|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Aviendha give Rand another gift?
(a) She believes Rand does not understand that her gift of the dragon buckle canceled debt between them.
(b) To formally announce their engagement.
(c) She wants a favor of Rand.
(d) The Wise Ones order her to do so.
2. What does Nynaeve recognize on an apothecary door?
(a) An herb called halidi.
(b) A signal that there is a message from the White Tower.
(c) The sign of saidar.
(d) An herb she needs to enhance her dream walking.
3. What town on the Jangai Pass is ravaged?
(d) Tar Valon.
4. What have some of the Aiel done?
(a) Thrown down their weapons and abandoned the Aiel system of honor, ji'e'toh.
(b) Killed their wise ones.
(c) Moved further out into the Waste.
(d) Attacked the Stone of Tear.
5. Who is Rand pursuing?
(a) The Black Aljah.
(b) Several of the Foresaken.
(c) Couladin and the Shaido.
(d) No one.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose attention does Mat attract as he is gambling?
2. Why do Siuan and Leane appear as young women?
3. Who did Elaida set up as a false dragon?
4. What do the Maidens of the Spear believe the gift means?
5. Why can't Elayne tell Egwene who the woman is?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Nynaeve and Elayne and why?
2. Why are the Maidens of the Shield carrying dolls?
3. What happens that gets Suian, Leane, and Min in trouble?
4. Who does Elayne meet in the common room of the inn; what does he want and what does Elayne do?
5. Where do Nynaeve and Elayne receive a message from the White Tower and what do they think about it?
6. Who attacks Aviendha and Rand and how do the Maidens of the Shield respond?
7. Describe the attack from the Shadowspawn.
8. What do the readers learn about the forsaken in the Prologue?
9. What does Moiraine ask of Rand and why?
10. How does Egwene and Nynaeve obtain information about Elaida's actions?
This section contains 1,261 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)