|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Juilin and Thom posing as?
2. Why does Egwene upbraid Nynaeve?
3. Who does Nynaeve meet in Tel'Aran'Rhoid before meeting with Egwene?
4. What is encrusted with gems?
5. What has happened in Two Rivers that concerns Tallanvor?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Aviendha give Rand and what is the history of the gift?
2. Describe how Elayne, Nynave, Thom, and Juilin find a safe means to travel.
3. Describe the attack from the Shadowspawn.
4. Who does Rand meet when he returns to his quarters and what does she want?
5. What does Elaida learn as she meets with her inner circle of advisers?
6. Describe the meeting between some of the Black Ajah and Moghedien.
7. What does Moiraine ask of Rand and why?
8. Why are the Maidens of the Shield carrying dolls?
9. What disguises have Elayne, Nynaeve, Juilin and Thom adopted and who does it seem to fool?
10. How does Egwene and Nynaeve obtain information about Elaida's actions?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Several of the Forsaken appear in THE FIRES OF HEAVEN. Discuss the following:
Who are the Forsaken and what is their role in the Wheel of Time series (You should be able to figure this out through what is said in THE FIRES OF HEAVEN.
Compare/contrast the Forsaken with those in power that are supposedly on the "good" side--such as the Aes Sedai, the Whitecloaks and some Aiel.
Discuss the implications of Nynaeve being able to capture Moghedien and Rand having Asmodean to heel.
Essay Topic 2
Choose one of the following to discuss:
1. Compare/contrast Rand to Rahvin. Who seems more powerful? What are each goals? Are both either all good or all evil? Who is more likable? How do both use their political power?
2. Compare/contrast Nynaeve to Elayne. How are their goals similar and/or different? What is the difference in the way they interact with people? Who is more idealistic? Harsh? Powerful? How do their magical talents compare?
3. Compare/contrast Siuan to Leane. How do they approach their stilling in different ways? Who is more likable? Who is the more sympathetic character? Or are either? Are they both good? Evil? Or a combination?
Essay Topic 3
In THE FIRES OF HEAVEN, there seems to be more individuals/groups who are not trustworthy than are: Discuss one of the following:
1. Name two groups/factions/individuals who are untrustworthy and analyze their actions and impact upon the plot throughout THE FIRES OF HEAVEN.
2. Name two groups/factions/individuals who are trustworthy and analyze their actions and impact upon the plot throughout THE FIRES OF HEAVEN.
3. Who do you think Rand trusts in this book and is his trust well founded? Who does he mistrust and why? Give specific examples.
This section contains 1,281 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)