|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Rand lead the Aiel?
(a) Deeper into the Waste.
(b) Into Andor.
(c) Into Falme.
(d) Through Kinslayer's Dagger.
2. Who is Valan Luca?
(a) Moiraine's warder.
(b) A man who operates a traveling circus.
(c) Thom's cousin.
(d) Nynaeve's suitor.
3. Why can't Elayne tell Egwene who the woman is?
(a) The woman has put a magical spell on Elayne.
(b) Elayne is sworn to secrecy.
(c) Elayne tells Egwene who the woman is.
(d) Elayne does not know the woman's name.
4. What does Rand feel the approach of as he is about to sleep?
5. With whom does Elaida meet?
(a) Rand al'Thor.
(b) Siuan Sanche.
(c) Her inner circle of advisors.
6. What is Nynaeve posing as?
(a) A apprentice candlemaker.
(b) A juggler.
(c) A scholar.
(d) A maid.
7. What does Rand give Aviendha as a thank you gift?
(a) A necklace.
(b) A ring.
(c) A pearl-handled knife.
(d) A bracelet.
8. Who approaches Elayne in the inn where she is?
9. Why does Egwene upbraid Nynaeve?
(a) For keeping Elayne out of Andor.
(b) For being careless in Tel'Aran'Rhiod.
(c) For not returning to the White Tower.
(d) For telling Rand what to do.
10. How do the Aes Sedai leaders ascertain that Siuan and Leane are who they say they are?
(a) They recognize them.
(b) They grill them with questions.
(c) They use magic.
(d) They torture them.
11. What does Luca ask of Elayne?
(a) To ride with them for a while.
(b) To allow him to court her.
(c) To teach him juggling tricks.
(d) To be his patron.
12. Who does Nynaeve meet in Tel'Aran'Rhoid before meeting with Egwene?
(c) One of the Black Ajah.
13. What is Bryne's sentence for the women?
(a) A month in prison.
(b) To work off payment for the barn on his estate.
(c) Two horses.
(d) Thirty lashes.
14. Why do the Wise Ones command Aviendha to sleep in Rand's room?
(a) To learn of his intentions.
(b) To protect Rand.
(c) To teach Rand.
(d) To seduce him into marriage.
15. Why is Moghedien spying on Elayne and Egwene?
(a) To report back to Rahvin, who is looking for Queen Morgase.
(b) Hoping one of them will lead her to Nynaeve.
(c) To learn which of the three men from Emond's Field is Rand.
(d) To find out where they are.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are there warders, Aes Sedai and tower servants where Siuan, Leane, Min and Logain ride into?
2. Why does Aviendha give Rand another gift?
3. What does Morgase realize?
4. What is the Wise Ones' response to Moiraine's plea?
5. Why do the Aiel call a former Cairhienin king "Treekiller"?
This section contains 582 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)