|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rand feel the approach of as he is about to sleep?
2. Why do the Aiel call a former Cairhienin king "Treekiller"?
(a) He cut down the Avendesora tree that stood as a sign of the compact between the Aiel and Cairhienin.
(b) No one knows how that king got the name.
(c) He scorched the tree of knowledge when he went crazy from the taint of saidin.
(d) He ravaged a sacred orchard.
3. Why does Aviendha give Rand another gift?
(a) To formally announce their engagement.
(b) She wants a favor of Rand.
(c) The Wise Ones order her to do so.
(d) She believes Rand does not understand that her gift of the dragon buckle canceled debt between them.
4. What does Rand say the Aiel may take from Cairhien?
(a) A fifth of the riches.
(b) Anything they want.
(c) All the food they need.
(d) Half of the riches.
5. Who has been made a servant by the Maidens?
(a) The Darkfriend Isendre.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has descended over the Borderlands and the Blight?
2. What is the person wearing that approaches Elayne in the inn?
3. Why are there warders, Aes Sedai and tower servants where Siuan, Leane, Min and Logain ride into?
4. What do the Maidens of the Spear believe the gift means?
5. Whose attention does Mat attract as he is gambling?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who does Egwene see Elayne talking with and why can't Elayne tell Egwene the person's name?
2. What happens between Rand and Aviendha that creates toh for Aviendha to Elayne?
3. What does Davram Bashere want and what is Rand's response?
4. What does Elaida learn as she meets with her inner circle of advisers?
5. What happens when Nynaeve, Elayne, Juilin and Thom ride out of Tarabon?
6. What happens to Nynaeve and Elayne and why?
7. Where are Siuan, Leane and Min when Siuan gets an important message and what is the message?
8. What is the sickness that has overcome many of the Aiel?
9. Who is Masema and why does Uno take Nynaeve to see him?
10. How does Rand end up adding more to his list of women who have been killed around him or because of him?
This section contains 1,119 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)