|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Nynaeve, Elayne, Juilin, and Thom ride?
(a) To the Waste.
(b) Out of Tarabon.
(c) To the White Tower.
(d) To Tear.
2. Who does Rand meet with in Rhuidean?
(a) The wise ones.
(b) Two of the forsaken.
(c) The Aiel chiefs that are loyal to him.
(d) The black Aljah.
3. What is Mat considering doing?
(a) Following Elayne to Caemlyn.
(b) Marrying Melindhra.
(c) Marrying Aviendha.
(d) Leaving with the wagons on their trip to Tar Valon.
4. Why does Elayne say she needs to sneak out of town?
(a) She is wanted by her mother.
(b) She does not say why.
(c) Her brother will not let her go otherwise.
(d) She is wanted by the White Tower.
5. What is Nynaeve posing as?
(a) A maid.
(b) A scholar.
(c) A apprentice candlemaker.
(d) A juggler.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Bryne's sentence for the women?
2. Where does Nynaeve say she is going?
3. Who is the woman named Gyldin actually?
4. What does Gyldin tell Liandrin and four other black ajah to find?
5. What does Mat have to do in order for Moiraine to heal him?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where do Nynaeve and Elayne receive a message from the White Tower and what do they think about it?
2. What happens to Nynaeve and Elayne and why?
3. What do the readers learn about the forsaken in the Prologue?
4. Describe how Elayne, Nynave, Thom, and Juilin find a safe means to travel.
5. What happens that gets Suian, Leane, and Min in trouble?
6. What do Siuan, Leane and the Aes Sedai discuss after they are satisfied they are speaking with Siuan and Leane?
7. Why are the Maidens of the Shield carrying dolls?
8. What is the sickness that has overcome many of the Aiel?
9. What do the Shaido do in Taien and how do they violate ji'e'toh?
10. What happens in Tel'Aran'Rhoid after Elayne leaves and who observes Egwene?
This section contains 1,188 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)