|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Galad offer to get Nynaeve and the others?
2. What does Melindhra tell Mat as she is dying?
3. Why is Elayne angry at Nynaeve?
4. Why does Masema say Nynaeve is blessed?
5. What do Elayne and Nynaeve do on the boat?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Nynaeve and Galad talk about?
2. How does Moghedien come to be Nynaeve's captive?
3. Who is Masema and why does Uno take Nynaeve to see him?
4. Describe three of the refugees that make their way onto the boat with Elayne's group.
5. How does Elayne demonstrate her compassion and potential as the next queen of Andor when they are leaving a boat out of Samara?
6. How does Brigitte come to be Elayne's warder?
7. What do the nobles of Cairhien ask of Rand and what is Rand's response?
8. What does Moiraine give Rand?
9. What does Min share with Elayne about Rand from one of Min's visions that involves Min and Elayne? What is Elayne's response?
10. What does Uno offer Nynaeve and what is her response?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Several of the Forsaken appear in THE FIRES OF HEAVEN. Discuss the following:
Who are the Forsaken and what is their role in the Wheel of Time series (You should be able to figure this out through what is said in THE FIRES OF HEAVEN.
Compare/contrast the Forsaken with those in power that are supposedly on the "good" side--such as the Aes Sedai, the Whitecloaks and some Aiel.
Discuss the implications of Nynaeve being able to capture Moghedien and Rand having Asmodean to heel.
Essay Topic 2
Elayne is one of the three women that Min saw in Rand's future, along with herself. The third will be the Aiel woman, Aviendha. Discuss the following:
Why do you think Jordan has Rand involved (eventually) with three women?
Does Rand's involvement with three women throughout the series add or subtract from the main story? Explain your reasoning.
Do you think it is believable that the three women are willing to share Rand's affections? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Wise Ones of the Aiel are similar to Aes Sedai in that they are able to wield the one power. Discuss one of the following:
Compare/contrast Wise Ones to Aes Sedai.
Would you rather join the ranks of the Wise Ones or Aes Sedai if you knew you could channel? Explain fully.
All Wise Ones are not good, nor are all Aes Sedai good. What are the increased dangers of those who can channel being darkfriends versus just normal human beings? Why do you think there are there more black Ajah than Wise Ones who have gone over to the Dark Lord?
This section contains 1,130 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)