Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Nynaeve posing as?
2. What town do Nynaeve, Elayne, Juilin, and Thom camp near that night?
3. What has descended over the Borderlands and the Blight?
4. With whom does Elaida meet?
5. Why do the Wise Ones command Aviendha to sleep in Rand's room?
Short Essay Questions
1. What disguises have Elayne, Nynaeve, Juilin and Thom adopted and who does it seem to fool?
2. What does Gareth Bryne learn when he arrives in Lugard and what does he decide to do?
3. How is Rand received in Cairhien?
4. What do Nynaeve and Galad talk about?
5. How does Nynaeve learn that Uno is still alive and in the same town as they are?
6. How does Moghedien come to be Nynaeve's captive?
7. What happens to Nynaeve and Elayne and why?
8. What do the readers learn about the forsaken in the Prologue?
9. Describe Rand and Aviendha's encounter with the Seanchan.
10. What does Moiraine ask of Rand and why?
Essay Topic 1
Jordan treats the world of dreams as an actual world where what happens there can impact people when not in the dream world; for example, if one is killed in the dream world, they are dead in "real life." Discuss one of the following:
Describe and analyze the interactions between Moghedien and Nynaeve/Elayne in THE FIRES OF HEAVEN.
Describe and analyze Tel'Aran'Rhiod and how it impacts the plot in THE FIRES OF HEAVEN.
Why do you think Jordan includes the world of Tel'Aran'Rhiod in his Wheel of Time series?
Essay Topic 2
Elayne is one of the three women that Min saw in Rand's future, along with herself. The third will be the Aiel woman, Aviendha. Discuss the following:
Why do you think Jordan has Rand involved (eventually) with three women?
Does Rand's involvement with three women throughout the series add or subtract from the main story? Explain your reasoning.
Do you think it is believable that the three women are willing to share Rand's affections? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
THE FIRES OF HEAVEN is one book in a series of novels involving the Dragon Reborn. Discuss the following.
1. What are a couple advantages of writing a series of novels about the same characters? Use examples.
2. What are a couple disadvantages of writing a series of novels about the same characters? Use examples.
3. Do you prefer to read a standalone book, or a series of books with the same main characters? Explain your response.
4. Do you think it is easier or more difficult (or about the same) to write a standalone book versus one in a series? Explain your answer.
This section contains 3,120 words
(approx. 11 pages at 300 words per page)