|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Billy Lee's mother say about where he is?
(a) He's visiting Europe.
(b) He's not at home.
(c) He's in prison.
(d) He is in rehab.
2. What does Esperanza tell Myron about the case when he finally sees her?
(a) She was with Cyndi that night.
(c) She didn't kill Clu.
(d) She was out of town when it happened.
3. How do you know if you're going home with a man or woman from the club?
(a) Woman alway grab your left arm first.
(b) Men have an earring in the left ear, woman in the right.
(c) You ask.
(d) You don't.
4. Who else does Myron decide to visit?
(b) Billy Lee's parents.
(d) Bonnie's sister.
5. What type of work did Cyndi do at one time in her life?
(d) Professional poker player.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money was missing from Clu's bank account?
2. Where is the beach located where Myron is relaxing at the beginning of the book?
3. Why does Myron think someone in the DA's office has it out for Esperanza?
4. What does Bonnie Haide ask Myron?
5. What does Hester say about Myron's suspicions concerning the DA's office?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Hester ask Myron and why do you think she asked him?
2. Of what does Sophie accuse Myron and do you think she had the right to do so?
3. What reason does FJ use to pressure Myron into selling MB Sports Reps?
4. What kind of history does Myron have with the Aches and what kind of business men are the two?
5. What happens to Myron when Big Cyndi leaves him with Pat? Do you think it's plausible that he could have gotten away given the knife slashes and the cattle prod?
6. Who does Myron first meet at the Take a Guess club and what happens in that encounter? Do you think he had a right to know if the person was a man or woman?
7. Why do you think Cyndi and Esperanza believe Myron abandoned them?
8. What happens when Myron sees Esperanza? Why do you think she won't talk to Myron?
9. What type of theme seems to be in evidence with Clu's life? Do you think Clu was a bad person?
10. Explain why you think Hester is an example of a strong, smart, and powerful woman.
This section contains 1,171 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)