|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Search for the Father, Saint Brieuc and Malan (J.G.).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did the Arab go to find?
(a) His wife.
(b) A doctor.
(c) His sister.
(d) His daughter-in-law.
2. How does Malan describe Jacques?
3. Why was the wife in pain as they traveled?
(a) She had a bad back.
(b) She suffered from migraines.
(c) She was in labor.
(d) She had a broken leg.
4. What does Jacques think about Henri's early death?
(a) He is sad when thinking about the joys in life that Henri missed.
(b) He thinks it's tragic.
(c) He thinks that's what one deserves when he goes off to war.
(d) He thinks he was spared suffering.
5. What was the husband's new job?
(a) He was the veterinarian at the Saint-Apotre property.
(b) He was the owner of the Saint-Apotre property.
(c) He was manager at the Saint-Apotre property.
(d) He was the smithy at the Saint-Apotre property.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Lucie and her husband travel on the last stage of their trip to their new home?
2. What part of the cemetery did the traveler specifically go to?
3. What was the mattress in the new house like?
4. What did Jacques realize about his father?
5. How did the wife respond to her pain.
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)