|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Myron ask Hester about?
(a) The judge Esperanza's case.
(b) Big Cyndi.
(c) The police chief.
(d) Esperanza's case.
2. Where do Myron and Win go as soon as they return to New York?
(a) The morgue.
(b) Esperanza's house.
(c) The courthouse.
(d) The police station.
3. Where does Myron spend the first night after he gets back to New York?
(a) His office.
(b) Win's office.
(c) Win's apartment.
(d) His house.
4. Who do they both settle on for a suspect?
(b) Billy Lee.
5. What does Myron think the club had to do with Clu and Bonnie?
(a) They may have gone there together.
(b) It might be why Bonnie threw him out.
(c) Clu bought his drugs there.
(d) Bonnie used to dance there.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Esperanza think about Win and Myron?
2. Who does Myron call for information about Sophie and Lucy?
3. What does Cyndi tell Myron?
4. What does the picture do as he is watching it?
5. Why would Esperanza know about the $200K withdrawal?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens during the meeting between Myron and Bonnie Haide? Why do you think she has said what she said?
2. How had things been going for Clu when Myron left on vacation and how did that change?
3. What type of theme seems to be in evidence with Clu's life? Do you think Clu was a bad person?
4. What does Billy Lee's mother tell Myron? Do you think it was right for her to blame Myron for not helping Billy Lee?
5. What do you think Myron and Esperanza's relationship is like and how do you think Myron feels about it?
6. What does Jessica tell Myron about Clu? Do you think Myron being in danger had anything to do with Clu's death?
7. How did Myron react to the news of Clu's withdrawal? Do you think it was moral or ethical for Win to give Clu the money?
8. Explain why you think Hester is an example of a strong, smart, and powerful woman.
9. Describe Clu Haid.
10. How did the press act about Esperanza's case? Do you think that was ethical of the press to act like that?
This section contains 1,145 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)