|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Don Juan tells the narrator that the old seers escaped death by fixing the position of their assemblage point in one of the lands of ______ awareness.
2. Don Juan tells the narrator that it is possible to be in two places at once through the use of the ______ body.
3. Don Juan says that __________ can help guide the movement of the assemblage point in dreaming.
4. Don Juan instructs the narrator to move his assemblage point around the rock. The narrator becomes nauseous with fear and feels something grip his ______.
5. When the mold takes shape, the narrator is ready to worship God personified. At this point Don Juan smacks the narrator in the ______.
Short Essay Questions
1. What are warriors supposed to do when they have any strong emotions come their way, according to the seers?
2. What does Don Juan say that Carlos now has to do in relation to his assemblage point and the bands of emanations?
3. What are the two types of stalkers which Don Juan describes to Carlos before he decides to leave?
4. What happens when one shifts their assemblage point? What is the seer thus allowed as a result of this action?
5. Why is La Catalina attracted to Carlos, which is why they need to see each other?
6. What does Carlos complain about when he is talking with Don Juan and Don Genaro after seeing the mountain?
7. What does Don Genaro do when he sleeps on the bench with Don Juan and Carlos?
8. Describe the character of Julian's wife as she is described by Don Juan.
9. How does Carlos battle his fright of a creature which appears when he is out in the desert?
10. What does Don Juan say that the mold of man actually is when speaking to Carlos?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
When Carlos encounters a number of different lessons and observations, he can become sick after taking in the knowledge.
Part 1: Why do you think that Carlos becomes ill during some of his lessons?
Part 2: Do you think that all students will become ill as a result of learning some of the lessons he is learning?
Part 3: How do you think the student should react after learning new things about the world and about themselves?
Essay Topic 2
The concept of the bands of emanations is one which might be confusing for a reader to understand.
Part 1: Why do you think that the bands of emanations are necessary in life?
Part 2: Do you believe that bands of emanations actually exist in the world or on some otherworldly plane?
Part 3: How do you think the bands of emanation affect your own life?
Essay Topic 3
With two teachers in many of the lessons, Carlos is constantly challenged in what he knows and what he thinks.
Part 1: Do you think that having two teachers is a good idea for the training of Carlos?
Part 2: Why do you think two teachers are present for many of Carlos and the other apprentices' training?
Part 3: In what ways might having more than one teacher be problematic for teaching and learning?
This section contains 735 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)