|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Search for the Father, The Child's Games.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the mattress in the new house like?
(a) It was filthy and covered with mold.
(b) It was very comfortable.
(c) It smelled like damp hair.
(d) It was brand new.
2. Why does Jacques say he's different around Malan?
(a) Malan has a way of making him feel stupid.
(b) Malan has a way of making him feel smarter.
(c) Malan commands respect.
(d) He loves Malan.
3. What was the sea like?
(a) Gentle yet cold.
(b) Treacherous yet warm.
(c) Gentle and warm.
(d) Treacherous and cold.
4. How did the man react to those traveling near him?
(a) He stayed as far away from them as possible.
(b) He tried to talk with everyone.
(c) He mentally made up stories about each one them.
(d) He pulled out a magazine and kept to himself.
5. How did Jacques feel about siestas?
(a) He looked forward to going to bed.
(b) He found them relaxing and pleasant.
(c) He hated them.
(d) He knew he needed them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Malan think about Henri's early death?
2. How old is Malan?
3. Why did Jacques go to visit his father?
4. How long had Malan and Jacques been friends?
5. Who did the Arab go to find?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)