does Jacques think about Henri's early death?
5. What was the population like around their new home?
This section contains 585 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)