|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who has been made a servant by the Maidens?
(d) The Darkfriend Isendre.
2. What town do Nynaeve, Elayne, Juilin, and Thom camp near that night?
(a) Tar Valon.
3. What have some of the Aiel done?
(a) Moved further out into the Waste.
(b) Killed their wise ones.
(c) Attacked the Stone of Tear.
(d) Thrown down their weapons and abandoned the Aiel system of honor, ji'e'toh.
4. Who is Rand pursuing?
(a) Couladin and the Shaido.
(b) No one.
(c) The Black Aljah.
(d) Several of the Foresaken.
5. What does Rand recognize about Aviendha's gift?
(a) That it is tainted by the dark one.
(b) It means Aviendha is to have his baby.
(c) That it means they are officially engaged.
(d) That it is wrought with the one power.
6. What is Bryne's sentence for the women?
(a) Thirty lashes.
(b) Two horses.
(c) To work off payment for the barn on his estate.
(d) A month in prison.
7. What does Luca ask of Elayne?
(a) To be his patron.
(b) To ride with them for a while.
(c) To teach him juggling tricks.
(d) To allow him to court her.
8. Why do the Aiel call a former Cairhienin king "Treekiller"?
(a) He cut down the Avendesora tree that stood as a sign of the compact between the Aiel and Cairhienin.
(b) No one knows how that king got the name.
(c) He scorched the tree of knowledge when he went crazy from the taint of saidin.
(d) He ravaged a sacred orchard.
9. What is the "Sickness"?
(a) The inability to use saidin.
(b) A plague moving among the Two Rivers.
(c) A wave of depression that has gripped the Aiel.
(d) The inability to use saidar.
10. Who is the woman named Gyldin actually?
11. Where does Rand go after sensing the approach?
(a) Upstairs to an empty chamber.
(b) To Moiraine's tent.
(c) Under the covers.
12. Who has Elaida ordered arrested and brought to the White Tower for treason?
13. Who runs the apothecary?
(a) A sister from the yellow aljah.
(b) A sister from the blue aljah.
(c) A sister from the black aljah.
(d) Ronde Macura.
14. What surprises Moghedien?
(a) That Rahvin is still ruling at Caemlyn.
(b) That Egwene escapes Moghedien's trap.
(c) That Elayne does not know her mother fled Andor.
(d) That Brigitte has not reincarnated yet.
15. What do the Maidens of the Spear believe the gift means?
(a) Rand wants Aviendha to help him court Elayne.
(b) Rand is buying Aviendha's silence.
(c) Rand is bribing Aviendha to teach him about saidar.
(d) Rand is courting Aviendha.
Short Answer Questions
1. Into where does Nynaeve dream herself?
2. How do the Aes Sedai leaders ascertain that Siuan and Leane are who they say they are?
3. What does Bryne decide to do?
4. What does Elayne believe about the apothecary owner?
5. With whom do Egwene, Aviendha, and Moiraine meet?
This section contains 521 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)