|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to some Maidens of the Spear guarding Rand's observation point?
2. What is Nynaeve doing during the show?
3. What is laid out on the floor?
4. Who does Mat find in Rand's tent?
5. How does Rand fail?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe three of the refugees that make their way onto the boat with Elayne's group.
2. What do Nynaeve and Galad talk about?
3. How does Brigitte come out of Tel'Aran'Rhiod into the physical world?
4. How does Moghedien come to be Nynaeve's captive?
5. Describe Rand and Aviendha's encounter with the Seanchan.
6. What happens between Rand and Aviendha that creates toh for Aviendha to Elayne?
7. Who is Masema and why does Uno take Nynaeve to see him?
8. How does Mat end up fighting the Shaido?
9. What does Valan Luca's group find when they camp on the border between Amadicia and Ghealdan?
10. How is Rand received in Cairhien?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Wise Ones of the Aiel are similar to Aes Sedai in that they are able to wield the one power. Discuss one of the following:
Compare/contrast Wise Ones to Aes Sedai.
Would you rather join the ranks of the Wise Ones or Aes Sedai if you knew you could channel? Explain fully.
All Wise Ones are not good, nor are all Aes Sedai good. What are the increased dangers of those who can channel being darkfriends versus just normal human beings? Why do you think there are there more black Ajah than Wise Ones who have gone over to the Dark Lord?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the following:
1. What do you think are the characteristics of a successful novel?
2. Analyze and discuss The Fires of Heaven based upon the criteria you decide upon in #1 and judge if THE FIRES OF HEAVEN is a successful novel.
3. Do you think the fact that THE FIRES OF HEAVEN is a novel in a series changes the criteria upon which its success should be judged? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
Several of the Forsaken appear in THE FIRES OF HEAVEN. Discuss the following:
Who are the Forsaken and what is their role in the Wheel of Time series (You should be able to figure this out through what is said in THE FIRES OF HEAVEN.
Compare/contrast the Forsaken with those in power that are supposedly on the "good" side--such as the Aes Sedai, the Whitecloaks and some Aiel.
Discuss the implications of Nynaeve being able to capture Moghedien and Rand having Asmodean to heel.
This section contains 1,285 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)