|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the woman Myron is with?
(a) Barbara Haskins.
(b) Pauline Newton.
(c) Maria Castanella.
(d) Terese Collins.
2. What evidence related to Esperanza have the police found at Clu's apartment?
(a) An earring.
(b) Skin cells.
(c) A jacket.
3. What does Billy's mother ask Myron?
(a) Why he didn't help Billy Lee.
(b) If he knew where Billy was living.
(c) Why Billy started using drugs.
(d) Why Myron and Win didn't like Billy.
4. What does Myron do when he goes to his office?
(a) Gets drunk.
(b) Searches Esperanza's office.
(c) Begins to call clients.
(d) Starts looking through the files.
5. Where does Myron spend the first night after he gets back to New York?
(a) Win's apartment.
(b) His house.
(c) Win's office.
(d) His office.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who assaults Myron on the way to the courthouse the next day after he sees Hester?
2. From what college did Myron graduate?
3. What does Hester ask Myron?
4. What does Myron want to investigate about Clu?
5. What comes on the screen when he puts in the diskette?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens during the meeting between Myron and Bonnie Haide? Why do you think she has said what she said?
2. What does Esperanza think about Win and Myron's friendship? Do you think she is right?
3. What do Myron and Win finally settle on as a possible reason for Clu's murder? Do you think their idea is plausible?
4. Describe the kind of club has Big Cyndi connected with Clu? Do you think that a wife would be justified to throw out a husband if he went to that type of club?
5. What happens to Myron when Big Cyndi leaves him with Pat? Do you think it's plausible that he could have gotten away given the knife slashes and the cattle prod?
6. How did Myron react to the news of Clu's withdrawal? Do you think it was moral or ethical for Win to give Clu the money?
7. What happens as Myron is staring at the water?
8. What does Win tell Myron?
9. Why do the police think Esperanza has killed Clu?
10. What does Myron tell Esperanza when he next sees her? Why do you think he said it?
This section contains 1,180 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)