|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Rousseau want to live his life?
(d) In freedom.
2. What philosopher insists men always fight?
3. How do people see the weak according to Rousseau?
(a) As ignorant.
(b) In power.
(d) People try to not to see them.
4. What does Rousseau say are divided between amour-propre and primitive emotions?
(c) Good men.
(d) Repressed men.
5. What kind of place would Rousseau have loved to be born?
(a) A place where he could work.
(c) A place where people are equal in their job.
(d) A place where he can be the ruler.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rousseau say generates political distinction?
2. What does Rousseau think arises out of the property phenomenon?
3. What is the first language of man according to Rousseau?
4. Who does Rousseau say is wrong to think that because men have no natural sense of good that they must be wicked?
5. What principle does Rousseau think is an extremely important idea in his theory of the person?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Rousseau claim about the rich or the wealthy?
2. What does Rousseau discuss during his analysis of the metaphysical or moral side of man?
3. How does Chapter 3 open?
4. What does natural inequality produce, according to Rousseau?
5. What does nature give man?
6. What does Rousseau argue about humanity at the end of Chapter 3?
7. What happens as family grows?
8. What does philosophy do?
9. What happens when we give up liberty?
10. What does Rousseau argue about contemporary historical events?
This section contains 546 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)