|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Carlos concentrates so hard on the conversation he is having with Don Juan that he does not realize that he _________.
2. Don Juan tells Carlos that he cannot remember everything becomes some of the lessons are __________ in other parts of his being.
3. Who becomes offended with Don Juan when he has not spoken to this character in two days?
(a) La Gorda.
(b) Don Genaro.
4. What does Carlos have to make for his trip to the creek near Don Genaro's home with Don Juan?
(d) Offering bundle.
5. Don Juan _________ is the Mexican-Indian sorcerer with which Carlos has been training for some time.
Short Answer Questions
1. Don Juan tells Carlos that the deepest learning will come during the period of ______________.
2. The _____________, according to Don Juan, is exhilarating to those who are able to experience it.
3. Carlos is extremely fatigued because Don Genaro pushed him into the ___________ and the narrator doesn't have enough energy for that.
4. What do Don Juan and Don Genaro do in order to play a little joke on Carlos? What do they put in front of him?
5. The Toltecs started on the path of power by eating _____________, according to the teaching of Don Juan.
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Don Genaro help to spur on Carlos into a heightened state of awareness?
2. What do Don Juan and Don Genaro debate when they see that Carlos seems melancholic?
3. What needs to happen if Carlos is to perceive an ally with his teachers and in his lessons?
4. Don Juan explains that there are two sides of awareness in the world. What are the two sides of awareness?
5. What does Don Juan want to use the mirror for in the exercise with Carlos down by the river?
6. Why does Carlos become suspicious of Don Juan and Don Genaro as they are sitting together?
7. What does Don Genaro find humorous about the various side of the narrator when they are all sitting at Don Genaro's house?
8. What does La Gorda do which immediately makes her feel badly, causing her to sit and weep after the incident?
9. What is revealed about his teachers to Carlos when he is in his left side awareness?
10. What are the two types of seers which Don Juan describes to Carlos in their teachings together?
This section contains 620 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)