|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Masema?
2. Where does Nynaeve search for Moghedien in the flesh?
3. What does Uno offer Nynaeve?
4. What does Aviendha do?
5. What does Elayne tell Thom and Juilin?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the Little Tower ask of Gareth Bryne and what is his response?
2. How does Mat help in the planning of the battle against the Shaido and what are Rand and Lan's reactions?
3. Describe the conversation and interaction between Hadnan Kadere and Isendre.
4. How does Moghedien come to be Nynaeve's captive?
5. How does Brigitte come out of Tel'Aran'Rhiod into the physical world?
6. What does Moiraine give Rand?
7. What does Uno offer Nynaeve and what is her response?
8. How is Rand received in Cairhien?
9. How does Elayne demonstrate her compassion and potential as the next queen of Andor when they are leaving a boat out of Samara?
10. What do Nynaeve and Galad talk about?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
THE FIRES OF HEAVEN is one book in a series of novels involving the Dragon Reborn. Discuss the following.
1. What are a couple advantages of writing a series of novels about the same characters? Use examples.
2. What are a couple disadvantages of writing a series of novels about the same characters? Use examples.
3. Do you prefer to read a standalone book, or a series of books with the same main characters? Explain your response.
4. Do you think it is easier or more difficult (or about the same) to write a standalone book versus one in a series? Explain your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Symbols are an important part of the story of THE FIRES OF HEAVEN. Some of the symbols carry over from other books in the series. Discuss one of the following:
1. One of the most important symbols of the entire Wheel of Time series is that of the Dragon. Discuss and analyze using specific examples the symbol of the dragon.
2. One of the characters, Min Farseer, sees symbols circling the heads of many of the characters. Discuss the symbols Min sees circling the heads of three of the characters.
3. There are a number of symbols associated with the presence of good and evil. Discuss these and their meanings.
Essay Topic 3
Wise Ones of the Aiel are similar to Aes Sedai in that they are able to wield the one power. Discuss one of the following:
Compare/contrast Wise Ones to Aes Sedai.
Would you rather join the ranks of the Wise Ones or Aes Sedai if you knew you could channel? Explain fully.
All Wise Ones are not good, nor are all Aes Sedai good. What are the increased dangers of those who can channel being darkfriends versus just normal human beings? Why do you think there are there more black Ajah than Wise Ones who have gone over to the Dark Lord?
This section contains 1,271 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)