Short Essay Answer Key
1. Why did Henri and Lucie leave Algiers?
Henri had a new job as manager at Saint-Apotre. They were going there to live while he worked there.
2. What was the journey like on the way to the new house?
The trip was exhausting. First they had to take a boat ride then a wagon ride in the rain.
3. What were their first impressions of their new home and homeland?
There weren't many people around. The house was simple, and had an air of being unused.
4. How did Lucie react to the situation she was in?
She tried not to show the pain she was in. However, she was practical. She allowed others to help her even though the situation was strange.
5. How did Henri show his love for Lucie?
He kept asking her if she was all right. Once they reached the...
This section contains 2,046 words|
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)