Part 1, Search for the Father, first section (unnamed)
• A man and wife are in a wagon with an Arab.
• The wife is in pain.
• The husband asks her how she feels.
• It begins to rain.
• They travel through a village to their new home.
• The husband runs off to find a doctor since his wife is in labor.
• They have a son who they name Jacques.
Part 1, Search for the Father, Saint-Brieuc
• 40-year-old Jacques goes to visit his father's grave in Saint-Brieuc.
• A caretaker shows him Henri's grave.
• Jacques realizes his father was only 29 when he died.
• Jacques feels a connection to his father that wasn't ever there before.
• He feels sorry for his dad.
• He leaves the cemetery.
Part 1, Search for the Father, Saint Brieuc and Malan (J.G.)
• Jacques visits his good friend Victor Malan.
• They discuss whether or not Jacques should find out more about...
This section contains 869 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)