|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The narrator hears a noise behind him and turning back he sees three grotesquely deformed ______.
2. According to the book, the aspect of alignment that keeps the assemblage point stationary is ______.
3. Of the bands that are present on Earth, many of them exist to produce ___________ without awareness.
4. After the experience at the site of the buried seers, Don Juan commends the narrator for doing well, objecting only to his ______ fear.
5. The narrator sees the mold of man which shows itself as a _______.
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Carlos battle his fright of a creature which appears when he is out in the desert?
2. What happens when one shifts their assemblage point? What is the seer thus allowed as a result of this action?
3. What did the old seers pattern themselves on, according to Don Juan?
4. Why is Carlos brought out into the desert with Don Juan and Don Genaro?
5. What is the explanation given as to why it's clear that Don Juan is a stalker who does care about people?
6. What does normal awareness include in its two bands of emanation?
7. Why is the narrator unable to be sad when he and Don Juan take their final trip to Oaxaca together?
8. What is the name for the transition period when the assemblage point is moving from the normal position?
9. What does Don Juan say that Carlos can do if he is using his dreaming body?
10. What does Carlos complain about when he is talking with Don Juan and Don Genaro after seeing the mountain?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
During much of the training, Don Juan tries to encourage Carlos to see and to seek out allies.
Part 1: Why do you think that allies are so important for a student to know?
Part 2: How do you think allies can help a student and teacher begin to understand more about the world?
Part 3: Do you think that everyone has allies upon which they can call?
Essay Topic 2
The mastery of awareness is the main lesson which Don Juan wants to teach Carlos in this book so that he may become a seer.
Part 1: Why do you think being aware of all that you can is important for a seer?
Part 2: Do you think there are levels of awareness which can not be easily understood?
Part 3: How do you think you might be able to enhance your own sense of awareness in the world?
Essay Topic 3
Carlos is told that sentient beings are on the earth in order to enhance their awareness.
Part 1: Why do you think this statement might be true?
Part 2: In what ways do you think this statement is false or at least partially false?
Part 3: How do you think the world would change if everyone suddenly agreed that people were on the earth only to enhance their awareness?
This section contains 699 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)