|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, A Discourse on the Moral Effects of the Arts and Sciences, Part II.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who attacked art and science according to Rousseau?
2. What follows the spread of knowledge according to the First Discourse?
3. What reflects in the science it helped produce?
4. What is Chapter 1 about?
(a) The best age to have children working.
(b) Relation between rulers and citizens.
(c) Moral effects of the arts and sciences.
(d) Democracy versus republic.
5. What does Rousseau argue the arts force men to reward people based on?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rousseau argue generates physics?
2. Why does Rousseau reject the notion of natural law?
3. Why do men separate themselves according to Rousseau?
4. What does Rousseau say arts and sciences restrict?
5. What does the pursuit of art and science not teach citizens?
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)