|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, A Discourse on the Origin of Inequality, Part Two.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rousseau encourage the youth to look forward to?
(b) Mild pleasures.
(d) Political power.
2. What does Rousseau say is the reason for the increase he saw in France?
(a) Art has become easily accessible.
(b) Men left their ignorance behind.
(c) The bourgeois extended their hold on the economy.
(d) Sciences made people want more.
3. What does Rousseau say of the needs and goals of the society compared to that of the government?
(a) They are always the same.
(b) They might not be the same.
(c) The needs of the government trump the ones of the people.
(d) The people should require that his needs be taken into account.
4. Who attacked art and science according to Rousseau?
5. What part of society increased according to Rousseau?
(a) It's reliance on science.
(b) It's thirst for knowledge?
(c) It's size.
(d) It's desire for art.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rousseau say might result only in ignorance?
2. What do men become when they acquire more than others according to Rousseau?
3. What is man's second feeling according to Rousseau?
4. What did the man who invented property rights found according to Rousseau in Chapter 5?
5. What does Rousseau say arts and sciences have aided the suppression of?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)