|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many mentors does Don Genaro have back at his house when Carlos and Don Juan join them there?
2. Don Genaro is more of a __________ than a seer, according to Don Juan when he is talking to Carlos in his lessons.
3. Warriors are preparing for ______________, and not death, according to Don Juan when Carlos asks him that question.
4. ____________ is weakened by the shift in his assemblage point during this lesson.
5. The Eagle commands that _____________ be used for creating life since having children taxes the glow of awareness.
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does La Gorda want to go into town with Don Juan and Carlos when the decide to do so?
2. Don Juan tells Carlos that men perceive a world of objects, but what is the reality of this perception in relation to emanation?
3. What happens to a person if the assemblage point is not returned to its original position?
4. What is the explanation for the fatigue which Carlos is feeling after his experience with Don Genaro and Don Juan?
5. What does the assemblage point select for alignment, as taught by Don Juan in a state of heightened awareness?
6. What does La Gorda do which immediately makes her feel badly, causing her to sit and weep after the incident?
7. Why doesn't Don Genaro care about the explanations of things which are being taught to Carlos?
8. What are the two types of seers which Don Juan describes to Carlos in their teachings together?
9. Don Juan explains that there are two sides of awareness in the world. What are the two sides of awareness?
10. Why does Carlos become suspicious of Don Juan and Don Genaro as they are sitting together?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
During many of the lessons, Carlos is asked to do things which might seem strange to some people, but he does them without question.
Part 1: Why do you think that Carlos is willing to do anything his teachers ask?
Part 2: Do you think that you would be as willing to simply do what a teacher asked without questioning it?
Part 3: How do you think Carlos has changed since he first began his lessons with his teachers?
Essay Topic 2
During much of the training, Don Juan tries to encourage Carlos to see and to seek out allies.
Part 1: Why do you think that allies are so important for a student to know?
Part 2: How do you think allies can help a student and teacher begin to understand more about the world?
Part 3: Do you think that everyone has allies upon which they can call?
Essay Topic 3
Don Juan wants Carlos to face La Catalina, someone who scares him and attracts him.
Part 1: Why is it necessary for Carlos to face down his fears?
Part 2: Do you think you would be able to handle the powers of La Catalina?
Part 3: Who is the one person in your life who scares you and how could you face them down in order to become stronger?
This section contains 744 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)