|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "My Dungeon Shook: Letter to my Nephew on the One Hundredth Anniversary of Emancipation" – Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the author describe his ancestors picking in "My Dungeon Shook"?
2. When was E. Franklin Frazier's book The Negro Family in the United States published?
3. What word from "My Dungeon Shook" refers to a seemingly self-contradictory statement or proposition that when investigated may proved to be true?
4. Whom does the author claim "no one has ever accused her of being bitter" in "My Dungeon Shook"?
(a) His sister.
(b) His wife.
(c) His daughter.
(d) His mother.
5. Charles Dickens is regarded as the greatest novelist of what era?
(a) The Victorian era.
(b) The Renaissance.
(c) The modernist era.
(d) The Edwardian era.
Short Answer Questions
1. When was E. Franklin Frazier born?
2. How does the author conclude his letter in "My Dungeon Shook"?
3. In "My Dungeon Shook," the author cites E. Franklin Frazier as describing a time when the blacks left the land and entered into what?
4. How does the author describe the stock from which the letter recipient came in "My Dungeon Shook"?
5. Where was "My Dungeon Shook" first published?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)