|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Rousseau born according to the Introduction?
2. Why do men separate themselves according to Rousseau?
(a) To hide their vice.
(b) To think good thoughts.
(c) To plot against others.
(d) To play.
3. How does Rousseau qualify the time doing nothing as?
(b) Time to reflect.
4. What does Rousseau argue generates ethics?
5. What do lazy children perform according to Rousseau?
(a) Play games.
(b) Great art.
(d) Wicked deeds.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rousseau argue generates physics?
2. What is Chapter 1 about?
3. What is not superior to the present day?
4. What type of government does Rousseau say has no rationale and is against nature?
5. How does Rousseau say science produces war?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Rousseau believe about the growing size of society?
2. At the start of Chapter 1, what is Rousseau concerned about?
3. How does Rousseau depict men of today?
4. According to the Introduction, what has Jean-Jacques Rousseau inspired?
5. What are three main influences on Rousseau's work, according to the Introduction?
6. What does the Second Discourse focus on?
7. What examples of vanity does Rousseau give in Chapter 2?
8. How has art and science affected France, according to Chapter 1?
9. What does Rousseau believe about open discernment?
10. What does Rousseau state about artists?
This section contains 549 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)