|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On a grander scale, who is the author's letter from section one be addressed to?
(a) All human beings.
(b) White men and women specifically.
(c) All white men.
(d) The entire black community.
2. What is the age of the author?
(c) Not specified.
3. The author does not make a generalization toward ___________.
(a) White women.
(b) White people.
(c) Older black men.
(d) Young black men.
4. What does the author decide about the goals of the Nation of Islam?
(a) They are plausible.
(b) They begin to make sense.
(c) They are impossible.
(d) They are rightly founded.
5. Which country rules over India, as the author describes?
(a) The United States.
Short Answer Questions
1. The titles appear how many times throughout the book?
2. Which character is suspected of seeking racial fulfillment?
3. Americans must act from a place of love in order to preserve ___________.
4. Throughout the final section of the book, the author draws a fine line between hypocrisy and _________.
5. According to the author, people follow their religion ________________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the destiny of black people according to the Nation of Islam?
2. How does the author describe Elijah Muhammad?
3. What does the author believe about the cultural revolution sought by the Nation of Islam?
4. What is the author's definition of becoming a nation?
5. Where does the "rainbow in the sky" come from?
6. What does the author claim that black people must do to accept reality?
7. What is the author's view of those in power of religion?
8. Who is Elijah Muhammad?
9. Describe the author's feelings toward his father.
10. What are the similarities in the Nation of Islam and Christianity?
This section contains 653 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)