|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Legacy: "Where Do We Go from Here?"; "The Dear Pledges of Our Love:A Defense of Phillis Wheatley's Husband"; "White Rage"; "Cracking the Code".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what state did the author's mother in "'The Dear Pledges of Our Love'": A Defense of Phillis Wheatley's Husband" grow up, ensconced in poverty?
2. How old was Trayvon Martin at the time he was killed?
3. What emotion does Jesmyn Ward say is directed toward her by the majority of Americans and has become her dark twin?
4. From what city did Phillis Wheatley's husband hail?
5. While Jesmyn Ward's father was born in Pass Christian, Mississippi, to what California city had he moved as a teenager in 1969?
(b) Los Angeles.
(d) San Francisco.
Short Answer Questions
1. What finding in the results of Jesmyn Ward's genetic testing results shocked her?
2. What adjective does the writer of "The Weight" use to describe the black narrative within the United States?
3. A 2016 joint report by the NAACP and the NAACP Legal Defense and Educational Fund states that the Republicans' plan to emphasize identification requirements would adversely affect how many African-American voters?
4. The author of "'The Dear Pledges of Our Love'": A Defense of Phillis Wheatley's Husband" states that most of the information about Phillis Wheatley comes from a book published how many years after the poet's death?
5. What two reptiles are the source of the danger during the final scene of Kima Jones's prose poem "Homegoing, A.D."?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)