|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Myron think the club had to do with Clu and Bonnie?
2. What does the doctor say about the diskette?
3. What does Myron ask Hester about?
4. How much money was missing from Clu's bank account?
5. How does Myron feel about Thrill?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Esperanza think about Win and Myron's friendship? Do you think she is right?
2. What happens when Myron sees Esperanza? Why do you think she won't talk to Myron?
3. How does Pat end up getting shot? Why do you think Billy Lee started crying?
4. Why do the police think Esperanza has killed Clu?
5. What happens during the meeting between Myron and Bonnie Haide? Why do you think she has said what she said?
6. What does Myron accuse FJ of doing to Clu? Why do you think Clu switched agencies after what FJ told him?
7. What does Myron find out about Esperanza and Bonnie that surprises him? Do you think as well as Myron knows Esperanza he should have known about Bonnie?
8. What happens when Myron returns to Win's apartment from the club? Do you think Win was wrong for laughing at Myron?
9. How did Myron react to the news of Clu's withdrawal? Do you think it was moral or ethical for Win to give Clu the money?
10. Why do you think Esperanza wanted to keep the affair a secret?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
This story involves sports and agencies who manage big-name sport personnel. Discuss the following:
1. Explain the "ins and outs" of Myron's business.
2. Why do you think highly-paid athletes need someone like Myron to manage their affairs? Give examples
3. Would you trust Myron with your affairs? How about TruPro? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
When Myron visits Sophie about her daughter, Lucy, Sophie implores Myron to follow the connection to try to discover what happened to Lucy. This is an example of literary foreshadowing. Discuss the following:
1. Define the term foreshadowing as it applies to literature.
2. Thoroughly discuss three examples of foreshadowing in the book.
3. Why do writers often use foreshadowing? Does it enhance the experience of reading the book for you or not? Explain.
4. Were there any examples of foreshadowing that you misinterpreted? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
Hester Crimstein is the defense attorney for Esperanza. Discuss the following:
1. Do you believe Crimstein is working in the best interest of her client? Why or why not.
2. Do you beleive Crimstein is a competent attorney? An outstanding attorney? Explain your stance.
3. Do you believe Crimstein is the best attorney to handle Esperanza's defense? Why or why not.
This section contains 2,377 words
(approx. 8 pages at 300 words per page)