|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, A Discourse on the Origin of Inequality, Part Two.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many types of inequality does Rousseau see in Chapter 4?
(a) 5 types.
(b) 8 types.
(c) 3 types.
(d) 2 types.
2. What has the power to disrupt society regularly?
(a) The law.
(d) A revolution.
3. What does Rousseau encourage the youth to look forward to?
(a) Mild pleasures.
(b) Political power.
4. What did the "philosophes" think would happen to a society where false beliefs wither?
(a) It would rule the world.
(b) It would collapse.
(c) It would get better.
(d) Women would come to power.
5. What is Chapter 1 about?
(a) Relation between rulers and citizens.
(b) Democracy versus republic.
(c) Moral effects of the arts and sciences.
(d) The best age to have children working.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do people see the weak according to Rousseau?
2. What does Rousseau think arises out of the property phenomenon?
3. What does Rousseau say are divided between amour-propre and primitive emotions?
4. What does Rousseau say men are coming to?
5. What follows the spread of knowledge according to the First Discourse?
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)