|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What evidence related to Esperanza have the police found at Clu's apartment?
2. About how long has Myron been at the beach?
3. What happens when Myron leaves the courthouse?
4. What does Hester say about Myron's suspicions concerning the DA's office?
5. What does Billy's mother ask Myron?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do you think Cyndi and Esperanza believe Myron abandoned them?
2. What does Hester ask Myron and why do you think she asked him?
3. How did Myron react to the news of Clu's withdrawal? Do you think it was moral or ethical for Win to give Clu the money?
4. What does Jessica tell Myron about Clu? Do you think Myron being in danger had anything to do with Clu's death?
5. What happened when Myron found a brown envelope in his office? What do you think the message was?
6. Why does Myron insist that Hester is not the best lawyer for Esperanza?
7. What does Win tell Myron?
8. Describe the kind of club has Big Cyndi connected with Clu? Do you think that a wife would be justified to throw out a husband if he went to that type of club?
9. What does Billy Lee's mother tell Myron? Do you think it was right for her to blame Myron for not helping Billy Lee?
10. Of what does Sophie accuse Myron and do you think she had the right to do so?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Esperanza seems disturbed that Myron is bending laws and rules and justifying wrong actions. Discuss the following:
1. In what ways has Myron been bending laws and rules and justifying wrong actions?
2. Do you think there is ever justification for taking the law into your own hands and killing someone whether they did something really bad or not?
3. Who seems more ethical to you--Esperanza or Myron? Explain with examples.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss one of the following:
1. Thoroughly trace and analyze the theme of self-destruction.
2. Thoroughly trace and analyze the theme of violence.
3. Thoroughly trace and analyze the theme of illicit love.
Essay Topic 3
Myron and Win are good friends, though they are very different. Discuss the following:
1. Describe Myron and Win's friendship. Give examples.
2. Why do you think Myron continues to be friends with Win even though Myron strongly disapproves of much of what Win does?
3. Would you be willing to have a friend who is like Win? Why or why not?
This section contains 1,184 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)