|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Don Juan tells Carlos that he cannot remember everything becomes some of the lessons are __________ in other parts of his being.
2. It is the ____________ point which will select the proper emanations for alignment with the being.
3. According to the lesson, the shift in the assemblage point is not only ____________.
4. Don Juan tells Carlos that the deepest learning will come during the period of ______________.
5. What does La Gorda do when she becomes angry with Carlos in the course of their meeting time?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was Don Juan sent to the boss' house when he is working at a sugar mill as a young man?
2. What is Carlos told to do when he asks for an example of what an ancient Toltec practice might be?
3. What were the two means of transportation into the realm of inorganic life which Don Juan says the Toltecs used?
4. How does Don Genaro help to spur on Carlos into a heightened state of awareness?
5. Why is the unknowable draining for new seers who have come to the path of being a student?
6. What does Carlos learn when he asks Don Juan if the warriors are preparing for death?
7. Why does La Gorda want to go into town with Don Juan and Carlos when the decide to do so?
8. How might one describe the idea of the nagual's blow, according to the teachings of Don Juan in the story?
9. What needs to happen if Carlos is to perceive an ally with his teachers and in his lessons?
10. What does La Gorda do which immediately makes her feel badly, causing her to sit and weep after the incident?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
During one point of his lessons, Carlos begins to realize that humans are nothing and the spirit world is all.
Part 1: Do you agree with the idea that humans are nothing or that they are insignificant?
Part 2: Why do you think that Carlos comes to the understanding that humans are nothing?
Part 3: How do you think humans play a role in the development of the world and of its awareness of spirit?
Essay Topic 2
The mastery of awareness is the main lesson which Don Juan wants to teach Carlos in this book so that he may become a seer.
Part 1: Why do you think being aware of all that you can is important for a seer?
Part 2: Do you think there are levels of awareness which can not be easily understood?
Part 3: How do you think you might be able to enhance your own sense of awareness in the world?
Essay Topic 3
Don Genaro pushes the assemblage point of Carlos because the internal dialog has been stopped.
Part 1: Why do you think internal dialog can affect the way a person is able to function in the world?
Part 2: Do you find that your life is affected by the internal dialog in your mind?
Part 3: What might the world look like if no one was able to have internal dialog?
This section contains 739 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)