|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On a grander scale, who is the author's letter from section one be addressed to?
(a) White men and women specifically.
(b) All white men.
(c) The entire black community.
(d) All human beings.
2. What type of constructs work to keep things the way they are, as stated by the author?
3. Americans must act from a place of love in order to preserve ___________.
4. How must one face the reality of being an American?
(a) Live in each other's experiences.
(b) For white people to live in slavery under black people.
(c) Exist in separation from one another.
(d) To gain knowledge.
5. What does the author tell Elijah Muhammad about his profession?
(a) That he has no profession.
(b) That he is a theologian.
(c) That he is a Christian preacher.
(d) That he is a writer.
Short Answer Questions
1. In which decade does the book take place?
2. Who gathers the survivors of God's catastrophe?
3. Which pair of words is used in the story to describe the author's brother?
4. What does the phrase, "down at the cross" refer to?
5. What are two words that are used to describe the white person's power in contrast to the black person?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)