|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rousseau say generates political distinction?
(a) Economical power.
(c) Civil distinction.
2. What principle does Rousseau think is an extremely important idea in his theory of the person?
(a) Love of others.
(c) Self preservation.
3. What does Rousseau encourage the youth to look forward to?
(b) Mild pleasures.
(c) Political power.
4. What does Rousseau want his rulers to consider?
(a) France's needs.
(b) Rousseau's needs.
(c) Hobbes' ideas.
(d) The people's needs.
5. What do the rich become when the new accumulation of riches is possible according to Rousseau?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rousseau claim people can look at to discover the current nature of humanity?
2. What does Rousseau say of the increasing knowledge in relation to the original state of man?
3. What does Rousseau say about the interests of the ruler and the people in the perfect city he would choose as birthplace?
4. What is rooted in passion according to Rousseau?
5. What has the power to disrupt society regularly?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens as men acquire more?
2. What do humans owe their ideas to, according to Rousseau?
3. How does Chapter 3 open?
4. What does Rousseau argue about humanity at the end of Chapter 3?
5. What does Rousseau seek to uncover according to Chapter 3?
6. What does Rousseau desire about law and the people?
7. What does Rousseau believe about those who create property rights in Chapter 5?
8. What does Rousseau lament in Chapter 3?
9. What are the two types of inequality among humans presented by Rousseau in Chapter 4?
10. What is the savage man's nature?
This section contains 603 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)