|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Search for the Father, The Father. His Death The War. The Bombing.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did the man react to those traveling near him?
(a) He stayed as far away from them as possible.
(b) He tried to talk with everyone.
(c) He pulled out a magazine and kept to himself.
(d) He mentally made up stories about each one them.
2. How did the man react to all the waiting he had to do in his travels?
(a) He became depressed.
(b) It made him angry, and he started yelling at the others in line.
(c) He demanded to talk with the manager.
(d) He was patient.
3. What made the African troops stand out?
(a) Their brightly colored uniforms.
(b) Their aggressive fighting style.
(c) Their optimism.
(d) Their strategic fighting skills.
4. What was Victor Malan's job?
(a) Customs administration.
5. How did Jacques feel about being on a boat?
(a) He worried about drowning.
(b) He always got sea sick.
(c) He loved the sound and feel of being on a boat.
(d) He thought it was fine, but preferred trains.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Lucie do with the letter announcing her husband's death?
2. What was the husband's new job?
3. Where did the boys sneak away to in the summer?
4. What aura did the man emanate?
5. Where did the traveler walk to when he left his hotel?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)