|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are Suian, Leane, and Min being held prisoner?
(a) For refusing to bow to Queen Morgase.
(b) It is not known why.
(c) For accidentally burning down a barn.
(d) For pilfering grain.
2. What town on the Jangai Pass is ravaged?
(a) Tar Valon.
3. How do the Aes Sedai leaders ascertain that Siuan and Leane are who they say they are?
(a) They use magic.
(b) They recognize them.
(c) They grill them with questions.
(d) They torture them.
4. Why are Lean and Siuan not recognized by leaders of the Aes Sedai faction that split from the Tower?
(a) They are recognized.
(b) They have aged rapidly.
(c) They look too young.
(d) They have altered their appearance with magic.
5. How does Elayne impress Luca?
(a) Walking the tightrope with the One Power.
(b) Riding an elephant standing up.
(c) Offering him lots of money.
(d) Riding a horse bareback standing up.
6. Why does Elayne say she needs to sneak out of town?
(a) She is wanted by the White Tower.
(b) She does not say why.
(c) She is wanted by her mother.
(d) Her brother will not let her go otherwise.
7. What happens to Egwene in Tel'Aran'Rhoid after Elayne leaves?
(a) She travels to the White Tower.
(b) She is nearly pulled into a fantasy about Gawyn.
(c) She meets Siuan.
(d) She is attacked by Lanfear.
8. What is Mat considering doing?
(a) Marrying Aviendha.
(b) Leaving with the wagons on their trip to Tar Valon.
(c) Marrying Melindhra.
(d) Following Elayne to Caemlyn.
9. What does the apothecary owner give Nynaeve and Elayne?
10. With whom does Elaida meet?
(a) Rand al'Thor.
(b) Her inner circle of advisors.
(c) Siuan Sanche.
11. Why are there warders, Aes Sedai and tower servants where Siuan, Leane, Min and Logain ride into?
(a) They fled the White Tower in the coup.
(b) They are searching for Rand al'Thor.
(c) They are sent there by Elaida to hold the Western border.
(d) There is no one when Siuan, Leane, Min and Logain ride into the area.
12. What does Rand say the Aiel may take from Cairhien?
(a) All the food they need.
(b) Anything they want.
(c) A fifth of the riches.
(d) Half of the riches.
13. What does Elaida say is the most important task to accomplish?
(a) Capturing Rand al'Thor.
(b) Capturing the Aes Sedai who refuse to come to the White Tower.
(c) Reuniting the White Tower.
(d) Being ready to fight at Tarmon Gaidon.
14. Why do Siuan and Leane appear as young women?
(a) Because of being stilled.
(b) A curse from the Black Aljah.
(c) Because they were young when they started using their power and so stayed young.
(d) They have magically altered their appearance.
15. What message does Siuan receive from Mistress Tharne?
(a) All Aes Sedai return to the Tower.
(c) Sallie Daera.
(d) All Aes Sedai continue on their missions.
Short Answer Questions
1. The taking of non-Aiel violates the principles of what?
2. Who is the woman named Gyldin actually?
3. What does Rand ask Asmodean could be possible?
4. Who has Elaida ordered arrested and brought to the White Tower for treason?
5. Into what area do Siuan, Leane, Min and Logain ride?
This section contains 534 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)