|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is not a common profession for a black woman to hold?
2. Along with his own fears, who else fears that the author is trying to transcend?
(a) His grandfather.
(b) Elijah Muhammad.
(c) His son.
(d) His father.
3. What does the Emancipation Proclamation do?
(a) Force US slaves to return to Africa.
(b) Bind the slaves to their owners.
(c) Give slaves permission to return to Africa.
(d) Free the slaves.
4. Finish the quotation. "God gives Noah the ________________, no more water, the fire next time."
(a) Rainbow sign.
(d) Peace sign.
5. What derogatory term is used interchangeably with African Americas?
Short Answer Questions
1. The author seems to take some pleasure in the ______________ offered by both Christianity and the Nation of Islam.
2. Why does God punish the creatures of the earth?
3. Who is predominantly described as the victim in this story?
4. In the final section of the book the author tells what is needed from ______________.
5. What does the author reject in order to transcend his own anger?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the author feel when he hears that the destiny of the Nation of Islam is to condemn all white people?
2. What does Elijah Muhammad claim to be Allah's truth about black and white people?
3. What are the similarities in the Nation of Islam and Christianity?
4. What is it that the author becomes irritated by during the dinner at Elijah Muhammad's house?
5. Describe the logistics of the goal of the Nation of Islam?
6. Who is Elijah Muhammad?
7. What is the most horrible parallel that the author sees among Christian leaders and Elijah Muhammad?
8. What does the author claim that black people must do to accept reality?
9. Describe the parallel that the author makes regarding black Americans.
10. What is the author's view of those in power of religion?
This section contains 758 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)