|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does La Gorda do when she becomes angry with Carlos in the course of their meeting time?
(a) Kisses him.
(b) Sings to him.
(c) Rips his skin.
(d) Slaps him.
2. A blow from a nagual will create a sent in man's ____________, displacing the glow of awareness, according to Don Juan.
3. What suddenly appears in the mirror which Carlos is holding and looking into during a lesson with Don Juan?
(a) Third face.
4. Who does Don Juan warn Carlos he will meet the next day, someone who is scarier than the vision in the mirror?
(a) La Catalina.
(c) Don Luis.
(d) The creature.
5. While Don Genaro is sleeping, Don Juan explains to Carlos the second ____________ about awareness and seeing.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is able to shift the assemblage point of the narrator only because he stops his internal dialogue?
2. What does Carlos do when the ally tries to climb through the mirror during another lesson?
3. When a person begins movements to the ___________ as they shift their assemblage point, they can become seers.
4. There is a sense of __________ which arises when Carlos follows Don Genaro in his movements into a heightened sense of awareness.
5. Warriors are preparing for ______________, and not death, according to Don Juan when Carlos asks him that question.
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Carlos told to do when he asks for an example of what an ancient Toltec practice might be?
2. What is the explanation for the fatigue which Carlos is feeling after his experience with Don Genaro and Don Juan?
3. What does Carlos learn when he asks Don Juan if the warriors are preparing for death?
4. How does Don Genaro help to spur on Carlos into a heightened state of awareness?
5. Why was Don Juan sent to the boss' house when he is working at a sugar mill as a young man?
6. What does Don Genaro find humorous about the various side of the narrator when they are all sitting at Don Genaro's house?
7. Don Juan tells Carlos that men perceive a world of objects, but what is the reality of this perception in relation to emanation?
8. What are the two types of seers which Don Juan describes to Carlos in their teachings together?
9. What is the reason why Don Genaro is able to push the narrator's assemblage point in the story?
10. What does Don Juan want to use the mirror for in the exercise with Carlos down by the river?
This section contains 653 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)