|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nynaeve tell the sisters about Moghedien?
2. What does Aviendha keep Rand from doing?
3. Why does Elayne bond Birgitte as a Warder?
4. Where does Valan Luca's circus perform?
5. Who does Mat find in Rand's tent?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Min share with Elayne about Rand from one of Min's visions that involves Min and Elayne? What is Elayne's response?
2. What do Nynaeve and Elayne tell the sisters in Salidar and what is their response?
3. What does the Little Tower ask of Gareth Bryne and what is his response?
4. Describe Rand and Aviendha's encounter with the Seanchan.
5. What do Nynaeve and Galad talk about?
6. What does Uno offer Nynaeve and what is her response?
7. How does Brigitte come out of Tel'Aran'Rhiod into the physical world?
8. Describe three of the refugees that make their way onto the boat with Elayne's group.
9. How is Rand received in Cairhien?
10. What do the nobles of Cairhien ask of Rand and what is Rand's response?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The word "ta'veren" is used frequently in The Fires of Heaven and in all the other books in Jordan's Wheel of Time series. Discuss the following:
Explain the concept of ta'veren and give examples of it to illustrate your explanation.
Do you think Jordan uses instances of ta'veren as a narrative contrivance? Why or why not. Give examples to support your stance.
How do you think the concept of ta'veren adds to the complexity of the novel? Explain using examples.
Essay Topic 2
In THE FIRES OF HEAVEN, there seems to be more individuals/groups who are not trustworthy than are: Discuss one of the following:
1. Name two groups/factions/individuals who are untrustworthy and analyze their actions and impact upon the plot throughout THE FIRES OF HEAVEN.
2. Name two groups/factions/individuals who are trustworthy and analyze their actions and impact upon the plot throughout THE FIRES OF HEAVEN.
3. Who do you think Rand trusts in this book and is his trust well founded? Who does he mistrust and why? Give specific examples.
Essay Topic 3
Choose one of the following to discuss:
1. Compare/contrast Rand to Rahvin. Who seems more powerful? What are each goals? Are both either all good or all evil? Who is more likable? How do both use their political power?
2. Compare/contrast Nynaeve to Elayne. How are their goals similar and/or different? What is the difference in the way they interact with people? Who is more idealistic? Harsh? Powerful? How do their magical talents compare?
3. Compare/contrast Siuan to Leane. How do they approach their stilling in different ways? Who is more likable? Who is the more sympathetic character? Or are either? Are they both good? Evil? Or a combination?
This section contains 1,326 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)