|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Myron call and to set up a meeting with?
2. What is one thing Myron learns about Clu's body?
3. What was Sawyer's main goal with Clu?
4. Where does Myron go after he leaves Sophie?
5. Why is Bonnie upset and scared when Myron talks to her?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Win and Myron go to Barbara Cromwell's house the first time?
2. What does Myron find out about Barbara at the police station about Barbara?
3. What does Myron figure out as he walks around town after leaving the police station?
4. What does Myron tell Sophie when he calls her and what does she ask him to do? Why do you think she is asking Myron instead of the police?
5. What does Myron find out from Sandy Li and why do you think it is important to the case that Clu was clean?
6. Who does Myron call after talking to Barbara and why?
7. What does FJ promise Myron and what does he ask for in return? Do you think Myron should agree to FJ's terms?
8. How does Pat end up getting shot? Why do you think Billy Lee started crying?
9. Why do you think Sophie is pushing Myron to find out who sent that diskette?
10. What foreshadowing do you see in this chapter? Do you think Myron and Lucy are connected considering he doesn't think he's ever met her?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss one of the following:
1. Thoroughly trace and analyze the theme of self-destruction.
2. Thoroughly trace and analyze the theme of violence.
3. Thoroughly trace and analyze the theme of illicit love.
Essay Topic 2
This story involves sports and agencies who manage big-name sport personnel. Discuss the following:
1. Explain the "ins and outs" of Myron's business.
2. Why do you think highly-paid athletes need someone like Myron to manage their affairs? Give examples
3. Would you trust Myron with your affairs? How about TruPro? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
One of the themes in this novel is about justice. Discuss the following:
1. Trace and analyze the theme of justice throughout the novel. Give specific examples.
2. Sophie thinks she is gaining justice by her machinations to revenge Lucy's death. Is her plan just? Why or why not.
3. By the end of the novel, has justice been meted out to the guilty parties? Why or why not?
This section contains 996 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)