|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As the narrator dances with Genaro, he watches himself and falls into confusion and his ______ along with Genaro's disappears.
2. Julian moves Don Juan's assemblage point in order to imbue two qualities: sustained ________ and unbending intent.
3. The narrator hears a noise behind him and turning back he sees three grotesquely deformed ______.
4. ___________ is close to leaving, which makes the house excited, even though Carlos tries to feel sad anyway.
(a) Don Juan.
(c) Don Genaro.
5. After the return to the rock, the narrator becomes aware of the fact that it is ______ who is pushing him to continue although it seems like the other is pushing him.
(b) Don Juan.
(c) The earth.
(d) The eagle.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the mold takes shape, the narrator is ready to worship God personified. At this point Don Juan smacks the narrator in the ______.
2. The narrator follows Don Genaro and they walk for hours until the narrator becomes ______ .
3. When the narrator feels gripped by an unseen force, Don Juan and Genaro tell him to _____.
4. __________ beings can become allies and the old seers were mesmerized by the allies' devotion.
5. Who is the person who both scares and attracts Carlos and whom he is to meet in the desert?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Carlos battle his fright of a creature which appears when he is out in the desert?
2. When Don Juan talks about perception as alignment, what does he instruct Carlos to do?
3. What is the place which Don Juan takes Carlos to in order to acquaint himself with the old seers?
4. What are the two types of stalkers which Don Juan describes to Carlos before he decides to leave?
5. What is the explanation given as to why it's clear that Don Juan is a stalker who does care about people?
6. What does Don Juan say that the mold of man actually is when speaking to Carlos?
7. Why is Carlos brought out into the desert with Don Juan and Don Genaro?
8. What does Don Juan do when Carlos begins to take a bath in his dreaming state?
9. What does Don Juan want to show Carlos about the mountains when they are off on their hike together?
10. Where is Carlos safe from being harmed by the seers when they come to attack him?
This section contains 619 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)