Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is laid out on the floor?
2. What favor does Nynaeve ask of Masema?
3. What does Gareth ask for in return for his aid?
4. What do the Aes Sedai in Salidar ask Gareth Bryne?
5. Why does Elayne bond Birgitte as a Warder?
Essay Topic 1
Choose one of the following to discuss:
1. Compare/contrast Rand to Rahvin. Who seems more powerful? What are each goals? Are both either all good or all evil? Who is more likable? How do both use their political power?
2. Compare/contrast Nynaeve to Elayne. How are their goals similar and/or different? What is the difference in the way they interact with people? Who is more idealistic? Harsh? Powerful? How do their magical talents compare?
3. Compare/contrast Siuan to Leane. How do they approach their stilling in different ways? Who is more likable? Who is the more sympathetic character? Or are either? Are they both good? Evil? Or a combination?
Essay Topic 2
Symbols are an important part of the story of THE FIRES OF HEAVEN. Some of the symbols carry over from other books in the series. Discuss one of the following:
1. One of the most important symbols of the entire Wheel of Time series is that of the Dragon. Discuss and analyze using specific examples the symbol of the dragon.
2. One of the characters, Min Farseer, sees symbols circling the heads of many of the characters. Discuss the symbols Min sees circling the heads of three of the characters.
3. There are a number of symbols associated with the presence of good and evil. Discuss these and their meanings.
Essay Topic 3
Though it is not a part of THE FIRES OF HEAVEN, the readers are given enough information to learn that Rand A'Thor was, up until a short time ago, a shepherd in a small village in Two Rivers. Discuss the following:
How do you think Rand has changed from who he was before Moiraine comes to his village to the Rand he is in THE FIRES OF HEAVEN?
Why do you think Jordan chooses a young, unknown man to be the hero of the series?
How would the book have been different if Rand had been a prince?
How would the book have been different if the Dragon Reborn had been a female?
This section contains 501 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)