|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Myron want to investigate about Clu?
2. Who calls Myron for a meeting?
3. How often did Clu have to take a drug test?
4. What does Myron ask Hester about?
5. What does Myron see that causes him to leave Sophie's office?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do the police think Esperanza has killed Clu?
2. What do Myron and Win finally settle on as a possible reason for Clu's murder? Do you think their idea is plausible?
3. What does Jessica tell Myron about Clu? Do you think Myron being in danger had anything to do with Clu's death?
4. What does Esperanza think about Win and Myron's friendship? Do you think she is right?
5. What type of theme seems to be in evidence with Clu's life? Do you think Clu was a bad person?
6. What happens as Myron is staring at the water?
7. How did Myron react to the news of Clu's withdrawal? Do you think it was moral or ethical for Win to give Clu the money?
8. What happens to Myron when Big Cyndi leaves him with Pat? Do you think it's plausible that he could have gotten away given the knife slashes and the cattle prod?
9. What happens when Myron returns to Win's apartment from the club? Do you think Win was wrong for laughing at Myron?
10. How had things been going for Clu when Myron left on vacation and how did that change?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
This story involves sports and agencies who manage big-name sport personnel. Discuss the following:
1. Explain the "ins and outs" of Myron's business.
2. Why do you think highly-paid athletes need someone like Myron to manage their affairs? Give examples
3. Would you trust Myron with your affairs? How about TruPro? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Several people are killed either during the action of the book or in the past before the action of the book takes place. Discuss the following:
1. Describe and analyze the deaths in the book (other than that of Clu) and whether you think the deaths were "deserved."
2. Do you think Win should be held accountable for the death (Billy Lee) for which he was responsible?
3. Do you think Sophie should be held accountable for her part in encouraging Clu's behavior to the extent that he kills himself?
Essay Topic 3
The murder victim, Clu Haid, was a gifted athlete, but led a life of debauchery that leads to his premature death. Discuss the following:
1. Describe and analyze the character of Clu Haid.
2. How could Clu have done things differently and perhaps still be alive?
3. Do you believe Clu is a sympathetic character? Why or why not?
4. Who else in the story led a similar life to Clu and what happens to that person?
This section contains 1,232 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)