|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Esperanza tell Myron about the case when he finally sees her?
2. Why are Myron and the woman at the beach?
3. What was Billy Lee like in college?
4. What does Jessica tell Myron?
5. What does the DA want to prove in Esperanza's case?
Short Essay Questions
1. What reason does FJ use to pressure Myron into selling MB Sports Reps?
2. What happened when Myron found a brown envelope in his office? What do you think the message was?
3. What type of theme seems to be in evidence with Clu's life? Do you think Clu was a bad person?
4. What happens when Myron sees Esperanza? Why do you think she won't talk to Myron?
5. Why do you think Sophie is pushing Myron to find out who sent that diskette?
6. At the beginning of the book, where is Myron Bolitar, who is he with, and how long has he been there?
7. What does Myron find out about Barbara at the police station about Barbara?
8. What was Nancy's message from Pat to Myron? How does Myron feel about it? Do you think he should go?
9. Describe how you perceive Clu as a person.
10. What do you think Myron and Esperanza's relationship is like and how do you think Myron feels about it?
Essay Topic 1
Myron and Win are good friends, though they are very different. Discuss the following:
1. Describe Myron and Win's friendship. Give examples.
2. Why do you think Myron continues to be friends with Win even though Myron strongly disapproves of much of what Win does?
3. Would you be willing to have a friend who is like Win? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Early on, there are several hints that Esperanza is a lesbian and then that Clu may be a cross dresser (transvestite). Discuss the following:
1. Thoroughly trace and analyze the theme of gender.
2. Thoroughly trace and analyze the theme of sexuality.
3. Thoroughly analyze and discuss the bar Take a Guess and why you think people go to this bar.
Essay Topic 3
Myron feels guilty for being away for a few weeks because of what happens to Clu. Discuss the following:
1. Is Myron responsible for what happens to Clu? Why or why not.
2. Can anyone truly take responsibility for another adult's actions? Discuss with examples.
3. Is a person ultimately responsible for his/her own actions? Why do you think many people feel guilty for another person's actions?
This section contains 2,364 words
(approx. 8 pages at 300 words per page)