|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "My Dungeon Shook: Letter to my Nephew on the One Hundredth Anniversary of Emancipation" – Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What U.S. President issued the Emancipation Proclamation?
(a) Andrew Johnson.
(b) James Buchanan.
(c) Abraham Lincoln.
(d) Ulysses S. Grant.
2. What must one become "concerning destruction and death," according to the author in "My Dungeon Shook"?
(a) "Tough and philosophical."
(b) "Logical and honest."
(c) "Bold and incisive."
(d) "Peaceful and analytical."
3. How does the author describe his father's life in "My Dungeon Shook"?
4. Of the letter recipient's father, the author says in "My Dungeon Shook," "Let him laugh and I see" what?
(a) "A field of flowers and a vase of daisies."
(b) "A long and dark tunnel into the fear that hides behind his soul."
(c) "A grain silo sitting at the edge of the desert for no reason."
(d) "A cellar your father does not remember and a house he does not remember."
5. When did Charles Dickens die?
Short Answer Questions
1. When did E. Franklin Frazier help draft the UNESCO statement entitled The Race Question?
2. What does the author say can be heard in the letter recipient's father's "laughter and in his speech and in his songs" in "My Dungeon Shook"?
3. To whom is the author writing in "My Dungeon Shook"?
4. Of the letter recipient's father, the author says in "My Dungeon Shook," I hear in his present laughter" what?
5. What caused the author's father's defeat in "My Dungeon Shook"?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)