|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Elayne impress Luca?
(a) Offering him lots of money.
(b) Walking the tightrope with the One Power.
(c) Riding a horse bareback standing up.
(d) Riding an elephant standing up.
2. What does Rand recognize about Aviendha's gift?
(a) That it is tainted by the dark one.
(b) That it is wrought with the one power.
(c) That it means they are officially engaged.
(d) It means Aviendha is to have his baby.
3. Into where does Nynaeve dream herself?
(a) The Amyrlin's study in the White Tower.
(c) Two Rivers.
4. Why do Nynaeve and Elayne stop talking?
(a) They want to listen to the news from the apothecary owner.
(b) They hear soldiers approaching.
(c) They black out.
(d) They want to know who they are talking to first.
5. What creatures attack Rand and Aviendha?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Egwene go to tell what she learns in the White Tower?
2. What does Rand say the Aiel may take from Cairhien?
3. What does the apothecary owner give Nynaeve and Elayne?
4. What are Juilin and Thom posing as?
5. What are the captives of Aiel called?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the situation about the gift exchange between Rand and Aviendha.
2. What do the Wise Ones order Aviendha to do and what is her reaction?
3. How does Egwene and Nynaeve obtain information about Elaida's actions?
4. What happens that gets Suian, Leane, and Min in trouble?
5. Describe how Elayne, Nynave, Thom, and Juilin find a safe means to travel.
6. What do Siuan, Leane and the Aes Sedai discuss after they are satisfied they are speaking with Siuan and Leane?
7. What does Gareth Bryne learn when he arrives in Lugard and what does he decide to do?
8. What is the sickness that has overcome many of the Aiel?
9. Where do Nynaeve and Elayne receive a message from the White Tower and what do they think about it?
10. What happens to Nynaeve and Elayne and why?
This section contains 1,176 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)