|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Reckoning: "Queries of Unrest"; "Blacker Than Thou"; "Da Art of Storytellin' (a Prequel)".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In addition to Andre 3000, who is the other member of OutKast?
(a) Lil Wayne.
(b) Big Boi.
(c) Bootsy Collins.
(d) Kendrick Lamar.
2. What two adjectives does the author of the "The Weight" use to describe the whiteness of the magazine's offices?
(a) Stark and futuristic.
(b) Serene and sterile.
(c) Stately and grand.
(d) Blinding and sterile.
3. What distinction does a senior editor announce as applying to the author of "The Weight" during the first week of his internship?
(a) First black intern.
(b) First gay intern.
(c) Least educated intern.
(d) Youngest intern.
4. How often do historians say lynchings of African-Americans occurred in the early decades of the twentieth century?
(a) Every day.
(b) Every four days.
(c) Every week.
(d) Every month.
5. What term did the historians referred to in "Where Do We Go from Here?" use to describe the last reversal of African-American advancement?
(a) The Nadir.
(b) The Fatwa.
(c) The Fakir.
(d) The Chasm.
Short Answer Questions
1. From what city did Phillis Wheatley's husband hail?
2. In what city was an eighteenth century gravesite discovered that contained 13 people of African ancestry?
3. What kind of trees does the speaker of the poem "Homegoing, AD" by Kima Jones see that let her know they are close to their destination?
4. In what location did Granddaddy die within Kima Jones's poem "Homegoing, A.D."?
5. In a letter from Phillis Wheatley to the artist Obour Tanner, Wheatley relates the death of her mistress, saying that her mistress had treated her less like a "servant" (67) and more like a what?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)