|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hester tell Myron about Esperanza?
2. What does the doctor say about the diskette?
3. What is the name of the woman Myron is with?
4. What does Esperanza want Win to do?
5. What happens when Myron defends Esperanza to Win?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens during the meeting between Myron and Bonnie Haide? Why do you think she has said what she said?
2. What type of theme seems to be in evidence with Clu's life? Do you think Clu was a bad person?
3. What do Myron and Win finally settle on as a possible reason for Clu's murder? Do you think their idea is plausible?
4. Why do the police think Esperanza has killed Clu?
5. Why do you think Cyndi and Esperanza believe Myron abandoned them?
6. Describe how you perceive Clu as a person.
7. Who does Myron first meet at the Take a Guess club and what happens in that encounter? Do you think he had a right to know if the person was a man or woman?
8. What happens as Myron is staring at the water?
9. What does Esperanza think about Win and Myron's friendship? Do you think she is right?
10. What does Hester ask Myron and why do you think she asked him?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Clu Haid kills himself after it seems his life is falling apart. Discuss the following:
1. Does it make sense that Haid kills himself? Why or why not?
2. If Clu has been clean and his drug test shows positive, why do you think Clu does not demand a new drug test since he would know if he had been using.
3. Does it sometimes seem that a person kills themselves when they think they have no options left? Do you think Clu feels this way before he dies?
4. Do you believe Clu's wife's affair contributed to his suicide? Why or why not.
Essay Topic 2
This story involves sports and agencies who manage big-name sport personnel. Discuss the following:
1. Explain the "ins and outs" of Myron's business.
2. Why do you think highly-paid athletes need someone like Myron to manage their affairs? Give examples
3. Would you trust Myron with your affairs? How about TruPro? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
When Myron visits Sophie about her daughter, Lucy, Sophie implores Myron to follow the connection to try to discover what happened to Lucy. This is an example of literary foreshadowing. Discuss the following:
1. Define the term foreshadowing as it applies to literature.
2. Thoroughly discuss three examples of foreshadowing in the book.
3. Why do writers often use foreshadowing? Does it enhance the experience of reading the book for you or not? Explain.
4. Were there any examples of foreshadowing that you misinterpreted? Explain.
This section contains 1,177 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)