|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, A Discourse on the Origin of Inequality, Appendix.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What knowledge cannot be imputed when imagining the state of nature according to Rousseau?
2. Whose view does Rousseau say is wrong concerning the state of nature?
(b) The French king's.
3. What is needed by arts according to Rousseau?
4. What does Rousseau say sciences does not improve?
5. What are the growing illegalities based on according to Rousseau?
(a) Talents of men.
(b) Country of origin.
(c) The social political make-up of the time.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Rousseau say is wrong to think that because men have no natural sense of good that they must be wicked?
2. What is needed by history according to Rousseau?
3. What does Rousseau want his countrymen to submit to?
4. What is, in science, more likely to result from speculation than truth?
5. Which place does the Dedication praise as a virtuous republic?
This section contains 176 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)