|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jacques tell Malan he's willing to give him?
(a) Money for a train ride.
(c) Rent money.
(d) Everything he has.
2. What did Lucie do in the evenings when Etienne wasn't there?
(a) She called her family members on the phone.
(b) She read.
(c) She knitted a blanket.
(d) She lies down doing nothing.
3. Who had the most influence in Jacques' childhood?
(a) His grandmother.
(b) His father.
(c) His brother.
(d) His mother.
4. How did Jacques feel about going back to Algiers?
(a) He dreaded it.
(b) He refused to ever go back.
(c) He embraced the idea of going back with gusto.
(d) He was filled with happy anxiety.
5. How did Max gain his popularity?
(a) He was amazing at sports.
(b) He was a spy for the group.
(c) He stole candy for them.
(d) He punched Gigot.
6. How did the husband respond to the wife?
(a) He told her to stop her whining.
(b) He ignored.
(c) He was concerned about her.
(d) He yelled at her angrily.
7. What was Jacques' job at the theater?
(a) He ran and got the snacks for his family.
(b) He helped seat everyone.
(c) He was in charge of telling the family when the film was about to begin.
(d) He read the captions to his grandmother.
8. How did the man surprise the chambermaid at the hotel?
(a) He was irrational.
(b) He gave her flowers.
(c) He gave her a tip even though he wouldn't let her carry his bag.
(d) He passed out in the hallway.
9. What did the children do in their meeting place?
(a) They created gaming strategies.
(b) They made plans for mischief.
(c) They talked about their future.
(d) They shared candy and made forts.
10. Why does Jacques say he's different around Malan?
(a) He loves Malan.
(b) Malan has a way of making him feel stupid.
(c) Malan commands respect.
(d) Malan has a way of making him feel smarter.
11. Where did the boys sneak away to in the summer?
(a) The market.
(b) The stables.
(c) The beach.
(d) The ball field.
12. What did the boys fill their pockets with?
13. How did Jacques feel when the evening came?
(a) He knew that he would be back as soon as possible.
(b) He wanted to get as far away as possible.
(c) He knew in his heart that he had to bring his mother there.
(d) He wasn't ready to leave the grave.
14. How did Lucie and her husband travel on the last stage of their trip to their new home?
15. What did they name the child?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the population like around their new home?
2. What did Jacques say happened to the coin?
3. What handicap did Lucie have?
4. What was the baby like?
5. How did Henri react to the execution he witnessed?
This section contains 560 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)