|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Don Juan suggests that the narrator is failing in his bid for enlightenment. The narrator's confused _______ attention does not want to relinquish control.
2. After helping the narrator align his _______ with the ______ at large Genaro walks ahead and eventually disappears.
3. The narrator then remembers that he has seen the mold of man _____ times since then.
4. The narrator wakes in a stranger's bed and Don Juan is there with him. The narrator angrily stomps out of the house and begins to panic until Don Juan ____ him.
(b) Yells at.
5. The narrator, Don Juan, and Genaro sit on a bench. Genaro goes to sleep and his body _______. Genaro then waved from the other side of the square.
(b) Turned into two.
6. The narrator and Don Juan take their last trip to Oaxaca together but is unable to be sad because ______ is a contagious disease.
7. Don Juan instructs the narrator to look around him and he sees _______. Then the three of them begin walking back towards the rock.
(c) The allies.
(d) The eagle.
8. After the encounter with the mold of man, Don Juan mockingly suggests that the narrator become a ______.
9. Don Juan explains to the narrator that the old seers chose to live at any cost and patterned themselves on ______ and intended death away.
(b) The tumbler.
10. Don Juan says that __________ can help guide the movement of the assemblage point in dreaming.
11. ___________ is close to leaving, which makes the house excited, even though Carlos tries to feel sad anyway.
(c) Don Juan.
(d) Don Genaro.
12. Don Juan and Don Genaro say that ___________ are more bizarre as they are able to change forms more easily.
13. The narrator must shift this position in order to remember who the _____ in his dream was.
14. Julian teaches in a way which is more __________ than the way Don Juan teaches and does not allow for choice and free will.
15. Julian moves Don Juan's assemblage point in order to imbue two qualities: sustained ________ and unbending intent.
Short Answer Questions
1. The narrator must learn that everything in the world that man has learned to perceive is tied to the position of the ________.
2. The narrator becomes angry at Don Juan and is about to ______ when Don Juan sends him into a state of heightened awareness.
3. According to the book, the aspect of alignment that keeps the assemblage point stationary is ______.
4. Don Juan states that the mold of man is not a creator, it is a _____ of human attributes and worshiping it is an act of arrogance.
5. When the narrator feels gripped by an unseen force, Don Juan and Genaro tell him to _____.
This section contains 503 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)