|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Search for the Father, Saint Brieuc and Malan (J.G.).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the population like around their new home?
(a) There weren't many people.
(b) It was a city.
(c) It was a friendly neighborhood where families stayed outside in the evenings to talk.
(d) There were a few people, but the people shunned them.
2. What sound did Jacques hear before he left the graveyard?
(a) He heard a car crash.
(b) He heard his father's voice whispering to him.
(c) He heard birds preparing for the night.
(d) He heard an explosion as an invisible plane broke the sound barrier.
3. Who was standing in the corridor of the Saint-Brieuc train 40 years after Henri and Lucie had their child?
(a) A man.
(b) A priest.
(c) A soldier.
(d) The Arab.
4. What does Malan think about Henri's early death?
(a) He is sad when thinking about the joys in life that Henri missed.
(b) He thinks he was spared suffering.
(c) He thinks it's tragic.
(d) He thinks that's what one deserves when he goes off to war.
5. What happened when the husband knocked on the door at the doctor's house?
(a) People came scurrying out.
(b) The doctor came out, full of concern.
(c) Nothing. No one answered at first.
(d) They yelled at him to leave.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Jacques like about Malan?
2. How did Lucie and her husband travel on the last stage of their trip to their new home?
3. Why did Malan ask for forgiveness?
4. How did Jacques' discovery about his father change his feelings toward him?
5. What did Malan look like?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)