|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Don Juan shares that _________ are closer kin to man than ants as they give off pink luminosities.
2. Don Juan explains to the narrator that it is possible to move great distances in the ______ position.
3. How many bands of emanations are on Earth, according to Don Juan in his teachings with Carlos?
4. The narrator hears a noise behind him and turning back he sees three grotesquely deformed ______.
5. According to the book, the aspect of alignment that keeps the assemblage point stationary is ______.
6. The narrator follows Don Genaro and they walk for hours until the narrator becomes ______ .
7. At one point at the site of the buried seers, Don Juan encourages the narrator to ______ the creatures but he is unable.
8. The movement of the assemblage point marks the end of the ________ quest and then they must seek another quest.
9. Don Juan and Don Genaro tell Carlos his feelings are normal as he is advancing on the path of becoming a _________.
10. A seer needs _____________ in his daily life in order to obtain the dreaming body, according to Don Juan's teachings.
11. The old seers used to intend death away through _______, which allowed them to escape the strikes of the tumbler.
(a) Burying themselves.
(b) Hiding in caves.
(c) Running away.
12. What is the animal form which La Catalina took when she was working with the other men?
13. What does Carlos feel like after his experience with La Catalina?
14. The ancient _________ seers thought it was valuable to break all of the barriers of perception, regardless of the consequences.
15. After helping the narrator align his _______ with the ______ at large Genaro walks ahead and eventually disappears.
Short Answer Questions
1. The narrator must learn that everything in the world that man has learned to perceive is tied to the position of the ________.
2. While at Oaxaca, Genaro and Don Juan question the narrator about his experience with alignment. As they walk the narrator sees Genaro and Don Juan as _____.
3. Normal awareness only has _______ bands of emanations, according to the teachings of Don Juan.
4. Don Juan suggests that the narrator is failing in his bid for enlightenment. The narrator's confused _______ attention does not want to relinquish control.
5. Don Juan explains to Carlos that perception is _______ and he must cut off his internal dialogue.
This section contains 442 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)