|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Win feel about Esperanza's case?
2. What does Dr. Kristin Czerski find when she searches the diskette?
3. What happens when Myron defends Esperanza to Win?
4. What happens in the courtroom when Esperanza's case is announced?
5. How does Myron feel about the $200K from Clu's account?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened when Myron found a brown envelope in his office? What do you think the message was?
2. What happens when Myron sees Esperanza? Why do you think she won't talk to Myron?
3. What type of theme seems to be in evidence with Clu's life? Do you think Clu was a bad person?
4. Of what does Sophie accuse Myron and do you think she had the right to do so?
5. What do you think Myron and Esperanza's relationship is like and how do you think Myron feels about it?
6. What does Win tell Myron?
7. At the beginning of the book, where is Myron Bolitar, who is he with, and how long has he been there?
8. What happens as Myron is staring at the water?
9. How had things been going for Clu when Myron left on vacation and how did that change?
10. What happened about the hearing for bail for Esperanza? Do you think the judge was fair?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Several people are killed either during the action of the book or in the past before the action of the book takes place. Discuss the following:
1. Describe and analyze the deaths in the book (other than that of Clu) and whether you think the deaths were "deserved."
2. Do you think Win should be held accountable for the death (Billy Lee) for which he was responsible?
3. Do you think Sophie should be held accountable for her part in encouraging Clu's behavior to the extent that he kills himself?
Essay Topic 2
Hester Crimstein is the defense attorney for Esperanza. Discuss the following:
1. Do you believe Crimstein is working in the best interest of her client? Why or why not.
2. Do you beleive Crimstein is a competent attorney? An outstanding attorney? Explain your stance.
3. Do you believe Crimstein is the best attorney to handle Esperanza's defense? Why or why not.
Essay Topic 3
Esperanza seems disturbed that Myron is bending laws and rules and justifying wrong actions. Discuss the following:
1. In what ways has Myron been bending laws and rules and justifying wrong actions?
2. Do you think there is ever justification for taking the law into your own hands and killing someone whether they did something really bad or not?
3. Who seems more ethical to you--Esperanza or Myron? Explain with examples.
This section contains 1,338 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)