Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is laid out on the floor?
2. What favor does Nynaeve ask of Masema?
3. What does Gareth ask for in return for his aid?
4. What do the Aes Sedai in Salidar ask Gareth Bryne?
5. Why does Elayne bond Birgitte as a Warder?
Essay Topic 1
Choose one of the following to discuss:
1. Compare/contrast Rand to Rahvin. Who seems more powerful? What are each goals? Are both either all good or all evil? Who is more likable? How do both use their political power?
2. Compare/contrast Nynaeve to Elayne. How are their goals similar and/or different? What is the difference in the way they interact with people? Who is more idealistic? Harsh? Powerful? How do their magical talents compare?
3. Compare/contrast Siuan to Leane. How do they approach their stilling in different ways? Who is more likable? Who is the more sympathetic character? Or are either? Are they both good? Evil? Or a combination?
Essay Topic 2
There is a "coup" in the White Tower and Siuan is deposed and stilled as the Amyrlin Seat. Discuss the following:
Why is Siuan deposed?
What happens as a result of the cou
What do you think it says about Siuan and Leane's characters that they are willing to appear to the sisters in Salidar with no power and offer whatever assistance they can.
What does it mean to be stilled? How does it affect Siuan and Leanne?
Essay Topic 3
Rand becomes much more upset over the deaths of women than that of men, especially if he thinks he is in someway responsible. Discuss the following:
1. Compare/contrast Rand's attitude towards women versus men. How are they similar/different? Is he less harsh towards women? Does he treat some women (such as Aes Sedai) differently than others?
2. When Rand hesitates to kill Lanfear, Moiraine has to intervene and is thus (probably) killed herself. Discuss and analyze this situation in light of Rand's attitude towards women and his thoughts about what happens in this scene.
3. Do you think Rand will change his attitude about killing women after what happens between Moirane and Lanfear? Why or why not?
4. Does Rand need to re-evaluate his attitude towards women? Why or why not?
This section contains 488 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)