|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III, Jubilee: "Theories of Time and Space"; "This Far: Notes on Love and Revolution"; "Message to My Daughters".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When discussing the murders at Emanuel Methodist Church, the author of "The Condition of Black Life is One of Mourning" states, "But Dylann Storm Roof did not create himself from" (146) what element?
(a) From nothing.
(b) From the foundation of a strong upbringing.
(c) From God's image.
(d) From a place of understanding.
2. What landmark could the author of "The Weight" see outside of the interns' office window?
(a) The Golden Gate Bridge.
(b) The Brooklyn Bridge.
(c) The Manhattan Bridge.
(d) Times Square.
3. How old was Tamir Rice at the time he was shot and killed by Cleveland police officers?
4. How many African-Americans does the author of "Where Do We Go from Here?" say fled from the Jim Crow caste system enacted in the South?
(a) Two million.
(b) Six million.
(c) 8 million.
(d) 1 million.
5. In what state was Trayvon Martin killed by a police officer?
Short Answer Questions
1. How often do historians say lynchings of African-Americans occurred in the early decades of the twentieth century?
2. What is the occasion bringing everyone together within the poem "Homegoing, A.D. by Kima Jones?
3. After the speaker of the poem "Theories of Time and Space" says, "Everywhere you go will be somewhere you've never been" (195), what two-word entreaty is made to the reader?
4. What author does the poem "Queries of Unrest" reference in its dedication?
5. To whom had the author of "This Far: Notes on Love and Revolution" been instructed to write by his wife before he had decided to write to her instead?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)