|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Into what area do Siuan, Leane, Min and Logain ride?
2. What has descended over the Borderlands and the Blight?
3. What does Morgase realize?
4. What has Egwene not succeeded at?
5. What does Gyldin tell Liandrin and four other black ajah to find?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Siuan, Leane and the Aes Sedai discuss after they are satisfied they are speaking with Siuan and Leane?
2. Describe the situation about the gift exchange between Rand and Aviendha.
3. What disguises have Elayne, Nynaeve, Juilin and Thom adopted and who does it seem to fool?
4. What is the sickness that has overcome many of the Aiel?
5. Where do Nynaeve and Elayne receive a message from the White Tower and what do they think about it?
6. Describe the attack from the Shadowspawn.
7. What happens when Nynaeve, Elayne, Juilin and Thom ride out of Tarabon?
8. Who does Elayne meet in the common room of the inn; what does he want and what does Elayne do?
9. What happens to Nynaeve and Elayne and why?
10. What do the Shaido do in Taien and how do they violate ji'e'toh?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Wise Ones of the Aiel are similar to Aes Sedai in that they are able to wield the one power. Discuss one of the following:
Compare/contrast Wise Ones to Aes Sedai.
Would you rather join the ranks of the Wise Ones or Aes Sedai if you knew you could channel? Explain fully.
All Wise Ones are not good, nor are all Aes Sedai good. What are the increased dangers of those who can channel being darkfriends versus just normal human beings? Why do you think there are there more black Ajah than Wise Ones who have gone over to the Dark Lord?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss one of the following:
1. Thoroughly analyze how the setting informs the plot in THE FIRES OF HEAVEN.
2. Trace and analyze one major theme of THE FIRES OF HEAVEN. How is the theme represented by symbolism? By the characters' behaviors? By the action?
3. Trace and analyze two secondary themes of THE FIRES OF HEAVEN. How are the themes represented by symbolism? By the characters' behaviors? By the action?
Essay Topic 3
Elayne is one of the three women that Min saw in Rand's future, along with herself. The third will be the Aiel woman, Aviendha. Discuss the following:
Why do you think Jordan has Rand involved (eventually) with three women?
Does Rand's involvement with three women throughout the series add or subtract from the main story? Explain your reasoning.
Do you think it is believable that the three women are willing to share Rand's affections? Why or why not?
This section contains 1,380 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)