|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "My Dungeon Shook: Letter to my Nephew on the One Hundredth Anniversary of Emancipation" – Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the letter recipient in "My Dungeon Shook"?
(a) George Baldwin.
(b) James Baldwin.
(c) David Baldwin.
(d) John Baldwin.
2. What does the author claim to act is to be in "My Dungeon Shook"?
3. The author claims in his conclusion of "My Dungeon Shook" that the country is celebrating one hundred years of freedom when?
(a) "One hundred years too late."
(b) "Two hundred years too soon."
(c) "One hundred years too soon."
(d) "Two hundred years too late."
4. After whom was the letter recipient named in "My Dungeon Shook"?
(a) After his father.
(b) After the author.
(c) After his grandfather.
(d) After his godfather.
5. For what work is Homer most known?
(a) The Cave.
(b) The Odyssey.
(c) The Poet's Destiny.
(d) Julius Caesar.
Short Answer Questions
1. When was E. Franklin Frazier born?
2. How many times does the author say he has begun his letter and torn it up in "My Dungeon Shook"?
3. Where was "My Dungeon Shook" first published?
4. The author writes in "My Dungeon Shook," "You were born where you were born, and faced the future that you faced because" of what?
5. What word from "My Dungeon Shook" refers to a firm upright support for a superstructure?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)