|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Selene Jones shop that specializes in Noc-gazing?
2. What color light had Morrigone waved at Vega on the night of Virgil’s Event?
3. What is the term “Wug” short for in the novel?
4. Delph describes the story of what creatures as a “load-a rubbish”?
5. Who is the Council member who asks Vega Jane what she’s doing there when Vega witnesses a Wug she knows disappearing into the boundary surrounding Wormwood?
Short Essay Questions
1. What information does Thansius present at the special meeting in DUODECIM: “The Impossible Possibility”?
2. How is the setting of Stacks described in DUO: “Stacks”? What is Vega’s job there?
3. What is the first setting that Vega finds herself in after passing through the gate in VIGINTI DUO: “The Past Is Never Past”?
4. What proposal does Morrigone make to Vega in SEDECIM: “The Taking of John”? How does Vega respond?
5. Who speaks to Vega Jane on the battlefield in VIGINTI TRES: “Who Must Survive”? What is given to Vega?
6. What key does Vega choose in VIGINTI UNUS: “Eon and the Hole”? What does Eon tell her about her journey?
7. How is Morrigone described in SEPTEM: “Morrigone”? What does Morrigone ask Vega in the chapter?
8. What book does Vega discover hidden in Quentin Herms’s cottage in OCTO: “Inside a Book”? Where does she find it?
9. How is the chain called “Destin” introduced in UNDECIM: “The Chain of Destin”?
10. What message from Quentin Herms does Vega discover in DUO: “Stacks”? What does Vega do with the message?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the setting of the Quag based on the descriptions from Quentin Herms’s book and map. How large is the Quag in relation to the size of Wormwood? What creatures live in the Quag? Prior to examining Quentin Herms’s messages, what did Vega know about the Quag?
Essay Topic 2
Describe and discuss the rituals surrounding the Duelum in the novel. How frequently does the event take place? Who participates in the fights of the Duelum? How would you compare the Duelum to the Roman gladiatorial contests?
Essay Topic 3
Describe and discuss the character of Daniel Delphia (Delph) in the novel. How does Vega Jane know Delph? How old is Delph? What is notable about the way Delph speaks? How does Delph’s character evolve in the course of the story?
This section contains 907 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)