|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Masema?
(a) Queen Ghealdan's consort.
(b) One of the Forsaken.
(c) A Dark Friend.
(d) A man known as the Prophet.
2. What does Moiraine tell Rand in the letter?
(a) She wants Rand to rule Cairhien.
(b) She knew her fate.
(c) Nothing for Rand--the letter is for Siuan.
(d) She knows Rand will stop using balefire.
3. What does Kadere do to silence Isendre?
(a) Nothing because he knows she is trustworthy.
(b) Kills her.
(c) Has her swear an oath by blood to the Dark Lord.
(d) Puts a magic block on her.
4. Which nobles does Aviendha not trust?
(a) Meilan and Talmanes.
(b) Meilan and Torean.
(c) Talmanes and Nalesean
(d) Nalesean and Torean.
5. What does Moiraine have to do quickly?
(a) Take over the rule of Cairhien.
(b) Dispatch Lanfear.
(c) Heal Rand to keep him alive.
(d) Save Lan from his serious battle injuries.
6. What does Nynaeve want to do?
(a) Find Rand.
(b) See if she can leave to find Lan.
(c) See if she can reverse stilling.
(d) Search out Moiraine.
7. Why does Aviendha create a doorway into an icy country?
(a) To see if her powers would work there.
(b) To seek help with the oracle there.
(c) To escape in panic when Rand finds her naked.
(d) To send a drakhar there.
8. What does Gareth ask for in return for his aid?
(a) Help for Andor.
(b) Leane as his servant.
(c) Retirement pension.
(d) To retain command and for Siuan to serve him.
9. What does Elayne tell Thom and Juilin?
(a) About everything that happened in Tanchico.
(b) About her and Rand's secret engagement.
(c) About her mother who has gone missing.
(d) About meeting Birgitte in Tel'Aran'Rhiod.
10. What group is camped on the river also?
(a) Aes Sedai from the Black Ajah.
(c) Aes Sedai from the Blue Ajah.
11. Why does Masema say Nynaeve is blessed?
(a) She came from the same town as Elayne.
(b) She attended the Lord Dragon when Rand was a baby.
(c) She is so strong in the One Power.
(d) She is engaged to Lan.
12. How does Rand fail?
(a) He hesitates to kill Lanfear because she's a woman.
(b) He lies when he knows Lanfear can tell.
(c) He cannot protect several Maidens of the Spear.
(d) He cannot protect Lan.
13. Who does Rand find alive after walking out of the palace?
(a) Asmodean is dead, but he finds Aviendha and Mat.
(b) Mat is the only one he finds alive.
(c) Only Aviendha; Mat and Asmodean are dead.
(d) Aviendha, Mat and Asmodean.
14. What does the note to Kadere say?
(a) That there are other Darkfriends nearby.
(b) That he must leave Rand's group.
(c) That he must kill Landfear.
(d) That he must kill Rand within two days.
15. Who rides into Rand's camp when they are near Eianrod?
(a) Some of the Shaido Aiel who are unhappy with Couladin.
(b) Several Aes Sedai who escape Cairhien.
(c) Moiraine's sister who escapes Cairhien.
(d) A group of Cairhienen nobles.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do Rand and Aviendha make their way back to the gateway?
2. What happens as the gateway closes?
3. What does Elayne tell Birgitte when Birgitte awakes?
4. Who are Talmanes and Nalesean?
5. Upon what river bank is Valan's show parked?
This section contains 622 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)