|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, A Discourse on the Moral Effects of the Arts and Sciences, Part II.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rousseau say men are coming to?
(a) New reasons to make war.
(b) A new sort of intelligence
(c) Rediscover the old ways.
(d) A new sort of reason.
2. How would artists feel if they were to work amongst those who hate their work according to Rousseau?
3. Who attacked art and science according to Rousseau?
4. What type of government does Rousseau say has no rationale and is against nature?
(b) Hereditary monarchy.
5. What does Rousseau say arts and sciences restrict?
(a) Ability to think.
Short Answer Questions
1. What follows the spread of knowledge according to the First Discourse?
2. What is not superior to the present day?
3. What are the growing illegalities based on according to Rousseau?
4. What does Rousseau argue science often begins with in Chapter 2?
5. When did Rousseau die?
This section contains 172 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)