|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, A Discourse on the Origin of Inequality, Part Two.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rousseau say preceded what men are coming to?
2. Who does Rousseau say does not exhibit conditions to the same degree as modern man?
(b) Ancient men.
3. What does Rousseau say that the men will soon require?
4. What are the two laws of nature and natural right according to Rousseau?
(a) Rational man and irrational nature.
(b) Physical nature and rational man.
(c) Physical nature and irrational man.
(d) Physical nature and the king is always right.
5. How does Rousseau want to live his life?
(d) In freedom.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rousseau say arts and sciences have aided the suppression of?
2. What does Rousseau say arts and sciences restrict?
3. What is Chapter 1 about?
4. What does Rousseau say men can hide from open discernment?
5. What do the rich become when the new accumulation of riches is possible according to Rousseau?
This section contains 192 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)