Part 1, Search for the Father, first section (unnamed)
* A man and wife are in a wagon with an Arab.
* The wife is in pain.
* The husband asks her how she feels.
* It begins to rain.
* They travel through a village to their new home.
* The husband runs off to find a doctor since his wife is in labor.
* They have a son who they name Jacques.
Part 1, Search for the Father, Saint-Brieuc
* 40-year-old Jacques goes to visit his father's grave in Saint-Brieuc.
* A caretaker shows him Henri's grave.
* Jacques realizes his father was only 29 when he died.
* Jacques feels a connection to his father that wasn't ever there before.
* He feels sorry for his dad.
* He leaves the cemetery.
Part 1, Search for the Father, Saint Brieuc and Malan (J.G.)
* Jacques visits his good friend Victor Malan.
* They discuss whether or not Jacques should find out more about...
This section contains 718 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)