|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the impenetrable and deadly barrier that surrounds Wormwood?
2. What does Vega Jane witness when she visits her parents in UNDEVIGINTI: “Truly Alone”?
3. What color light had Morrigone waved at Vega on the night of Virgil’s Event?
4. What is Delph’s father’s profession?
5. What is the title of the book that Vega Jane finds hidden in Quentin Herms’s home?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Vega introduce herself and Delph in UNUS: “A Place Called Wormwood”? How old are these characters?
2. What message from Quentin Herms does Vega discover in DUO: “Stacks”? What does Vega do with the message?
3. What conversation takes place between Vega and John in the beginning of SEDECIM: “The Taking of John”?
4. What key does Vega choose in VIGINTI UNUS: “Eon and the Hole”? What does Eon tell her about her journey?
5. What does Vega discover when she returns to Wormwood in UNDECIM: “The Chain of Destin”?
6. How is Eon described in VIGINTI UNUS: “Eon and the Hole”? What does Eon give to Vega?
7. Who taunts Vega after the meeting in TREDECIM: “Morrigone Calls”? Where is Vega invited to have dinner?
8. Who speaks to Vega Jane on the battlefield in VIGINTI TRES: “Who Must Survive”? What is given to Vega?
9. How is Morrigone described in SEPTEM: “Morrigone”? What does Morrigone ask Vega in the chapter?
10. What is the reward that Julius Domitar describes to his employees in NOVEM: “The Reward”?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe and discuss the character of Harry Two in the narrative. Where does Harry Two first appear to Vega? Why does he remind Vega of her dog Harry? What characteristics does Harry Two exhibit?
Essay Topic 2
Describe and discuss the language style of the novel. What are examples of assonance, alliteration, onomatopoeia, rhythm, flow, etc. in the narrative? What elements of the language style of the novel stand out the most to you? What words has the author “created” to reflect the Wormwood dialect and vocabulary?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Vega Jane’s imprisonment and trial in the novel. Who arrests Vega? Why? Who are the judges that will sentence Vega? What is Vega Jane’s sentence?
This section contains 932 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)