|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. A seer needs _____________ in his daily life in order to obtain the dreaming body, according to Don Juan's teachings.
2. As Don Juan and the narrator walk towards ______, Don Juan explains that the earth has a cocoon.
3. Don Juan shows the narrator the boost from the earth and tells him to focus on the big peak's glitter after demonstrating his _____.
4. Don Juan states that the mold of man is not a creator, it is a _____ of human attributes and worshiping it is an act of arrogance.
5. After the encounter with the mold of man, Don Juan mockingly suggests that the narrator become a ______.
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the name for the transition period when the assemblage point is moving from the normal position?
2. Describe the character of Julian's wife as she is described by Don Juan.
3. What does Don Juan do when Carlos begins to take a bath in his dreaming state?
4. What does Carlos complain about when he is talking with Don Juan and Don Genaro after seeing the mountain?
5. When Don Juan talks about perception as alignment, what does he instruct Carlos to do?
6. What happens when one shifts their assemblage point? What is the seer thus allowed as a result of this action?
7. Why is Carlos brought out into the desert with Don Juan and Don Genaro?
8. What is the place which Don Juan takes Carlos to in order to acquaint himself with the old seers?
9. What does Don Juan say that Carlos now has to do in relation to his assemblage point and the bands of emanations?
10. What does normal awareness include in its two bands of emanation?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Don Juan seems to have unresolved business with Julian which is hindering his ability to be a complete teacher and seer.
Part 1: Do you think it's a good idea for a teacher to still need to finish work on themselves while teaching others?
Part 2: Why do you think the Don Juan has not resolved the past with Julian?
Part 3: How do you think this unresolved issue with Julian is affecting the teachings for Carlos?
Essay Topic 2
The apprentices are brought into the teaching in order to be made new seers, it seems. They are entrusted with lessons which will help them feel and experience life beyond their bodies in order to teach others someday.
Part 1: What do you think the purpose of the seers might also be?
Part 2: Why do you think it's important for students to become teachers as well in the future?
Part 3: Do you think that all students have an obligation to teach what they know?
Essay Topic 3
Don Juan believes that Carlos is finally ready to be on his own and to become a warrior in his life and in his work.
Part 1: How would you define the idea of being a warrior? What does this mean to you?
Part 2: Do you think it's important for the world to have warriors in it?
Part 3: Why do you think that Don Juan believes that Carlos is ready to become a warrior at this time?
This section contains 747 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)