|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Couladin doing at the end of Chapter 6?
2. What is Elayne pretending to be?
3. Where does Gareth intend to pursue Siuan?
4. Why is Moghedien spying on Elayne and Egwene?
5. Why are Lean and Siuan not recognized by leaders of the Aes Sedai faction that split from the Tower?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where do Nynaeve and Elayne receive a message from the White Tower and what do they think about it?
2. Describe Aviendha.
3. What do the Wise Ones order Aviendha to do and what is her reaction?
4. What does Aviendha give Rand and what is the history of the gift?
5. Describe the meeting between some of the Black Ajah and Moghedien.
6. Who does Rand meet when he returns to his quarters and what does she want?
7. Who does Nynaeve meet in Tel'Aran'Rhoid and what does Nynaeve ask of this person?
8. Who does Egwene see Elayne talking with and why can't Elayne tell Egwene the person's name?
9. Describe the attack from the Shadowspawn.
10. What do the Shaido do in Taien and how do they violate ji'e'toh?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
There is a "coup" in the White Tower and Siuan is deposed and stilled as the Amyrlin Seat. Discuss the following:
Why is Siuan deposed?
What happens as a result of the cou
What do you think it says about Siuan and Leane's characters that they are willing to appear to the sisters in Salidar with no power and offer whatever assistance they can.
What does it mean to be stilled? How does it affect Siuan and Leanne?
Essay Topic 2
Elayne is one of the three women that Min saw in Rand's future, along with herself. The third will be the Aiel woman, Aviendha. Discuss the following:
Why do you think Jordan has Rand involved (eventually) with three women?
Does Rand's involvement with three women throughout the series add or subtract from the main story? Explain your reasoning.
Do you think it is believable that the three women are willing to share Rand's affections? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
In THE FIRES OF HEAVEN, there seems to be more individuals/groups who are not trustworthy than are: Discuss one of the following:
1. Name two groups/factions/individuals who are untrustworthy and analyze their actions and impact upon the plot throughout THE FIRES OF HEAVEN.
2. Name two groups/factions/individuals who are trustworthy and analyze their actions and impact upon the plot throughout THE FIRES OF HEAVEN.
3. Who do you think Rand trusts in this book and is his trust well founded? Who does he mistrust and why? Give specific examples.
This section contains 1,279 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)