|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is another thing Myron learns about Clu?
2. How do Myron and Win feel about Sawyer's work.
3. Why does Myron walk around town?
4. At what club does Thrill meet Myron?
5. What else does Meyer realize about Billy Lee?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Myron see when his hood is taken off and how does he feel? Why do you think Billy Lee is mad at Myron?
2. What happens when Win and Myron go to Barbara Cromwell's house the first time?
3. How does Pat end up getting shot? Why do you think Billy Lee started crying?
4. Why do you think Sophie is pushing Myron to find out who sent that diskette?
5. What was Nancy's message from Pat to Myron? How does Myron feel about it? Do you think he should go?
6. How does the author explore Myron's conservative view of sexuality and gender in this section?
7. Who is Sawyer and what does he have to do with Clu? Does Sawyer sound legitimate to you?
8. How does Bonnie explain her affair to Myron?
9. What does Myron tell Sophie when he calls her and what does she ask him to do? Why do you think she is asking Myron instead of the police?
10. What does Myron accuse FJ of doing to Clu? Why do you think Clu switched agencies after what FJ told him?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss one of the following:
1. Compare/contrast Myron with Win.
2. Thoroughly describe and analyze the character Esperanza.
3. Thoroughly describe and analyze the character Big Cyndi.
Essay Topic 2
Several people are killed either during the action of the book or in the past before the action of the book takes place. Discuss the following:
1. Describe and analyze the deaths in the book (other than that of Clu) and whether you think the deaths were "deserved."
2. Do you think Win should be held accountable for the death (Billy Lee) for which he was responsible?
3. Do you think Sophie should be held accountable for her part in encouraging Clu's behavior to the extent that he kills himself?
Essay Topic 3
Myron and Win are good friends, though they are very different. Discuss the following:
1. Describe Myron and Win's friendship. Give examples.
2. Why do you think Myron continues to be friends with Win even though Myron strongly disapproves of much of what Win does?
3. Would you be willing to have a friend who is like Win? Why or why not?
This section contains 1,130 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)