|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the woman ask Myron?
2. How often did Clu have to take a drug test?
3. Why did Win and Myron tolerate Billy Lee?
4. How do you know if you're going home with a man or woman from the club?
5. What does Esperanza think about Win and Myron?
Short Essay Questions
1. How had things been going for Clu when Myron left on vacation and how did that change?
2. What does Myron tell Esperanza when he next sees her? Why do you think he said it?
3. How did the press act about Esperanza's case? Do you think that was ethical of the press to act like that?
4. What does Billy Lee's mother tell Myron? Do you think it was right for her to blame Myron for not helping Billy Lee?
5. Describe Clu Haid.
6. What happened when Myron found a brown envelope in his office? What do you think the message was?
7. How did Myron react to the news of Clu's withdrawal? Do you think it was moral or ethical for Win to give Clu the money?
8. What does Jessica tell Myron about Clu? Do you think Myron being in danger had anything to do with Clu's death?
9. Of what does Sophie accuse Myron and do you think she had the right to do so?
10. What does Hester ask Myron and why do you think she asked him?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Several people are killed either during the action of the book or in the past before the action of the book takes place. Discuss the following:
1. Describe and analyze the deaths in the book (other than that of Clu) and whether you think the deaths were "deserved."
2. Do you think Win should be held accountable for the death (Billy Lee) for which he was responsible?
3. Do you think Sophie should be held accountable for her part in encouraging Clu's behavior to the extent that he kills himself?
Essay Topic 2
This story involves sports and agencies who manage big-name sport personnel. Discuss the following:
1. Explain the "ins and outs" of Myron's business.
2. Why do you think highly-paid athletes need someone like Myron to manage their affairs? Give examples
3. Would you trust Myron with your affairs? How about TruPro? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
Clu Haid kills himself after it seems his life is falling apart. Discuss the following:
1. Does it make sense that Haid kills himself? Why or why not?
2. If Clu has been clean and his drug test shows positive, why do you think Clu does not demand a new drug test since he would know if he had been using.
3. Does it sometimes seem that a person kills themselves when they think they have no options left? Do you think Clu feels this way before he dies?
4. Do you believe Clu's wife's affair contributed to his suicide? Why or why not.
This section contains 1,350 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)