|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose funeral does Vega Jane witness in VIGINTI DUO: “The Past Is Never Past”?
2. What does Eon say most of the choosers end up choosing when they are offered the keys?
3. How much “flame water” is specified in the reward that Domitar tells Stacks' employees about in NOVEM: "The Reward"?
4. Whom does Vega Jane trip because he was making fun of Delph in TREDECIM: “Morrigone Calls”?
5. Who tells Vega that he’s been appointed chief of the newly established Wormwood Constabulary?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is the chain called “Destin” introduced in UNDECIM: “The Chain of Destin”?
2. What does Vega discover when she returns to Wormwood in UNDECIM: “The Chain of Destin”?
3. What key does Vega choose in VIGINTI UNUS: “Eon and the Hole”? What does Eon tell her about her journey?
4. How is Morrigone described in SEPTEM: “Morrigone”? What does Morrigone ask Vega in the chapter?
5. Why does Vega return to Stacks after work in VIGINTI UNUS: “Eon and the Hole”? What does Vega see in the pit there?
6. Where does Vega Jane go on the morning that opens Chapter SEX: “The Delphias”?
7. What does Delph reveal about his past and his stutter in Chapter SEX: “The Delphias”?
8. What conversation does Vega Jane overhear while hiding in Quentin’s cottage in NOVEM: “The Reward”?
9. How is Eon described in VIGINTI UNUS: “Eon and the Hole”? What does Eon give to Vega?
10. What leads Vega Jane to return to her childhood home in DUODEVIGINTI: “Home Again”?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the narrative style of The Finisher. Is the narrative related from a first, second, or third-person narrator? Is the narrator involved in the action of the story? Is the story told in the present or past tense? What effect does each of these authorial choices have on the reader?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Vega Jane’s imprisonment and trial in the novel. Who arrests Vega? Why? Who are the judges that will sentence Vega? What is Vega Jane’s sentence?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Vega Jane’s experiences while flying with Destin in the reading. What does Vega Jane discover about Wormwood and the Quag from her vantage point in the sky? How does this experience change her perspective of Wormwood and the Quag?
This section contains 933 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)