|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What comes on the screen when he puts in the diskette?
2. Why does Win call Myron as Myron is driving home?
3. Who found the phone number in Clu's records?
4. About what is Myron pressured by TruPro?
5. What does Myron do after he wakes up in Win's apartment?
Short Essay Questions
1. What kind of history does Myron have with the Aches and what kind of business men are the two?
2. Describe how you perceive Clu as a person.
3. Why do you think Cyndi and Esperanza believe Myron abandoned them?
4. Describe Clu Haid.
5. What happened when Myron found a brown envelope in his office? What do you think the message was?
6. What happens when Myron returns to Win's apartment from the club? Do you think Win was wrong for laughing at Myron?
7. What happens to Myron when Big Cyndi leaves him with Pat? Do you think it's plausible that he could have gotten away given the knife slashes and the cattle prod?
8. What is the author saying about sexuality in the scenario of the Take a Guess Club? Do you think Myron is too conservative or old fashioned for judging those people?
9. What type of theme seems to be in evidence with Clu's life? Do you think Clu was a bad person?
10. Describe the kind of club has Big Cyndi connected with Clu? Do you think that a wife would be justified to throw out a husband if he went to that type of club?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Early on, there are several hints that Esperanza is a lesbian and then that Clu may be a cross dresser (transvestite). Discuss the following:
1. Thoroughly trace and analyze the theme of gender.
2. Thoroughly trace and analyze the theme of sexuality.
3. Thoroughly analyze and discuss the bar Take a Guess and why you think people go to this bar.
Essay Topic 2
Myron tells Sophie that there was always a chance that Clu could relapse because most recovering drug abusers do.
1. Do you believe Myron is correct in saying that most recovering drug abusers usually relapse?
2. What do you think keeps a drug addict from relapsing?
3. Do you know of any drug addicts who have stayed clean for years? How did s/he do so?
Essay Topic 3
Esperanza seems disturbed that Myron is bending laws and rules and justifying wrong actions. Discuss the following:
1. In what ways has Myron been bending laws and rules and justifying wrong actions?
2. Do you think there is ever justification for taking the law into your own hands and killing someone whether they did something really bad or not?
3. Who seems more ethical to you--Esperanza or Myron? Explain with examples.
This section contains 1,363 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)