|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, A Discourse on the Origin of Inequality, Part One.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rousseau say arts and sciences have aided the suppression of?
2. What does Rousseau want his countrymen to retain?
(a) Their democracy.
(b) Their banks.
(c) Their art.
(d) Their right to ignore the law.
3. What type of democracy would Rousseau like?
(a) A bloated one.
(b) One without representatives.
(c) One where he is in charge.
(d) One that allows him to live peacefully.
4. What is the first language of man according to Rousseau?
(b) Simple cry of nature.
5. What does Rousseau argue generates physics?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Chapter 1 about?
2. What does Rousseau say men came to love?
3. What does Rousseau say matters little in the pursuit of virtue?
4. What should academies organize society around?
5. How can what Rousseau say fell apart survive under?
This section contains 180 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)