|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, A Discourse on the Origin of Inequality, Part Two.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of place would Rousseau have loved to be born?
(b) A place where he can be the ruler.
(c) A place where people are equal in their job.
(d) A place where he could work.
2. Why do the rich produce the state according to Rousseau?
(a) They need banks.
(b) They need to bind the poor with laws.
(c) They want power.
(d) They have much to lose.
3. What does Rousseau say men can hide from open discernment?
(a) Their motives.
(c) Their incompetence.
(d) Their love of God.
4. What does Rousseau encourage the youth to look forward to?
(a) Mild pleasures.
(d) Political power.
5. What does Rousseau say sciences does not improve?
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of democracy would Rousseau like?
2. According to Rousseau, who is forced to follow what men are doing?
3. What does Rousseau say happened to what fell apart in Chapter 1?
4. What follows the heels of metallurgy and agriculture?
5. What can magistrates easily usurp according to Rousseau?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)