|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one thing Myron learns about Clu's body?
2. What do Pat and Zorra tell Myron?
3. What could FJ offer Clu?
4. Who answers the door at Barbara Cromwell's house?
5. At what club does Thrill meet Myron?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Sawyer and what does he have to do with Clu? Does Sawyer sound legitimate to you?
2. What does Myron find out about Barbara at the police station about Barbara?
3. What does Myron see when his hood is taken off and how does he feel? Why do you think Billy Lee is mad at Myron?
4. Why do you think Sophie is pushing Myron to find out who sent that diskette?
5. What does Myron accuse FJ of doing to Clu? Why do you think Clu switched agencies after what FJ told him?
6. How does Myron feel when he learns Clu left MB Sports? Do you think his leaving has anything to do with his murder?
7. What was Nancy's message from Pat to Myron? How does Myron feel about it? Do you think he should go?
8. How does Bonnie explain her affair to Myron?
9. What does Myron figure out as he walks around town after leaving the police station?
10. Who does Myron call after talking to Barbara and why?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss one of the following:
1. Thoroughly trace and analyze the theme of self-destruction.
2. Thoroughly trace and analyze the theme of violence.
3. Thoroughly trace and analyze the theme of illicit love.
Essay Topic 2
The media plays a role in several of the characters' lives and in muddying the waters so that it is more difficult to sort out the facts of the case. Discuss the following:
1. How does the media come to play in the car accident that Clu and Billy Lee have when they are younger?
2. How does the media come to play in Esperanza's situation?
3. Do you think the media have some responsibility in why Clu commits suicide? Why or why not?
4. How do you think the media will treat the vindication and release of Esperanza?
Essay Topic 3
The murder victim, Clu Haid, was a gifted athlete, but led a life of debauchery that leads to his premature death. Discuss the following:
1. Describe and analyze the character of Clu Haid.
2. How could Clu have done things differently and perhaps still be alive?
3. Do you believe Clu is a sympathetic character? Why or why not?
4. Who else in the story led a similar life to Clu and what happens to that person?
This section contains 973 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)