|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Rand go after sensing the approach?
(a) Upstairs to an empty chamber.
(c) Under the covers.
(d) To Moiraine's tent.
2. Who is Elayne talking with in Tel'Aran'Rhoid?
(d) A golden-haired woman.
3. How does Rand destroy the darkhounds?
(a) With saidin.
(b) With balefire.
(c) With Callandor.
(d) With a torch.
4. Why do the Aiel call a former Cairhienin king "Treekiller"?
(a) No one knows how that king got the name.
(b) He cut down the Avendesora tree that stood as a sign of the compact between the Aiel and Cairhienin.
(c) He ravaged a sacred orchard.
(d) He scorched the tree of knowledge when he went crazy from the taint of saidin.
5. What is the person wearing that approaches Elayne in the inn?
(a) A red jacket with gold buttons.
(b) The Whitecloaks.
(c) The formal wear of the Andor royal line.
(d) A gleeman's jacket.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Bryne's sentence for the women?
2. What does Rand feel the approach of as he is about to sleep?
3. What does Moiraine want Rand to forgo?
4. What does Aviendha give Rand?
5. Who is deposed in Tanchico?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Queen Morgase realize and then what does she do about it?
2. Describe the attack from the Shadowspawn.
3. Describe the situation about the gift exchange between Rand and Aviendha.
4. Describe Aviendha.
5. What do the Shaido do in Taien and how do they violate ji'e'toh?
6. Why are the Maidens of the Shield carrying dolls?
7. What happens in Tel'Aran'Rhoid after Elayne leaves and who observes Egwene?
8. What does Moiraine ask of Rand and why?
9. What do the Wise Ones order Aviendha to do and what is her reaction?
10. What does Gareth Bryne learn when he arrives in Lugard and what does he decide to do?
This section contains 1,073 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)