|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. There is a sense of __________ which arises when Carlos follows Don Genaro in his movements into a heightened sense of awareness.
2. Don Juan _________ is the Mexican-Indian sorcerer with which Carlos has been training for some time.
3. Men perceive a a world of ___________ which in reality are a universe of a different kind, according to the lessons of Don Juan
(a) Stationary ideas.
4. What might the narrator's state of mind be described as in this part of the book, which leads Don Juan and Don Genaro to question whether he wants to be there?
5. When La Gorda does what she does to Carlos, what does Don Juan do in response to this action?
(a) Yells at her.
(b) Slaps her back.
(d) Walks away, laughing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened when Don Juan was working with his mirror? What did the ally do?
2. When a person begins movements to the ___________ as they shift their assemblage point, they can become seers.
3. Within the human experience are two different kinds of awareness, one of which being ________ awareness, which on the right side.
4. Don Juan says that they are going to talk about La Gorda in order to provoke her ______________ in her reaction.
5. ____________ is weakened by the shift in his assemblage point during this lesson.
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the reason why Don Genaro is able to push the narrator's assemblage point in the story?
2. What does Carlos learn when he asks Don Juan if the warriors are preparing for death?
3. Why is the unknowable draining for new seers who have come to the path of being a student?
4. What does La Gorda do which immediately makes her feel badly, causing her to sit and weep after the incident?
5. How might one describe the idea of the nagual's blow, according to the teachings of Don Juan in the story?
6. Why does Don Juan believe that it is useless to single out the oppression of the Yaqui tribe?
7. Don Juan explains that there are two sides of awareness in the world. What are the two sides of awareness?
8. What were the two means of transportation into the realm of inorganic life which Don Juan says the Toltecs used?
9. Why does Carlos become suspicious of Don Juan and Don Genaro as they are sitting together?
10. What happens to a person if the assemblage point is not returned to its original position?
This section contains 632 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)