|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Chapter 3 dedicated to?
(a) Rousseau's mother.
(b) Rousseau's ruler.
(c) Rousseau's brother.
(d) Rousseau's sister.
2. Who theorizes that political authority originates with the father?
3. What kind of place would Rousseau have loved to be born?
(a) A place where he can be the ruler.
(c) A place where people are equal in their job.
(d) A place where he could work.
4. What does Rousseau say about the interests of the ruler and the people in the perfect city he would choose as birthplace?
(a) They are different.
(b) The interests of the people are more important.
(c) The interests of the ruler are more important.
(d) They are united.
5. What does Rousseau say a state should not have any desire for?
(d) Making people happy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rousseau think arises out of the property phenomenon?
2. Who does Rousseau say does not exhibit conditions to the same degree as modern man?
3. What does Rousseau want his countrymen to submit to?
4. What type of inequality is established by nature?
5. What principle does Rousseau think is an extremely important idea in his theory of the person?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Rousseau proceed in his discussion on the state of nature?
2. What does Rousseau lament in Chapter 3?
3. What does philosophy do?
4. What does Rousseau desire about law and the people?
5. What does Rousseau argue about humanity at the end of Chapter 3?
6. What does Rousseau claim about the rich or the wealthy?
7. What does nature give man?
8. What does Rousseau believe about those who create property rights in Chapter 5?
9. What are the two types of inequality among humans presented by Rousseau in Chapter 4?
10. How does Chapter 3 open?
This section contains 613 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)