|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do men become when they acquire more than others according to Rousseau?
2. What kind of place would Rousseau have loved to be born?
(a) A place where he could work.
(c) A place where people are equal in their job.
(d) A place where he can be the ruler.
3. Who theorizes that political authority originates with the father?
4. What does Rousseau ignore that he says is acquired through a long process?
(b) Artificial faculties.
(c) Scientific knowledge.
(d) Knowledge of the law.
5. What does Rousseau say of the process that makes men both wicked and sociable?
(a) It is recent.
(b) It could have occurred in many ways.
(c) It can be reverted.
(d) It occurs every day.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rousseau lament in Chapter 3?
2. Who should the law rule in Rousseau's perfect city?
3. What does Rousseau think arises out of the property phenomenon?
4. Who is Chapter 3 dedicated to?
5. Who does Rousseau say does not exhibit conditions to the same degree as modern man?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Rousseau claim about the rich or the wealthy?
2. What does Rousseau believe about those who create property rights in Chapter 5?
3. What does Rousseau seek to uncover according to Chapter 3?
4. What are the two conclusions about inequality that Rousseau traces at the end of Chapter 5?
5. What happens when we give up liberty?
6. How does Chapter 3 open?
7. What does nature give man?
8. What does Rousseau begin by supposing in Chapter 4?
9. What is the savage man's nature?
10. What natural enemies does man have, according to Rousseau?
This section contains 566 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)