Essay Topics/Writing Assignments
These 20 essay questions can be used as essay questions on a test, or as stand-alone essay topics for a take-home or in-class writing assignment. Students should have a full understanding of the text in order to answer these questions. They ask for a thorough analysis of the text.
1. Discuss one of the following:
1. Compare/contrast Myron with Win.
2. Thoroughly describe and analyze the character Esperanza.
3. Thoroughly describe and analyze the character Big Cyndi.
2. This novel belongs to the mystery/detective genre. Discuss the following:
1. Define the term literary genre and explain why this novel would be considered a mystery/detective.
2. Discuss some of the characteristics of a mystery/detective genre, citing examples from the book.
3. Do you think some genres are more "literary" than others? Why or why...
This section contains 1,412 words|
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)