|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, A Discourse on the Origin of Inequality, Dedication and Preface.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rousseau say increased in France?
(a) The riches of the bourgeois.
(b) Riches, vice and oppression.
(d) The power of the noblemen.
2. What does Rousseau argue generates ethics?
3. What does Rousseau claim people can look at to discover the current nature of humanity?
(a) Contemporary historical events.
(b) His writings.
(d) The political system of Switzerland.
4. How does Rousseau qualify what humanity possessed even before the advent of art?
(b) Natural, but rude.
(c) Rude, but precious.
5. What does Rousseau say happened to what fell apart in Chapter 1?
(a) It was forgotten.
(b) It was resurrected.
(c) It was cast aside.
(d) It was taken over by new philosophers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What Saint influenced Rousseau's vision?
2. What are the two laws of nature and natural right according to Rousseau?
3. What is needed by the law according to Rousseau?
4. What does Rousseau say that the men will soon require?
5. What civilizations does Rousseau use to demonstrate his point on morality?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)