|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The narrator must shift this position in order to remember who the _____ in his dream was.
2. While at Oaxaca, Genaro and Don Juan question the narrator about his experience with alignment. As they walk the narrator sees Genaro and Don Juan as _____.
3. In which desert do Don Juan, Don Genaro, and Carlos meet in order to help Carlos meet up with a person?
4. Don Juan and Don Genaro say that ___________ are more bizarre as they are able to change forms more easily.
5. The narrator comes to the conclusion that the mold always appears to him as ______ because that is what he is familiar with.
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the name for the transition period when the assemblage point is moving from the normal position?
2. Describe the character of Julian's wife as she is described by Don Juan.
3. How does Carlos battle his fright of a creature which appears when he is out in the desert?
4. What happens when organic beings initiate contact with inorganic beings, though not all of the time?
5. Why is La Catalina attracted to Carlos, which is why they need to see each other?
6. What are the two types of stalkers which Don Juan describes to Carlos before he decides to leave?
7. What is the place which Don Juan takes Carlos to in order to acquaint himself with the old seers?
8. What is the explanation given as to why it's clear that Don Juan is a stalker who does care about people?
9. What are warriors supposed to do when they have any strong emotions come their way, according to the seers?
10. What does Don Juan say that the mold of man actually is when speaking to Carlos?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Don Juan believes that Carlos is finally ready to be on his own and to become a warrior in his life and in his work.
Part 1: How would you define the idea of being a warrior? What does this mean to you?
Part 2: Do you think it's important for the world to have warriors in it?
Part 3: Why do you think that Don Juan believes that Carlos is ready to become a warrior at this time?
Essay Topic 2
Carlos is told that sentient beings are on the earth in order to enhance their awareness.
Part 1: Why do you think this statement might be true?
Part 2: In what ways do you think this statement is false or at least partially false?
Part 3: How do you think the world would change if everyone suddenly agreed that people were on the earth only to enhance their awareness?
Essay Topic 3
When Carlos encounters a number of different lessons and observations, he can become sick after taking in the knowledge.
Part 1: Why do you think that Carlos becomes ill during some of his lessons?
Part 2: Do you think that all students will become ill as a result of learning some of the lessons he is learning?
Part 3: How do you think the student should react after learning new things about the world and about themselves?
This section contains 731 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)