|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Elaida say is the most important task to accomplish?
2. Who has been made a servant by the Maidens?
3. What has Egwene not succeeded at?
4. What does Gyldin tell Liandrin and four other black ajah to find?
5. What have some of the Aiel done?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who attacks Aviendha and Rand and how do the Maidens of the Shield respond?
2. Where do Siuan, Leane, Min and Logain arrive at and what happens when they encounter a group of Aes Sedai?
3. What does Gareth Bryne learn when he arrives in Lugard and what does he decide to do?
4. How does Egwene and Nynaeve obtain information about Elaida's actions?
5. Describe Aviendha.
6. Who does Rand meet when he returns to his quarters and what does she want?
7. What does Queen Morgase realize and then what does she do about it?
8. What does Elaida learn as she meets with her inner circle of advisers?
9. Who does Elayne meet in the common room of the inn; what does he want and what does Elayne do?
10. What do the Wise Ones order Aviendha to do and what is her reaction?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
There is a "coup" in the White Tower and Siuan is deposed and stilled as the Amyrlin Seat. Discuss the following:
Why is Siuan deposed?
What happens as a result of the cou
What do you think it says about Siuan and Leane's characters that they are willing to appear to the sisters in Salidar with no power and offer whatever assistance they can.
What does it mean to be stilled? How does it affect Siuan and Leanne?
Essay Topic 2
Elayne is one of the three women that Min saw in Rand's future, along with herself. The third will be the Aiel woman, Aviendha. Discuss the following:
Why do you think Jordan has Rand involved (eventually) with three women?
Does Rand's involvement with three women throughout the series add or subtract from the main story? Explain your reasoning.
Do you think it is believable that the three women are willing to share Rand's affections? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
The concept of honor is important to many of the cultures and characters in Jordan's Wheel of Time series. One people, the Aiel, have a very complicated system based on honor, the violation of which entails "toh." Discuss the following:
Describe the Aiel system of honor and the concept of ji'e'toh.
Besides the Aiel, who else in Shadow Rising values his/her honor? Why? Give examples.
Why do you think honor is such an important concept in THE FIRES OF HEAVEN? The Whitecloaks often violate their honor when they should value it greatly. How do they violate the concept of honor? Give examples and discuss fully.
This section contains 1,351 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)