|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What political figure is associated with the Emancipation Proclamation?
(a) Martin Luther King.
(b) Andrew Johnson.
(c) Abraham Lincoln.
(d) Rosa Parks.
2. The term "brother" has a dual meaning to the author. Other than that of the biological, what does this term refer to?
(a) All men.
(b) Only black men and women.
(c) Other black men.
(d) Men and women.
3. Where is Harlem located?
(c) New York City.
4. What are sinners careful about casting upon others?
5. Which country rules over India, as the author describes?
(c) The United States.
Short Answer Questions
1. White people need to accept ____________.
2. Who is predominantly described as the perpetrator in this story?
3. Which of the following words does not accurately describe the author's nephew?
4. Throughout this book, America is termed as a place of both ___________ and ____________.
5. Which character is suspected of seeking racial fulfillment?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the author describe Elijah Muhammad?
2. What are the similarities in the Nation of Islam and Christianity?
3. Describe the tone of the final section of the book.
4. Describe the author's feelings toward his father.
5. What is the author's view of those in power of religion?
6. Describe the parallel that the author makes regarding black Americans.
7. What is the main exploration of section two, part two?
8. Describe the story of Noah and the flood.
9. Describe Elijah Muhammad's home.
10. Describe the context in which the author uses the term "inability".
This section contains 610 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)