1. Where was Rousseau born according to the Introduction?
2. When did Rousseau flee France?
3. When did Rousseau die?
4. What was the most popular form of government in Europe during Rousseau's time?
(d) Enlightened Despotism.
5. What Saint influenced Rousseau's vision?
(a) Saint Thomas Aquinas.
(b) Saint Augustine.
(c) Saint John of the Cross
(d) Saint Thomas.
6. What were Hobbes, Spinoza and Locke critiquing?
(a) Rousseau's relation with Frederick the Great.
(b) The rational basis of natural law and religion.
(c) The rational basis of monarchy.
(d) People obsessed by material possession.
7. What were Hobbes, Spinoza and Locke trying to avoid when they were building their theories?
(a) Discussion about the law of nature.
(b) Metaphysical disputes.
(c) Having the same theory as Rousseau.
(d) Displeasing the King.
8. What is best represented by the "Philosophes"?
(a) The French Revolution.
(b) The Enlightenment.
(c) Changes in the Monarchy.
This section contains 3,673 words
(approx. 13 pages at 300 words per page)