|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, A Discourse on the Origin of Inequality, Part Two.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Rousseau want to live his life?
(b) In freedom.
2. What does Rousseau argue generates geometry?
3. What does Rousseau say are divided between amour-propre and primitive emotions?
(b) Good men.
(d) Repressed men.
4. What were Hobbes, Spinoza and Locke critiquing?
(a) The rational basis of monarchy.
(b) Rousseau's relation with Frederick the Great.
(c) The rational basis of natural law and religion.
(d) People obsessed by material possession.
5. Who does Rousseau say does not exhibit conditions to the same degree as modern man?
(b) Ancient men.
Short Answer Questions
1. What would make the state decay according to Rousseau?
2. What is the First Discourse about according to the Introduction?
3. What question does Rousseau try to answer about society?
4. What did the man who invented property rights found according to Rousseau in Chapter 5?
5. What type of government does Rousseau say has no rationale and is against nature?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)