|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, The Son or The First Man, The Chicken Coop and Cutting the Hen's Throat.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Jacques learn about his father from Veillard?
(a) He learned that his father was a strictly religious man.
(b) Nothing. The man knew nothing about the Henri.
(c) He learned that his father was a hard worker.
(d) He learned that his father had a great sense of humor.
2. How would Jacques learn more about his father?
(a) He would have to research the man on his own.
(b) From his uncle.
(c) From his grandmother.
(d) From his mother.
3. What does Malan think about Henri's early death?
(a) He thinks that's what one deserves when he goes off to war.
(b) He is sad when thinking about the joys in life that Henri missed.
(c) He thinks he was spared suffering.
(d) He thinks it's tragic.
4. Why was the wife in pain as they traveled?
(a) She suffered from migraines.
(b) She had a bad back.
(c) She was in labor.
(d) She had a broken leg.
5. What did Lucie do with the letter announcing her husband's death?
(a) She read it then put it in the family album.
(b) She burned it.
(c) She put it in her pocket since she couldn't read.
(d) She tore it up.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Jacques feel about summer camp?
2. What did Lucie think of the political situation when her husband went off to war?
3. How did Jacques feel about his father?
4. What did Jacques pass on his way to Mondavi?
5. Who was standing in the corridor of the Saint-Brieuc train 40 years after Henri and Lucie had their child?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)