|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, A Discourse on the Origin of Inequality, Part Two.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rousseau say the restrictions imposed by arts and sciences do?
(a) Make people think.
(b) Make despotic governments bearable.
(c) Make people civilized.
(d) Make untalented people famous.
2. What does Rousseau say are divided between amour-propre and primitive emotions?
(a) Good men.
(c) Repressed men.
3. What do differing forms of government result from according to Rousseau?
(a) Different level of inequality.
(b) Different languages.
(c) Different amount of wealth.
(d) Different tyrants.
4. What does natural sentiment lead to according to Rousseau?
(a) Respecting the law.
5. What does Rousseau say at the end of Chapter 1 might contradict virtue?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rousseau say men are coming to?
2. What does Rousseau think arises out of the property phenomenon?
3. What type of government arises when inequality is the weakest?
4. What fell apart according to Rousseau?
5. Who is Chapter 3 dedicated to?
This section contains 184 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)