1. Where was Rousseau born according to the Introduction?
2. When did Rousseau flee France?
3. When did Rousseau die?
4. What was the most popular form of government in Europe during Rousseau's time?
(b) Enlightened Despotism.
5. What Saint influenced Rousseau's vision?
(a) Saint Augustine.
(b) Saint John of the Cross
(c) Saint Thomas.
(d) Saint Thomas Aquinas.
6. What were Hobbes, Spinoza and Locke critiquing?
(a) People obsessed by material possession.
(b) The rational basis of natural law and religion.
(c) The rational basis of monarchy.
(d) Rousseau's relation with Frederick the Great.
7. What were Hobbes, Spinoza and Locke trying to avoid when they were building their theories?
(a) Displeasing the King.
(b) Having the same theory as Rousseau.
(c) Discussion about the law of nature.
(d) Metaphysical disputes.
8. What is best represented by the "Philosophes"?
(a) The Enlightenment.
(b) The French Revolution.
(d) Changes in the Monarchy.
This section contains 3,673 words
(approx. 13 pages at 300 words per page)