|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jessica tell Myron?
2. What does Bonnie ask Myron to do?
3. What is the name of Win's company?
4. What does Esperanza tell Myron about the case when he finally sees her?
5. How did Myron know Clu originally?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Myron when Big Cyndi leaves him with Pat? Do you think it's plausible that he could have gotten away given the knife slashes and the cattle prod?
2. Why do you think Cyndi and Esperanza believe Myron abandoned them?
3. What does Jessica tell Myron about Clu? Do you think Myron being in danger had anything to do with Clu's death?
4. What does Billy Lee's mother tell Myron? Do you think it was right for her to blame Myron for not helping Billy Lee?
5. Describe Clu Haid.
6. What happens when Myron returns to Win's apartment from the club? Do you think Win was wrong for laughing at Myron?
7. How had things been going for Clu when Myron left on vacation and how did that change?
8. Why do the police think Esperanza has killed Clu?
9. What does Myron tell Esperanza when he next sees her? Why do you think he said it?
10. Who does Myron first meet at the Take a Guess club and what happens in that encounter? Do you think he had a right to know if the person was a man or woman?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Myron tells Sophie that there was always a chance that Clu could relapse because most recovering drug abusers do.
1. Do you believe Myron is correct in saying that most recovering drug abusers usually relapse?
2. What do you think keeps a drug addict from relapsing?
3. Do you know of any drug addicts who have stayed clean for years? How did s/he do so?
Essay Topic 2
The murder victim, Clu Haid, was a gifted athlete, but led a life of debauchery that leads to his premature death. Discuss the following:
1. Describe and analyze the character of Clu Haid.
2. How could Clu have done things differently and perhaps still be alive?
3. Do you believe Clu is a sympathetic character? Why or why not?
4. Who else in the story led a similar life to Clu and what happens to that person?
Essay Topic 3
Myron feels guilty for being away for a few weeks because of what happens to Clu. Discuss the following:
1. Is Myron responsible for what happens to Clu? Why or why not.
2. Can anyone truly take responsibility for another adult's actions? Discuss with examples.
3. Is a person ultimately responsible for his/her own actions? Why do you think many people feel guilty for another person's actions?
This section contains 1,206 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)