|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What pulls up in the water near the couple?
2. What does the doctor say about the diskette?
3. Why is Esperanza refusing to tell Myron about the case?
4. Where is the beach located where Myron is relaxing at the beginning of the book?
5. What did the police find in Myron's office that was connected with Clu?
Short Essay Questions
1. What can you say about Billy Lee from his behavior when he has Myron captive?
2. What do Win and Myron do when they go to Massachusetts? Do you think the motel clerk should be fired?
3. Who is Sawyer and what does he have to do with Clu? Does Sawyer sound legitimate to you?
4. What reason does FJ use to pressure Myron into selling MB Sports Reps?
5. How had things been going for Clu when Myron left on vacation and how did that change?
6. What does Esperanza think about Win and Myron's friendship? Do you think she is right?
7. What happens during the meeting between Myron and Bonnie Haide? Why do you think she has said what she said?
8. Of what does Sophie accuse Myron and do you think she had the right to do so?
9. What does FJ tell Myron and do you think Myron should do it?
10. What does Myron tell Hester about an incident with Clu driving in Massachusetts?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss one of the following:
1. Thoroughly trace and analyze the theme of self-destruction.
2. Thoroughly trace and analyze the theme of violence.
3. Thoroughly trace and analyze the theme of illicit love.
Essay Topic 2
Early on, there are several hints that Esperanza is a lesbian and then that Clu may be a cross dresser (transvestite). Discuss the following:
1. Thoroughly trace and analyze the theme of gender.
2. Thoroughly trace and analyze the theme of sexuality.
3. Thoroughly analyze and discuss the bar Take a Guess and why you think people go to this bar.
Essay Topic 3
This story involves sports and agencies who manage big-name sport personnel. Discuss the following:
1. Explain the "ins and outs" of Myron's business.
2. Why do you think highly-paid athletes need someone like Myron to manage their affairs? Give examples
3. Would you trust Myron with your affairs? How about TruPro? Explain.
This section contains 2,394 words
(approx. 8 pages at 300 words per page)