|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, A Discourse on the Origin of Inequality, Part Two.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which place does the Dedication praise as a virtuous republic?
2. Who does Rousseau say is wrong to think that because men have no natural sense of good that they must be wicked?
3. What type of democracy would Rousseau like?
(a) One without representatives.
(b) One where he is in charge.
(c) One that allows him to live peacefully.
(d) A bloated one.
4. When did Rousseau flee France?
5. What does Rousseau say of the increasing knowledge in relation to the original state of man?
(a) It make it better.
(b) It obscures it.
(c) It destroys it.
(d) It nurtures it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rousseau say is the reason for the increase he saw in France?
2. What example does Rousseau use to demonstrate the link between free time and vanity?
3. What philosopher insists men always fight?
4. What does Rousseau say men dwell on?
5. What does Rousseau say happened to what fell apart in Chapter 1?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)